Strange Residue.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
This is the by-pass screen on my SS370. This residue/build up wouldn't budge with some detergent, sprayed some alcohol and used an air hose to get it clean. Anyone seen this and figured out whats building up?

Attachments

• bypassScreen235hrs.JPG
    bypassScreen235hrs.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 289
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
well that's the big question I have. If so, perhaps a small amount is pulled from via the last-step manifold and starts building up on the screen in question. That screen has a real tiny mesh and the water at that point is very hot. For now it won't stop me from running this detergent, I like it's performance way to much. I'll see if my supplier/shop has an opinion.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If it the bypass screen (figure 16), then there should be no chemical in that part of the system. If that's the screen, its a water issue (hardness or contamination or both). If its the check valve screen (figure 3), then it could be your chemical.

Let us know which it is.

upload_2016-6-17_11-47-54.png

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
jack zerkie
I had that problem with my hydro 470D the screens would hold and block that from entering the unit. I would just soak them in a mild acid for a few minutes then rinse. jz.

Name
jack zerkie
If you look inside after the screens are out the hydra had allen head screws the came out each one has a different opening to allow a the water to flow from each opening. to control water temp.jz.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim it's definitely the by-screen.

Good. Unless you have a broken diaphragm in your chemical pump or a faulty outlet check valve, you needn't worry about your detergent. You likely have both a water hardness problem, as well as material in the water that requires some additional filtration.

Do you carry fresh water or hook up at each location?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Glad to hear it's a water issue. Hadn't heard back from my distributor/shop on this picture, thanks Jim. I feed my machine from an on-board fresh water tank that stays full from many different sources. Probably 3 to 4 municipal supplies in and around my County, and countless individual residential wells. Can only imagine what I pick up along the way.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Glad to hear it's a water issue. Hadn't heard back from my distributor/shop on this picture, thanks Jim. I feed my machine from an on-board fresh water tank that stays full from many different sources. Probably 3 to 4 municipal supplies in and around my County, and countless individual residential wells. Can only imagine what I pick up along the way.

You'll also find your cleaning will improve with softened water. Hard water can "use up" most of your cleaning agent's cleaning effectiveness; depending on the grains of hardness and how your product is formulated, you will be able to use half the product and see better results.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If it the bypass screen (figure 16), then there should be no chemical in that part of the system. If that's the screen, its a water issue (hardness or contamination or both). If its the check valve screen (figure 3), then it could be your chemical.

Let us know which it is.

View attachment 15440

Check the Oring on the part number 9 in they diagram if that Oring get blown out or needs replacing you can in fact get chemical in other places.

But ya looks like dirt and sticky.

A lot of products with anti resoil agents will gum up your screens

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
install a whole house water filter before your softner, and it will help protect your pump and your plumbing

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom