SummerFest XI - OCT 1-3 2009 - Norcross GA (Atlanta area)

SF2009.jpgSummerFest, the annual gathering of carpet cleaners from the United States and beyond, organized by cleaners for cleaners, is coming up soon: the 11th annual event will be held in Norcross, GA., Oct. 1-3, hosted by Truckmounts & Cleaning Solutions.

Attendees learn about new products and equipment, participate in hands-on demos, share ideas and network with other cleaners. Education and certification from an IICRC Certification class, for a minimal charge, will be offered again this year. Odor Control (OCT) on Thursday Oct 1. This course is being offered for an amazing price, SummerFest special only $89 per student. Hurry limited seating available. This is an IICRC certification class. The fee for certifications test will be an additional $50.00 fee payable (to IICRC) at the time of the exam (test optional).

Tours of a carpet mill and carpet manufacturers' laboratory and a tour of PTL, Professional Testing Lab, are on the schedule for Friday Oct 2.
Friday evening will be the Annual SummerFest Banquet Dinner with door prizes.

Saturday Oct 3 - "Demo Day" The always popular demos of equipment, chems, procedures, the SpotMaster Spot Removal Championship and will also include featured guest speakers, Carey Mitchell (Shaw), Bruce DeLoatch (TCS & The Cleaners Coach), Thomas Cermak (Dries In Minutes) and Paul Pearce (IICRC Chairman) introducing the new IICRC President, Patrick Winters.

SummerFest also provides the chance to relax and socialize with other cleaners, friends both new and old.

There will be carpet cleaners from around the country and at times from overseas. There will be cleaning techs, owner-ops, franchisees, instructors, distributors, manufacturers and more. YOU are invited to SummerFest XI. Hope to see you there. For more info (and current schedule of events) please visit www.GoToSummerFest.com

SF_front.jpg SF_back.jpg

SummerFest is not really about a "time of year".

SummerFest I (1999) was in October as well. (and a few have been in Sept)

Each year the event is in a different city, and the date also varies. Hopefully allowing as many as possible the opportunity to attend.

The SF Committee hears complaints every year, no matter what city or month is chosen .... we do our best to make the event available to as many as possible. Unfortunately not everyone can make it, every year. I know, I try hard and make it to most, but have missed a couple.

Hope to see you there!

C

CONNOISSEUR

to Bruce at TCS
Posted By Gregory Cole on 8/3/2009 at 7:38 PM
Bruce, we both know why I don't like TCS's competitive practices. Considering I used to own a supply shop in Atlanta and sell truckmounts against you- I am well aware of your tactics. What you are doing to Duane is Not illegal- but certainly NOT what I call ethical. Calculated and Ruthless would be good words! While I understand that business is war without bullets- I am surprised you would take such an obvious shot at Duane. Your company has targeted Dwayne on several occasions. Rumor has it: You even recently bought out his old business partner!
Coincidentally - you announce a gathering of cleaners ONE Month after Dwayne decides to hold one- this likely splits his attendance in half. Coincidence or by design? Either way- bad form.

Now I will tell you what I really think about TCS! They by far have the MOST reliable repair shop in Atlanta. They work like dogs to get the equipment fixed fast and have proper staffing to get things done in a hurry. TCS is by bar NOT the cheapest- actually a little higher than most but they are where I refer our contractors when they have to be up and running in a hurry.

Their store-made truckmounts have proven to be VERY reliable and I know several people that run them and love them. Their truckmounts are reasonably priced. I personally don't like propane units, but theirs is excellent.
While I don't agree with your ethics- your company is a powerhouse and I respect what they have accomplished.
Bet you didn't expect that response Bruce?
**HOWEVER- I choose to root for the little guy and hope that those coming to Atlanta attend Duanes

Bruce didnt announce it, I did, on behalf of the SummerFest Committee.

This is the 11th annual SummerFest, no coincidence.

Locations for SummerFest XI were taken at SummerFest X (at the Round Table, same as always) last year in Michigan. *BTW Ruth Travis recommended the Atlanta area, Bruce had nothing to do with it, he was not even in attendance.

Location was chosen from those nominated (after careful consideration by the Committee, again Bruce not involved).

We had planned to announce the location / date at about same time Duane made his announcement but we held off a week or two.

We had no way to know of Duane's plans until he announced them. Atlanta had already been chosen (months earlier) and plans underway for SummerFest XI.

We (The SF Committee) contacted Bruce to ask his assistance with this years SF. He graciously agreed. (Thanks again Bruce & TCS). Sorry about the unwarranted grief you are receiving for your good deed. No good deed goes unpunished you know.

F

FB7777

Hebert and the rest of the buffoons running their mouths should get off the sidelines and chip in or keep quiet

These broke dicks couldn't scrounge up the bus fare to attend let alone coordinate an event. :shock:

Any group that can consistently gather annually across the country for over 10 years has my respect.

As for the accusation by Duane's camp, the biggest threat to any company's success is staring at them in the mirror every morning

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Mr Cole, you said you don't use (sub) contractors about a month ago,either on this board or ics.Yet in this I read that you send your contractors to TCS.
Are you a democrat,since it appears you like to flip/flop?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
fred boyle said:
Hebert and the rest of the buffoons running their mouths should get off the sidelines and chip in or keep quiet
As for the accusation by Duane's camp, the biggest threat to any company's success is staring at them in the mirror every morning

Hey, Fred...

For the record, I had nothing to do with Greg's post. I didn't know of it in any way before he posted it. GReg is a customer of mine, as are several of his sub's. We have a good working relationship. And that's as far as it goes.

I wouldn't make such a post as the one he did. a.) It doesn't accurately reflect my feelings on the matter. and b.) Nothing positive can come of such a public statement.

Although I do appreciate his loyalty and good will sent my way.

I think everyone should go to SummerFest. It has been and will be a fun and educational experience for all who attend.

Same for the Accelerated Gathering at our place the last weekend of August...

F

FB7777

I agree completely Duane, the Duane's camp comment could imply that you orchestrated it, but what I meant was that they are on your side.

You've been around forever, TCS ain't stopping you from succeeding, competition makes guys push themselves to improve. Look within, not who to blame.

The original theme of thread was whiny and possessed a loser mentality

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom