Stooopid Smoke Alarms

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Empty rental house. Painters sprayed the ceiling without removing smoke alarms. Damn things will not reset. I’m not rescheduling this job. Called the PM and told them the problem. Then I took down the alarms and put them in the fridge to deaden the noise. They are still beeping. 😵‍💫
F10442AF-070A-4B81-B662-341DE9EC9050.jpeg
And to make it worse. My short ass had to roll the trash can in from outside so I could reach those sumbiches

Mikey P

Administrator
Empty rental house. Painters sprayed the ceiling without removing smoke alarms. Damn things will not reset. I’m not rescheduling this job. Called the PM and told them the problem. Then I took down the alarms and put them in the fridge to deaden the noise. They are still beeping. 😵‍💫
View attachment 118318
And to make it worse. My short ass had to roll the trash can in from outside so I could reach those sumbiches

I had an elderly couple recently that just put up with one giving the Hello, I'm 15 years old and need replacing Alert for who knows how long.
I took it down and handed it to them. No way was I and my hearing aides going to deal with it.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I had an elderly couple recently that just put up with one giving the Hello, I'm 15 years old and need replacing Alert for who knows how long.
I took it down and handed it to them. No way was I and my hearing aides going to deal with it.
I bet you did it standing flat footed.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
View attachment 118318
Can't you take the battery out?

Reactions: SamIam

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Yesterday I had smoke alarms go off for an hour on the job. Got through with air pods. Not sure why they were sounding but it sucked.
However
After banging out $800 for the day, ended up here.....

11B7F5B7-9A5E-4CEF-BEE4-9B213595199D.jpeg

Saw a real nice buck, no shot. Passed on a doe with a little fawn. 2 Foxes came by at 8 yards. Felt so good being up in the tree. First time this season.

(after seeing my own pic, glad I didnt fall. the carabeener which im tethered with is unlocked....not cool)

What a different world in a day after cleaning a shitload of stairs.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Actually it was pretty smart thinking of the refrigerator. I’d probably put em in the garage. I’m done with my house I’ve been on this week. Back to being a delivery boy, and spending money on broken machines🤷🏼‍♂️ #featherduster

Reactions: Trip Moses

SamIam

Name
sam miller
View attachment 118318
Pull the batteries?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I did the fridge trick a few months ago. Some detectors have non-removable, ten-year batteries.

Be sure to determine what triggered the detector. My van was parked under the open windows of the second-story room where the detector was located. I closed those windows, but couldn't get the detector to reset.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I did the fridge trick a few months ago. Some detectors have non-removable, ten-year batteries.

Be sure to determine what triggered the detector. My van was parked under the open windows of the second-story room where the detector was located. I closed those windows, but couldn't get the detector to reset.
They going off when I arrived. Dude next door said they’d been going off for two days. They had been painted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom