Stuck.

Mikey P

Administrator
You're a cocky putz, I have to hand it to you.

I'm just hanging out with the fellow lowlifes, talking shop...

MVIMG_20190212_132105.jpg

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I drove from New York City home to avoid a 22 hour delay...... I slept in the Newark airport rather than venture outside into the questionable charm of that city.... and have endured hours just sitting doing what you are doing for shorter delays and missed connections.

Its among the reasons I admire road warriors like Ann Bedwell, Bill Yeadon, Shawn Bisaillon, Rachel Adams, and the others.

I admire them... I do NOT envy them.

I am flying but one more time this year if I can at all help it, and its annoying me already.

Reactions: SamIam

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I drove from New York City home to avoid a 22 hour delay...... I slept in the Newark airport rather than venture outside into the questionable charm of that city.... and have endured hours just sitting doing what you are doing for shorter delays and missed connections.

Its among the reasons I admire road warriors like Ann Bedwell, Bill Yeadon, Shawn Bisaillon, Rachel Adams, and the others.

I admire them... I do NOT envy them.

I am flying but one more time this year if I can at all help it, and its annoying me already.
I guess you really do have to be a janitor not to be bothered by that stuff. Newark never bothered me, NYC either. Even Seattle on gay pride day didn’t bother me. 40k of em. When you’re the janitor, what else can bother you. Well, 5 hrs. In the airport would be pushing it.

Reactions: steve_64

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Even Seattle on gay pride day didn’t bother me.

I caught the "Fremont Freak Show" when teaching a class at Dennis Bruders' distributorship in Seattle a few millenia ago. It was a unique moment to say it mildly.

I have had great experiences in crappy cities and terrible ones in "nice cities". I just didn't want to spend 22 hours in Laguardia airport and the rental car was cheaper than a hotel in NYC.

Newark is still not a garden spot in the Garden State no matter how you try to dress it up.

You're right though...my early teens was spent as a janitor, and cleaning toilets did prepare me a bit for Newark anyway.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
After a rough landing in a C-141 that blew a tire, flamed the brakes and clicked my teeth, we were told it would be eight hours while a tire jack was flown up from Florida to No-Hope-Pope.
Proclaiming myself to be an unhappy Master Chief, I rented a car and drove back on good old Terra Firma.

The firma, the less terra.

steve_64

After a rough landing in a C-141 that blew a tire, flamed the brakes and clicked my teeth, we were told it would be eight hours while a tire jack was flown up from Florida to No-Hope-Pope.
Proclaiming myself to be an unhappy Master Chief, I rented a car and drove back on good old Terra Firma.

Some friends of mine have a band they named themselves Terra Firma.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Doug Rice

Supportive Member

Had that happen coming in or leaving Frankfort Germany once and I think they lost 2. I still remember it and that was 30 years ago.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Richard have you become a morning person now with the new job? 5:26AM post

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dr. Appointment this am, 30 minute drive in. I also have to feed everyone before I leave. And I need to go get a card for the wife before I go to work too.

I usually get to work 30 minutes early.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yeah Richard deserves a thank you for all the crappy husbands and boyfriends out there that haven't already done their due diligence for tomorrow.

I knew an insurance agent who always sent a dozen roses to his male clients on Valentine Day's morning at their office. His note was:

"You owe me one buddy...."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom