Surfaces

jake.hdm

Name
Jake ness
Has anyone been to surfaces? Is it worth going for a cleaner?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It is such a huge show that a number of vendors within the cleaning an restoration industry will be there. Often it is vendors you don't otherwise see. That in itself makes it worthwhile. All the other stuff is valuable education, vising with the mills, seeing all the installation hardware, flooring types, etc. Definitely go if you have the opportunity. You will learn quite a bit that you will find applicable to make yourself more competent and interested in cleaning.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
If you are interested in flooring its a great show, like Shawn said it's HUGE!! The year I went it was spread over 2 floors of the convention center. Lots of reps willing to talk and explain their products, carpet, wood, ceramic, stone, resilient tile. Highly recommended.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I benefited from seeing new styles of carpet and flooring that were being released. Made contacts with manufacturers that later were valuable. I went because I was also a flooring inspector but the cleaning side of the business got benefits as well.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's still big, but quite a bit smaller and more manageable than it used to be. They've set vendors up in sections now, so all the tool vendors are in one area, all the financial services in another... so you don't have to cross the entire floor to compare products and services. Like all big Vegas properties, you can walk a mile to get from place to place in the building.

The biggest reason I've attended is to talk directly with people involved at the mill level. They will often tell you things face-to-face that they would never put in print or tell you over the phone. You can get honest feedback from the owners of large flooring retailers about what products are giving them (and eventually you) customer service fits.

I was happy to find that the program is vetted to screen out the obnoxious sales pitch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom