suggestions on area rug stain

tim

From what I can tell the spot seems to be fairly small. The background also appears to be white. If this is the case, wet the area around the spot and use hydrogen peroxide from the drug store. Let it sit and rinse thoroughly when it lightens. If It doesn't improve,,repeat step 1 then use mb magic and a few seconds of steams.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dgargan;

Assuming the customer has signed off on the danger of further treatments . . .

I would try some Dynachem Dye Stain Remover with steam.

Application of the liquid should be only inside the area with discoloration.

Since it is a reducing agent, it is safer than an oxidizer (like peroxide).

Larry

dgargan

It is wool. I am always Leary of using a steamer with peroxide on wool.

tim

I agree, if you use peroxide, make sure it is the weak version from the drug store. you can even dilute it further. Always best to start weak and adjust if it doesnt work. Dont use heat with ther peroxide and rinse thoroughly when the removal has been achieved. Magic (from mb) and Dye Stain Remover are reducing agents and ok to use heat in moderation. I would only try it for 5 second intervals and increase the time if it isnt working. Careful to wet the surrounding area so it doesnt spread into the other colors. Your other option is to tell the customer it isnt coming out. You never want to make their problem your problem so it goes without saying that I would inform the customer the stain is not coming out with cleaning and you have other products you can try but only with their written permission as there is some risk involved.

C

cucu

Just dye the whole thing Dark brown....cant go wrong......it will be fine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom