Suck on these oranges. My view on orange force 123.

I used orangeforce today and must say I am very impressed. This carpet had not been cleaned in 9 years. I mixed at half recommended dilution. I vacuumed good, sprayed it on, let it dwell, and raked it in. The smell was very pleasant, mixed easy, and did the job just like every other prespray I have used. In fact I have not used a prespray that didn't work, but this combo is one of the best I have used. I plan to order some and use my powerburst for rentals and commercial and use this stuff for residential.

IMAG00981.jpg

IMAG00991.jpg

IMAG01011.jpg

IMAG01021.jpg

IMAG01031.jpg

IMAG01031.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG01031.jpg
    IMAG01031.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 123
R

rotovacguy

I totally agree, Daniel.

I used it in a health club a few weeks back, and was impressed. But truth be told, it wasn't the dirtiest place around, so I wanted to reserve any judgment until I came across a true filthy dump.

Well, that dump came this past weekend.............my living room!!! :lol:

I didn't take any pics, but the carpet in my living room is identical to the stuff in your pics, and the condition was similar. Mine is a cut pile nylon from shaw, the color is called "Koi Pond", looks just like the stuff in your pics.

Anyway, I mixed mine by eyeball, put some #1, #2, and some of the booster in the mytee inline, and have at it. Gave it a good scrubbing with the 175 and red pad, dwell about 20 mins or so, then rinsed at 450 psi. My usual sauce of choice is the Pro's Choice Ultra TLC, but can't stand the way that stuff foams up. I didn't get that with the orangeforce. It cut through the crap just as easily, didn't foam no where near as badly, and leaves a much better fragrance in the house. Too bad I'm already stocked up on chems, cause I'd gladly switch to the orangeforce, and plan to when I need to restock.

I used a pump sprayer with 2oz per gallon of Of1, 1oz oer gallon Of2, and 1 oz per gallon or the booster. I mixed it hot and cleaned with my Legend with just warm water. So yes I am impressed. Also there was a place at the back door where the door stop had been dragging on the carpet and my experience told me it wouldn't come out or atleast I would need to break out something strong. I sprayed it and scrubbed it with my shoe and it came right out. The fragrace was stronger after I cleaned the carpet. Like I said earlier there are a lot of great products on the market and they all work. I like this because it removed everything with ease, mixed easy, didn't foam, and smells good. I have a little left and I am going to use it as a booster on a tough job this weekend.

steve frasier said:
you were using powerburst on residentail as your normal prespray :?:

Yes two scoops of pb and two scoops or ps in my hydrocorce has been my go to prespray and it cleans everything. I have used it for four years with no problems. This limits the chems I need to carry. I also use ultrapac and express lane from time to time. I just started using sodium p in my prespray and am not sold on it yet. It works great as a spotter but as a booster I think regular peroxide might be better. If I am cleaning stain resistant carpet then I just hit the spots with a spotter and run Slurry mixed at half dilution. I rarely run into stain resistant carpet though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I haven't tried my sample yet. Been too busy testing other chemicals for folks, but I am about through with my last sample before the Orange stuff.

What is this stuff priced at ... anybody actually bought any yet?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
rotovacguy said:
I totally agree, Daniel.

I used it in a health club a few weeks back, and was impressed. But truth be told, it wasn't the dirtiest place around, so I wanted to reserve any judgment until I came across a true filthy dump.

Well, that dump came this past weekend.............my living room!!! :lol:

I didn't take any pics, but the carpet in my living room is identical to the stuff in your pics, and the condition was similar. Mine is a cut pile nylon from shaw, the color is called "Koi Pond", looks just like the stuff in your pics.

Anyway, I mixed mine by eyeball, put some #1, #2, and some of the booster in the mytee inline, and have at it. Gave it a good scrubbing with the 175 and red pad, dwell about 20 mins or so, then rinsed at 450 psi. My usual sauce of choice is the Pro's Choice Ultra TLC, but can't stand the way that stuff foams up. I didn't get that with the orangeforce. It cut through the crap just as easily, didn't foam no where near as badly, and leaves a much better fragrance in the house. Too bad I'm already stocked up on chems, cause I'd gladly switch to the orangeforce, and plan to when I need to restock.
I clean my couch with the wand.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that carpet looks to me like it has a classic case of dog oil, meaning they have a dog that has very oily hair and that transfers onto the carpet. my ultrapak traffic clean will "paint" carpet that has a dog oil situation. not impressed.

steve g said:
that carpet looks to me like it has a classic case of dog oil, meaning they have a dog that has very oily hair and that transfers onto the carpet. my ultrapak traffic clean will "paint" carpet that has a dog oil situation. not impressed.

Yes you are right. There was also a lot of grease coming in from the garage. Why are you not impressed? I posted a month ago about a restaurant I had trouble cleaning. I plan on using the juice as a booster to my powerburst. I am doing one thing different as well. I increased the flow and went from three jets to five plus glides on my RX so I can flush this carpet like crazy. To be honest I moved the recliner to clean under it and had slurry running through the line and had to scrub on it to get the soil to release. Everything else came out with one pass. The other rooms were a different style of carpet and had quite a few mystery spots and they came right out. What juice are you using?

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
steve g said:

Yes you are right. There was also a lot of grease coming in from the garage. Why are you not impressed? I posted a month ago about a restaurant I had trouble cleaning. I plan on using the juice as a booster to my powerburst. I am doing one thing different as well. I increased the flow and went from three jets to five plus glides on my RX so I can flush this carpet like crazy. To be honest I moved the recliner to clean under it and had slurry running through the line and had to scrub on it to get the soil to release. Everything else came out with one pass. The other rooms were a different style of carpet and had quite a few mystery spots and they came right out. What juice are you using?

!gotcha!

Nate The Great said:
danielc said:
[quote="steve g":1lnyyb5n]that carpet looks to me like it has a classic case of dog oil, meaning they have a dog that has very oily hair and that transfers onto the carpet. my ultrapak traffic clean will "paint" carpet that has a dog oil situation. not impressed.

!gotcha![/quote:1lnyyb5n]

Sorry I missed the ultrapac part. I like ultrapac, but I prefer express lane by chemspec. It cleans equall and the smell is not as strong.

danielc said:
Yes you are right. There was also a lot of grease coming in from the garage. Why are you not impressed? I posted a month ago about a restaurant I had trouble cleaning. I plan on using the juice as a booster to my powerburst.

EErrm, Youre gonna boost Powerburst with OF??!! Really?! I honestly dont think that would be needed.If it was the other way around...then it would make sense to me. I can imagine if you try boosting Powerburst with the OF3 though. (but, more for the fragrance ,then anything).

The Asian Sensation!! said:
danielc said:
Yes you are right. There was also a lot of grease coming in from the garage. Why are you not impressed? I posted a month ago about a restaurant I had trouble cleaning. I plan on using the juice as a booster to my powerburst.

EErrm, Youre gonna boost Powerburst with OF??!! Really?! I honestly dont think that would be needed.If it was the other way around...then it would make sense to me. I can imagine if you try boosting Powerburst with the OF3 though. (but, more for the fragrance ,then anything).

Yes the OF2 is just powder peroxide or sodium p and should help brighten the carpet. The booster is the best I have used. To be honest powerburst and 40 vol would probably work. I can't wait to use the RX. I have full slots on it. You would not believe how stopped up the other slots were. It's amazing it picked up water. I increased the flow, went to five jets, full slots, and have glides. This thing should rinse great.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
danielc said:
steve g said:
Why are you not impressed? ?

because when you use something that targets the oil in a dog oil carpet it cuts through it like a hot knife through butter, the results are dramatic. the citrus stuff was attacking the oil big time on that carpet. which also means other products will do the same thing. however most carpets don't have a dog oil issue or need something that attacks oil that violently, IMO its not a good thing to use on the carpet, I worry about it rinsing properly. with that said I recommend a well formulated standard prespray, hint ultra-pak is a great one, that will do just as good a job and is proven to rinse well.

some carpets getting the gunk out is more important than rinsing the carpet really really well, that carpet may have been one.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I still haven't tried my sample yet either. Keep forgetting to bring it out! I'll have to take it out on the truck tomorrow.

It's just nerve racking to "test" products on clients homes... But if it's good than I guess there is nothing to worry about.

R

rotovacguy

I used the supplied rinse both times I used it, and it came out perfect, no residue.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you want to seem smart, while at the same time discrediting a product you don't like, claiming it leaves a residue is the best way.

Not many folks will test it to see for themselves.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
rotovacguy said:
I used the supplied rinse both times I used it, and it came out perfect, no residue.

how do you know there is no residue?? there may not be, the only way to tell is how it resoils and even that depends on if the customers vac is working right etc. rinsing out the products as cleaners should be our biggest concern. in addition to protector tests I would like to see this tested as well.

I learned through experience that a good emulsifier like dry slurry will rinse and clean the carpet better and leave less residue behind. Forget the acid rinse. Maybe as an afterspray, but for me I use an emulsifier on tough jobs.

R

rotovacguy

steve g said:
rotovacguy said:

how do you know there is no residue?? there may not be, the only way to tell is how it resoils and even that depends on if the customers vac is working right etc. rinsing out the products as cleaners should be our biggest concern. in addition to protector tests I would like to see this tested as well.

I know because it is MY living room! It's been 5 days now, my dogs and kids have trampled it since then, but it's still soft and fluffy, no resoiling issues that I can see.

As far as the health club goes, it's been like 3 or 4 weeks, and my brother is the one who helped me on that job, plus he attends that club several times a week, has told me that it is still in excellent condition, especially considering the amount of time and foot traffic it gets.

All I know is the Orangeforce stuff worked great for me. I used it in both my home, with a thick cut pile nylon, and in a health club with CGD olefin, with great results on both. Maybe it's not for everyone, as some here have said they can take it or leave it. To each their own. When I need to restock my chems, Curt will be getting my business.

Chris A

Name
Chris
my church job I did a month ago is still RAVING about the carpet, I've heard it unsolicited from a customer! I'm still to lazy to buy the stuff though.

-JB-

Name
JB
Marty,

I assume your talking about my comments, and no I am NOT trying to discredit anything, UNLESS I have personal experience with it, which I DO NOT have with OF123, BUT that having said that, I have had BAD experience costing me upwards of $13+k in lost revenue, not to mention what ever loss of customers they MAY have referred, using a product that was LOADED with dilimonene...
http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3331&hilit=atomic

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24556&hilit=atomik

all's I'm saying is USE CAUTION with ANY products with dilimonene toted as the great end all of the cleaning world. This is NOT a reflection on the OF123 guy, I just feel passionate about keeping anyone else from possibly loosing income based on a lack of knowledge.

I have noticed in ANY of my rants about the dilimonene based products Atomik, JJ, my questions pertaining to the type, quantity, or rinsability (is that even a word?) of the product, NEVER get addressed, by the owners/represenitives of the companies themselves, the closest any came was...
Taf Baig
Post subject: JB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 am

I don't make the chemicals, I only test them. If they work according to direction, then I approve them. :)

What an answer. :roll:

The lack of response leads me to think that they don't know the answers.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
steve g said:
rotovacguy said:

The ONLY real way is to take a piece of rubber - cause carpet is basically rubber?? and uh, well - you know the rest.
Please put on your lab coat and safety glasses first!

You know my helper was cleaning another rubber carpet today and dropped the wand..... Well it hit the floor so hard it bounced right through that man's roof!!!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Gawd, Is there anyone here who isn’t striping the stain resistance off at every job? There is a time and place for high PH chems but it doesn’t sound like most of you ever have anything with a PH below 10 in your prespray.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom