sulfar water in home

Rex Tyus

She has sulfur water, that they add chlorine to.

By they do you mean the municipality or an in home treatment system? If municipality the chlorine concentration is unlikely high enough to make a difference. This is a dumb question, but did you try a protein spotter?

Rex Tyus

It is a possibility the sulfur and chlorine content played a roll. She may have even added a little extra sumpin sumpin to the rinse she don't want to admit to.

Did you try a reducing agent? I know you would normally oxidize a poop spot but as a counter measure to the chlorine content.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Yellow rx seems to be a reducer.

Not color loss right?

You say they extracted with water only. Have you instructed them before to do this?. Most homeowners usually throw the kitchen sink at any spot, that's why we're in business :lol:

Try stain magic.

Albert

Chads

Supportive Member
Rinse very well before trying anything else and I would probally try stain magic or osr on it. You always could patch it.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This may be dumb but my guess would be that it is a rust stain from the heavy iron content of her water.

redbird

I think the poop took out the color, I have seen poop and vomit turn brown carpet orange or yellow.

I have sulphur in my water at home , i had a spot at the shower door.(more orange than yellow) I used everything on it,,,, stain magic took out the stain but it took a while,

I put it on heavy and left it dwell. Then extracted it and sprayed it again lightly

Chads

Supportive Member
Try some stain magic and put some Saran wrap over it to keep it moist longer and put something on the edges of the plastic to keep it from blowing off the stain.

asupremeclean

I had this problem several times. Not the water or the products fault.

I used stain magic like you would use red relief (with the iron and towel)and had great success.

Give that a try, should work.

How many times have we gotten that call? "You just cleaned my carpet last week but now my dang dog just had an accident and we need you here now."

Great for the pocketbook though. :D

Good luck.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I'm stumped

"Sorry Ma'am, dog shit happens." Like you said.. it's not your fault her dog messed up all your hard work.

You don't give a "If your dog craps on your floor, you throw a wild kegger and , beer, wine, and crab dip gets spilled all over the carpet in the next 4 weeks, I'll be back to clean it pro bono guarantee" do you?

If she brought her car to the repair shop to have her fuel injection system fixed to the tune of $400. but 3 weeks later driving through town her dog hits her shifter and throws the car into reverse and she blows her transmission... does she expect the repair man to fix her transmission for free for the same reason she thinks you should clean her carpet for free?!! That's asinine!!!!

Do they have any idea how much we'd have to charge to cover losses for making free return trips for completely separate cleaning issues? That REALLY is taking advantage of your generosity.

I'm sorry, yeah it sucks being her, but c'mon... you know what.. she's probably not going to call you back again even if you do clean it for free because her opinion of you has changed in her mind.

I had a similar situation happen, I gave a slight break because I was in the area and it wasn't nearly as severe an issue as you have but I didn't away my services either.

Good luck dude,

tim

since you have 4 spots, you have an opportunity to try a few approaches. Dog, just having surgery, could have antibiotics in its system that create an artificial dye stain...red 1 or equivalent. Could just be a stubborn protein stain, oxidizer like osr with dwell. The 3rd spot, try stain magic after thorough rinse and dry and stain zone for good measure on the fourth. Dont use heat, it will set the stain. IF nothing works, then try DCI light with stain magic or heat, as everything possible has been tried at that point. Chances are, one of the spots will respond and repeat on all 4. I would try them one at a time to save time if it responds. My experience has been stain magic or stain zone on these. Be careful with heat on these! I have over bleached a carpet being impatient. I is better to use a DCI light over time with SM or SZ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom