Supporting manufacturers that participate on threads

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
It's Labor Day . . .

We are all working in the same Industry !

Cleaners can provide good feedback to manufacturers and distributors.

Distributors can provide better products to get the job done.

Manufacturers can tailor their products to satisfy the needs of the cleaners.

Better communication will improve the job that everybody does.

If you are going to Connections, as I am,
take advantage of all the knowledge that is assembled there for the asking.

See ya there,
Larry

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Re: Re: Supporting manufacturers that participate on threads

Ken Snow said:
[quote="R LeRoy Parker":2vodlshh]Recently i was talking to the owner of the largest CC company in the Detroit area......
and i asked him why no interaction on the various internet sites.....
he kinna made a face of disdain and gave me a look of utter comtemp.......
perhaps owners of large companys don't WANT their employees socializing with other workers in the same field....

jus saying....

We have emailed but not talked recently Bob, so you may have been talking the owner of a company in Detroit area but definitely not the largest :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/quote:2vodlshh]

Opps sorry Ken......sometimes i go straight to the nerve and forget the novacaine :lol:
to tell you the truth i'm not SURE what makes one company "LARGER" than another......

size of building
number of trucks
number of employees
gross or net

chalk it up to seein' how you hold your mud.....OK?
i was an only child.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol, no worries Bob- I assume it would be us by all measurements but Net is a very nebulous thing. Certainly by the other measurements there is no comparison, just in OP I have 52,000 sq ft and we have 49 company vehicles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Lol, no worries Bob- I assume it would be us by all measurements but Net is a very nebulous thing. Certainly by the other measurements there is no comparison, just in OP I have 52,000 sq ft and we have 49 company vehicles.

ya but......what happens if we factor all franchises...
floor sales and supplies in together.........as well as their new rug plant?

ohh there i go again....sorry!

but seriously what do YOU feel is the key determination on what make a company....large?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
nEbUloUS...."bIg Word"... :shock:

What is "vague-un-clear or ill-difined" ......
Is why it takes 49 trucks to "NET" the profit of 1 of my truck's.... :roll: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

F

FB7777

Mikey P said:
leave my spincky out of this conversation :

sorry Mikey :oops:

Foster was talking in circles about manufacturers and their participation without making a point or taking a definative stance on the issue so one could only surmise he was cuddling up to your dingleberries :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
JB BOOKS said:
[quote="Ken Snow":u46de2n0]Lol, no worries Bob- I assume it would be us by all measurements but Net is a very nebulous thing. Certainly by the other measurements there is no comparison, just in OP I have 52,000 sq ft and we have 49 company vehicles.

but seriously what do YOU feel is the key determination on what make a company....large?[/quote:u46de2n0]

Franchises have nothing to do with it and they are not in Detroit. As for floor/rug sales we will do over 5 miliion in them conbined (down from closer to 10) and in our rug care spa over 32,000 rugs 3.2 million. Hey they are a few very good, very good size companies in metro detroit and I consider all of them friendly competitors so there is not disrespect meant~just clarificaion.

Bob Foster

Whatever Fred...

I stuck my neck out and made my remarks based on my own personal concern for how some people where being treated. Your remark at me you probably thought was funny, in a sixth grade school boy mentality kind of way, but actually its kind of pathetic.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
[quote="JB BOOKS":1cf4zbyy][quote="Ken Snow":1cf4zbyy]Lol, no worries Bob- I assume it would be us by all measurements but Net is a very nebulous thing. Certainly by the other measurements there is no comparison, just in OP I have 52,000 sq ft and we have 49 company vehicles.

but seriously what do YOU feel is the key determination on what make a company....large?[/quote:1cf4zbyy]

Franchises have nothing to do with it and they are not in Detroit. As for floor/rug sales we will do over 5 miliion in them conbined (down from closer to 10) and in our rug care spa over 32,000 rugs 3.2 million. Hey they are a few very good, very good size companies in metro detroit and I consider all of them friendly competitors so there is not disrespect meant~just clarificaion.[/quote:1cf4zbyy]

jebus...i got him going again........ :lol:

F

FB7777

were you the only one that wasn't certain you'd be back on here ?

Seriously Bob, if I anyone ever needs your opinion they just need to ask Mikey.

Those months you spent on world of dropship must have been the loneliest in recent history

pcmn7l.jpg

Bob Foster

I don't know Mike's opinion on this and we've never discussed it. He said also just said he's not saying anything about this. So I think you are off a little Fred. Really Fred, I have good intentions in my remarks. Why cause trouble?

You love the drama too, just like me. Admit it. I'm the subject of the drama for this moment but so what..... I'm so over that crap, because one of the things I did learn in my absence is not to let this place or people like you get to me anymore.

I choose to hang out here because I prefer to.

To quote our porcine friend..... who signed back on here last week... IDGAS

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes :mrgreen:

I am NOT going to comment on how I keep the advertisers here happy :idea:

I just got back from the Easterns, why Bob started this thread, I have no idea. :?:

Did a advertiser get tag teamed while I was away?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I'll name a supplier or advertiser on here.

Judson.

For a story that will never be told, they have gone to exterme lengths in customer service without a wink.

People should use the advertisers on this board.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Did a advertiser get tag teamed while I was away?

I wouldn't cal it "tag team" gang thumpin'
One or two peeps were Mightee unhappy with a product is all

Bob was playing the board diplomat without mentioning the name of the supplier that was getting Mightee ass wuppin'
a couple others came out and mentioned Mightee small issues they were having

but it was balanced with other posters that were Mightee happy too

..l.T.A.

Bob Foster

People can make their own reflections on my remarks. As Fred called it, my "talking in circles" was intentional by deliberately avoiding the mention any particular company . What I said applies to all of them that come here. And like I stated on an earlier post some of them occasionally do deserve an ass kicking.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks meAT..

If'n I were a advertiser on this here board I would make damn. Sure my production crew knew the difference between right and left handed screw drivers and my RnD team consisted of more than the night janitor and my third cousin Ronco Popeel.

Oh and Fred, lay off Bob, I do believe that more then once your cootch went crying over to WODS when it got hot and humid over here.. :mrgreen:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Speaking as a CEO from a “manufacturing” company, posting on the boards is a tricky business. There are many who don’t want to feel sold to and some that think that when we participate we are doing it solely for “sales” reasons.

Ultimately, that’s true.

We (ServiceMonster) see it as another voice from the industry. We pay attention but only participate when it is appropriate and we know we have something of value to offer.

I understand why many don’t allow employees to make posts, as a general rule it we have that same policy here. But I agree; ignoring this resource, as an industry service provider, is self defeating.

F

FB7777

Bob Foster said:
pfred said:

Hey, even I had to laugh at that Fred. It brought me back to a certain moment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its been boring as hell around here without us bitching at each other

maybe after Connections , Jimmy can come back and play

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom