Stryker Wand video

Mikey P

Administrator
The extra vacuum port did not make it to the final version but the window did.

Love the window actually. DE needs to sell replacement plastic/glass for cheap. Way too cool to see muddy spots/urine/moisture coming out.

Bob Foster

studigrip2.jpg

studibottom.jpg

G

Looks like WAY too much water making it to the carpets backing/pad. ???

G

Interesting design; Lotta moisture getting in that carpet; hopefully that glide helps. Nice concept; ergo nomically design for a broken down sailor such as myself.

F

FB7777

I don't like any of the handle configuations on that thing... would work fine in an open area but not in bedrooms and other tight spots

looks like a major water hog, with that continous flow you are gonna choke down some vacuum.

Not to mention use up water and fill your waste tank quickly.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I see no real improvement over a standard wand.

Doesn't seem to "Glide" any better either.

But I kinda like the handle set up as it keeps you upright.

Too many carpet cleaners have a bad posture and put the handle too far down the tube forcing them to hunch over.

And Mikey it looks like you pick the wand head off the carpet to start another stroke.
Doesn't appear to GLIDE all that easily does it?

I have some radical designs and just need a engineer to collaborate with to finally be that carpet cleaner who actually cleans carpet. Instead of a sit behind the desk design this for dumsumbitch carpet cleaners engineer.

Mikey P

Administrator
That handle is not on the final version.

Either is that amount of flow. Which we were fooling around with at 3 GPM.

But even at 3 with my V it was not over wetting the carpet due to the 2 vac slots.

The spray bar on the proto is flush with the glide so it comes in contact with the fiber. THe final version has it reccessed so gliding will be much improved...

My 3 concerns with the final version is the angle the vacuum hose connects at, the need for a trigger and how long the plastic head will stay attached to the metal tube.

Reactions: DAT

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmm ... I kinda liked the thought of no trigger. Better on the old hands. The longer reach and lower head height looked like a great improvement to me, as well. Of course, we can't tell if the handle set up is going to be advantageous until we actually use the wand, but from the looks of things, I'm not so sure. Since I have 'the worlds most powerful cleaning machine', the flow rate is not that much of a concern to me, but the overall size of that monster might be a real problem when I clean my neighbors trailer homes.

I'm still looking for that perfected Castex wand.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With SS glides, angled jets pointed just milimeters behind the slot and radical self installed "Wings" to prevent overspray the POS Castex wand "Is" perfect.

And don't forget it's 16 inches wide.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... I can't imagine cleaning with a wand that big. I was talking to Lisa last night and told her if my joint pain gets much worse, I'm going to have to go back to cleaning with a 1.5 inch wand. Imagine, a Vortex running a 1.5 inch wand ... LOL.

Seriously though, when I hire again, I will be looking for primarily female techs, and I can't see them being able to manage a 2 inch wand comfortably, much less a 2.5.

Name
Nate W.
admiralclean said:
Man ... I can't imagine cleaning with a wand that big. I was talking to Lisa last night and told her if my joint pain gets much worse, I'm going to have to go back to cleaning with a 1.5 inch wand. Imagine, a Vortex running a 1.5 inch wand ... LOL.

Seriously though, when I hire again, I will be looking for primarily female techs, and I can't see them being able to manage a 2 inch wand comfortably, much less a 2.5.

I also got that problem. It seems too uncomfortable. :lol:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mikey P said:
Love the window actually. DE needs to sell replacement plastic/glass for cheap. Way too cool to see muddy spots/urine/moisture coming out.

First thing I do to all my floor tools is zip the top of the deck off with a cutoff wheel leaving a border around the edge and replacing the top with clear Lexan. Invaluable when rinsing spots and stains you think are gone but with the clear top you can see when they are really gone. it is really nice while drystroking to see just how much water is really coming up.
The only disadvantage... the clear top slows production but I think it prevents callbacks on spots.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Interesting wand design.

It does look like a pretty sharp angle for those hundreds of CFM,
to go from straight up to straight back.

What did the jet spray look like ?

Is it a lot of straight stream jets ?

I agree with Jimmy;

anything to keep the back straight is a good idea.

Larry

TimP

I think a wand valve is going to be necesarry. Especially with higher flow.

Our heat exchange machines can't keep up with constant high flow, they need recovery time. Especially mine.

Plus I would rather be done with the cleaning and dry strokes before moving on. Other wise you have twice the walking to do cleaning going back and forth.

Bob Foster

I've been racking my brain and searching everywhere for comments I made about wand handle configurations. Someone here might remember me saying that it should be shaped like a wood plane with a nob in the front and back handle like a wood plane has or a Toyota Supra shift grip. On the back handle I said to but a finger trigger on in like a gun only upside down.

I also suggested the front nob should be able to flip side to side for left and right work and the way it worked was to spin it loose and rotatate it over and then clockwise turn that nob to screw its friction tight to the tube for your favorite angle..

Damn - I should be getting royalties on this thing!!! Hey Keith, is it too late.

Where the hell did I say that!

That wand looks cool. How well do you think it would clean commercial glue down, and would it help with streaking issues?

Mikey P

Administrator
NO streaking because the spray is continuous. No jet impact.

This one sucked on CGD but they fixed the problem I'm told.

The wand was actually too short for me.

and yes that is me in the video.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Hey Bob,

Great handle design, what do you think about the jets between the two vacuum ports?? The whole concept of the lexan, dual ports, and the positioning of the spray manifold between the two ports. This is a huge patent violation for those of you who are not aware of my patent claims. Check out my website, http://www.zipper-it.com and see for yourself!!!

Bob Foster said:
I've been racking my brain and searching everywhere for comments I made about wand handle configurations. Someone here might remember me saying that it should be shaped like a wood plane with a nob in the front and back handle like a wood plane has or a Toyota Supra shift grip. On the back handle I said to but a finger trigger on in like a gun only upside down.

I also suggested the front nob should be able to flip side to side for left and right work and the way it worked was to spin it loose and rotatate it over and then clockwise turn that nob to screw its friction tight to the tube for your favorite angle..

Damn - I should be getting royalties on this thing!!! Hey Keith, is it too late.

Where the hell did I say that!

Back
Top Bottom