Stripping Granite

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The guy who bought my business has a job that requires stripping 4000 sf of finish off granite tiles. Never stripped granite in my illustrious career and the granite is going to be resurfaced to my knowledge. Any tips or hints?

Mikey P

Administrator
The guy who bought my business has a job that requires stripping 4000 sf of finish off granite tiles. Never stripped granite in my illustrious career and the granite is going to be resurfaced to my knowledge. Any tips or hints?
Resurfacing granite requires a skill set that tells me he is in over his bucket

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Not the lowest hanging fruit

Before pricing, YOU have to test. We use a grading system with pricing tiers.
Are they also expecting it all out of the grout lines?
Resurface to me indicates Diamond refinishing. High skill, $$$, has to be ground flat, if not already

He, the "refinisher" is just "1-stepping it".
And if 100% of the coating does not come off, the "1 step refinishing" is going to highlight, it in a bad way, and make it stand out.
It is a great way to find all the wax missed though.- one company need to do it all

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The guy is one of the best resurface dudes in the city. We've referred back and forth for years. He knows what he's doing.

Mikey P

Administrator
The guy is one of the best resurface dudes in the city. We've referred back and forth for years. He knows what he's doing.
If he's the best and you're asking the questions you did in the op then that's a sad state of affairs for your town.

Strip it, clean it, seal the hell out of it and leave it the f alone

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
I agree with Carl but now that your not refinishing the granite-you will want to find the most efficient method to strip the coatings off. Test the surface to see how thick and the strength of the coating. Then you can match a stripper product to what you need to remove the coatings.

Joseph225

Has this job been accomplished? I'm not gonna get into the resurfacing of the granite, but the stripping of the coating (as long as it's an acrylic) should work just like a normal VCT job. Grout lines might be a PITA, depending on how big/deep they are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom