Suggestions please....

Rex Tyus

I have a Von Schrader that I am gonna strip down and pimp out with a sprayer attachent over the foam generator. What pump would you guys recommend to hook up to the 5 gallon solution tank to spray and scrub? I am gonna have the jets mounted on the unit and spray just ahead of the brush. This will be for prescrubbing as I am not one much for brush and vac "cleaning".

TimP

Rex I'd look into a shurflo pump like what's on the omni sprayer. Possibly also what's on the mytee sprayer, because it's a demand pump from what I understand. I'm sure they are probably off the shelf. Then buy a 12 volt battery and mount it somewhere.

If not battery then buy a shurflo pump that is a/c powered. I think you can find the pumps fairly easy, I think sta-rite makes the shurflow pumps. The main thing I'd look for is one that you can run dry on occasion when you run out of solution like with a battery sprayer.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hey show a pic of what you want to do....my dad has like 3 of the older vonschraders.... that would be a good idea...

clyndrical scrubbing....hummmmm wonder if you could do just the handle, brush motor and brushes???

Rex Tyus

I suck at picture taking and posting plus it will be a couple of weeks before I actually start (in Rex Time that means a month or two) but basicaly I was thinking of a shur flo, flow jet on demant type. I am really interested in the consenses of the psi/flow needed to wet but not soak.

I am going to remove the vac motor the recovery pan, the vac blade, the defoamer tray, and the foam generator. Plan on mounting the pump where the recovery tray was spray jets configured or mounted on the front of the unit so as to spray just ahead of the brush.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you dont think thats to big for a scrub machine??

hummmm maybe i need to go swipe one from his, dust area in the garage...

using the white brushes i take it???

Rex Tyus

The machine is a little bulky but it is well balanced and easier to handle than a rotary. The positioning of the 5 Gal solution tank assists in added weight without to much loss of manuverability. White brushes as needed and I have the black commercial brush as well to get mean when I have to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom