suggestions for this tile floor?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
construction clean up:
first visit did a general clean and autoscrubbed the floor. After that could tell the idiot did a terrible job cleaning the tile after grouting on a very porous tile.
Tonight did all the tile with the spinner and 12.5ph tile product. Even spiked the psi to 1400...still nope. Then tried goof off and a few other things that did absolutely nothing. When you run your hand over the spots you cant even feel it. Pretty much like that all over the entire 2700 sq store. Even the wall tiles have that!

Didn't have any acid otherwise would have tried that....

any ideas?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Not to sound like an insult but you need to brush up on your pH knowledge.

12.5 is pretty high Alkaline.

You need something in the 2 to 3 pH range to break down that alkaline grout residue. If you don't have a Nylagrit brush (and every tile cleaning profession SHOULD HAVE ONE) you could try a fresh Black stripping pad.

Don't forget to use a sling ring to protect the surroundings from the acid.

SWINGSG.jpg

make your own out of plastic yard boarder/edging material and gorilla tape.

Reactions: J Scott W

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
The grit brush as Mike said. And don't forget to charge them for what the installers should have done.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
yes it for sure is grout residue

I know the ph scale Mike, just didn't know acid was needed to break grout down. In 8ish years only ever needed acid once.
At this time only have nylagrit for my cimex, but for the tile baseboard....just elbow grease?:hopeless:

I make my spash guards out of commercial baseboard works under all my machines.

Agreed Blewis, thinking of charging at least $1/sq, or more?

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Bring AM sealer and coating remover if epoxy
And KS3 paint stripper

By looks, tile is not porous, just textured.
I have had customer go to court sue builder on that subject

Be careful with acid application as not to damage grout lines
There have have fun time as it is maintaining that surface

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We use a local product called shower power, its a light acid. Probably would use a stripping pad and just keep it in small sections.
Grit brush may break it down better though, we just always use the stripping pad first. No reason why, habit.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
and now that I have slept lol...

textured in the dining and porous, small 6" tiles in the kitchen. When you mop it, it sticks and as soon as you add water the tile turns color :S ..but same problem there. Wasn't properly cleaned after grouting

pinosan

Name
Martin
quick clean from stone pro will do the trick as mentioned above. If not available, sulfamic acid from the tile isle in HD. I would stay away from brack pads
and get a hols of a polypropylene or nylon brush. some tiles get scratched when using pads.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
unfortunately only stuff available in town is Sapphire scientific acid cleaner, which according to the supplier isnt really an acid product but more of an oxidizer?
and Esteam acidic. Everything else is pretty much a ship in from the usa :(
http://www.esteam.com/cms_files/1349457386T&GAcidic.pdf

Going to try just spot treating the bad areas. So think I could get away with picking it up with my autoscrubber then spraying down a neutralizer and also in the tank and doing a few passes instead of using the truck?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Dustin, figure out what you want and I can help you get it shipped from Vancouver, just decide on a supplier. There's a guy in Red Deer, I can't remember his name other than it was Rick something. He had a variety of imported stuff. Wesclean is back in the game again, there's a Steamway guy in Calgary. Look for free delivery from the US and get it sent to a freight forwarder on the border to save on shipping. You'll need a customs broker as well.How the hell do you keep that monster warm in the winter? I spent a couple if winters on the prairies. :eekk:

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
thanks, appreciate the offer :)!

I use energy foil 2" on the walls which has a 12.1 R value. Going to re do the roof as it only had R4 on it. Snow sure melted fast lol
There is a webasto 2000ST diesl heater plumbed into my tank. Amazing heat!

Since the AT pre heats my water while driving often when i pull up the water temp is already 100-130 before i turn the unit on :) Helps immensely over my old TM.
I think pre heated water is the only way to clean on the prairies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8CJYooRSRY

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
For discussion purposes - If this tile were natural stone with the same problem, how would you guys go about correcting it ?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
success!
For now they just wanted a few spots on the floor and all the baseboard done. Acid 1:4 scrubbed with brush then rinsed the wall and picked up with autoscrubber.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There's a guy in Red Deer, I can't remember his name other than it was Rick something. He had a variety of imported stuff.

Rick Thode in red Deer. I think the company name is Organic Solutions. At least it is "Organic ________"

Mikey P

Administrator
For discussion purposes - If this tile were natural stone with the same problem, how would you guys go about correcting it ?

I assume you mean calcium based stone.

The is a non acidic haze removal product from MBStone..I think. .

Or plan on rehoneing or polishing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom