Streamlining

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sold my old dodge truck mount today. Had that custom built unit in 3 vans but time to let it go. Sold both Cimexes now, an old porty, some miscellaneous gear I wasn't using. Paying off bills, and building my savings for my Phoenix op machine. Pretty well have enough now. Looking to maybe hire someone this year, both my truck mounts are easy to use and going after more commercial buildings for op work. Should be an interesting year.

Name
Jeff T
Sold my old dodge truck mount today. Had that custom built unit in 3 vans but time to let it go. Sold both Cimexes now, an old porty, some miscellaneous gear I wasn't using. Paying off bills, and building my savings for my Phoenix op machine. Pretty well have enough now. Looking to maybe hire someone this year, both my truck mounts are easy to use and going after more commercial buildings for op work. Should be an interesting year.
Just tell him^^^, to go back to sleep...
Good for you Ron...
I’m making some changes myself this new year.
And yes, it includes an OP....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Btw how much is that Phoenix gonna cost it’s harder to get them across the border isnt it?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Starting a CC business? Right now? At this time of year? And with COVID lockdown going on?
YUP, won’t be long....
At least he’ll have a van to sleep in...
Either that or he might become some serious competition. I started up in the recession of the early 80's and did really well for a start up.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A couple bucks. And yes, I’ll be waiting for it to clear customs for probably 2 months...
If you want I can refer you to a customs broker in Blaine that zips me through every time.I ordered a couple of pumps last year around this time, I paid for overnight and it only took 10 days. Most times its the shipping company that fooks it up in my experience.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Btw how much is that Phoenix gonna cost it’s harder to get them across the border isnt it?
Exchange and shipping costs. If it's $3500 down there, it's more like $5500 up here. My best money makers by far is my encap machines. I find the orbital machines more versatile than the Cimex machines. Nothing wrong with Cimex, just a personal preference. I just bid on 2 new buildings that the truck mount can't reach. $2500 if I get it. Probably 3-4 hours work per building. All glue down carpet less than 2 years old. Looking for more of those.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Exchange and shipping costs. If it's $3500 down there, it's more like $5500 up here. My best money makers by far is my encap machines. I find the orbital machines more versatile than the Cimex machines. Nothing wrong with Cimex, just a personal preference. I just bid on 2 new buildings that the truck mount can't reach. $2500 if I get it. Probably 3-4 hours work per building. All glue down carpet less than 2 years old. Looking for more of those.
For sure a lot less stops.

I like commercial just not at night. I’m done with night work. Have one account at night. Thinking of selling that side of the business dunno yet

Reactions: FB7777

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I like commercial just not at night. I’m done with night work. Have one account at night. Thinking of selling that side of the business dunno yet
I do very little night work. Most of the commercial I target is condominium towers and buildings with poor or no access for a truck mount. We have thousands of those buildings here, just a matter of hustling and getting out there. Usually start at 8:30 am and finish by 3 pm. A lot of times, they have janitorial staff to do the pre vac. For some one living in a similar city, there is good opportunity to just get a mini van and an orbital machine and vacuum and just focus on that type of work. Take your time and do proper spot removal and you're golden.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

We did most of our commercial carpet cleaning on Saturday mornings. We tried to work no later than 1:00 so the techs didn't lose the whole day. If the project was large we threw more operators at it. Most were 2-3 man crew but big jobs could be 10-12.

Name
Jeff T
I don't think he has a name yet. He also bought an old JEM unit. Young guy I think with some kind of construction business. He seems to have the drive, who knows.
The only local guys that fit that description, are either Jordan, or a guy named Walter...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
my heartless soul enjoys removing some soil as compared to hiding it all..
We just sold what the client wanted. They would be blown away at the results from Encap with the Cimex. They would ask we do the same process as before.

Padding was used in trouble areas as a substitute for HWE which would have required a portable due to access and distance.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
We did most of our commercial carpet cleaning on Saturday mornings. We tried to work no later than 1:00 so the techs didn't lose the whole day. If the project was large we threw more operators at it. Most were 2-3 man crew but big jobs could be 10-12.
Our area doesn’t have a lot of huge places outside of retail and I didn’t like those. Most were ran by third parties.

our last main cleaning acct is 103 rooms carpet and drapes. We also pressure wash entire building and clean all exterior windows. It’s a 4 story hotel on base

Edit
I take that back there are a lot of military installments but it’s always a pain getting on and off base

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We just sold what the client wanted. They would be blown away at the results from Encap with the Cimex. They would ask we do the same process as before.

Padding was used in trouble areas as a substitute for HWE which would have required a portable due to access and distance.
I have had good success with both the Cimex and the Sprayborg using just fiber scrub pads. Using the right chemistry is what makes it work. I was blown away by a community college i did a couple of years ago. There were several classrooms that were too far away to reach with the truck so I brought in the Cimex. CDG covered in coffee and other beverage stains. I cleaned part with the Cimex only, then used the Cimex as a scrubber for the areas that I hwe'd. Went back the next day to check on the job and you could not tell what was Cimexed only from what was hwe'd. I used an Oxy encap product that just wiped out all of the stains.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Our area doesn’t have a lot of huge places outside of retail and I didn’t like those. Most were ran by third parties.

our last main cleaning acct is 103 rooms carpet and drapes. We also pressure wash entire building and clean all exterior windows. It’s a 4 story hotel on base
Retail can be good, I picked up a shoe store for $400 that took me 2 hours. They vacuumed with the identical vacuum I use, The aisles were straight up and down. I show up with the machine, pads and enough chemical mixed to complete the job. I have 6-2.5 gallon jugs that I can mix at the shop. That's one of the reasons why I like the Sprayborg and the Phoenix. So easy to swap the jugs out and keep going. Retail is probably not great now but if things pick up, go by your local mall and check out the stores with carpet. Usually pretty easy in and out.

Reactions: Samuel

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Edit
I take that back there are a lot of military installments but it’s always a pain getting on and off base
We tried to stay out of retail or anything small by having a $250.00 minimum for after hours work.

A small job was around $500.00 and larger several grand. Sometimes we would be forced to do smaller jobs for regular accounts.

Corporations were are target along with city, state, county. Anyone with large office space and cubes.

We worked very hard to please them, with the idea that were there ever a water or fire loss they would also call us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom