Swapped meAts.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not another soy thread.

Got my snow tires put on today.

No charge as I now have them on their own rims. Ditched those uglyarse ********* hubcaps.

What are the odds that I'll get one comment about my steel wheels all winter?

I went to the hardware store to grab some brass and an.old heavyset guy come rolling in in his late model Benz sedan, totally unaware that hes driving on a flat.
I bet his little Yorkie could tell.
He thanked me for being neighborly but the line out the door at tire world is going to ruin his day...

What are you goobers doing today?

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not another soy thread.

Got my snow tires put on today.

No charge as I now have them on their own rims. Ditched those uglyarse ********* hubcaps.

What are the odds that I'll get one comment about my steel wheels all winter?

I went to the hardware store to grab some brass and an.old heavyset guy come rolling in in his late model Benz sedan, totally unaware that hes driving on a flat.
I bet his little Yorkie could tell.
He thanked me for being neighborly but the line out the door at tire world is going to ruin his day...

What are you goobers doing today?

View attachment 86537
Since I had my truck apart anyway to unstick the blower, I changed the pump oil and belt, cleaned it up a little. Ran some seafoam lube through the blower and it's now back to normal. Now I can go and deliver some rugs. Still raining.

Name
Matt Ross
Waiting for my new tile spinner to show up in a fed ex truck to go do some carpet and tile at one of my janitorial jobs. These holiday weekends are the time for us janitors to get work done. Better than working all night on a normal weekend.
You can go ahead and mock me, I ordered a mytee spinner. Since there isn't a ton of tile in my area I figured I'd try it for awhile.

Name
Swani
Sitting in the hotel drinking coffee anxiously waiting to get called to take my train home. I was hoping to be home by now, I've got a few moveouts to do for a property manager. Looks like I'll be cleaning carpets tonight burning the midnight oil.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Swani
Waiting for my new tile spinner to show up in a fed ex truck to go do some carpet and tile at one of my janitorial jobs. These holiday weekends are the time for us janitors to get work done. Better than working all night on a normal weekend.
You can go ahead and mock me, I ordered a mytee spinner. Since there isn't a ton of tile in my area I figured I'd try it for awhile.
I use a mytee. I like it, but I don't know any different because it's the only thing I've used.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
three guys wanted to work today (They get Friday off but only get paid for Thursday)

I had nothing planed or pressing...an kinda bored
so I ran out to the job site to keep 'em honest

.L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I worked in the rain today. It sucked. Now I’m home debating on wether or not to set up the Christmas Tree 🎄 for the wife unit. I may put on my new Screaming Eagle 🦅 exhaust instead. A true Christmas miracle.

steve_64

Cleaned some hallways I didn't get done Wednesday.

Got moms washer and dryer hooked up and working.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We had our tires rotated and balanced yesterday also.

It was super busy also

It took two hours to get to the two vans

Three hours for the one Dodge truck to get an update done today.

Basically ran around all day having maintenance work done.

The 2015 GMC needed heater core flushed again... Third time. Should be a warranty issue.... BUT... We don't get warranty... Or service at our local GM dealership.

Had to see the brother in law Gus to take care of it. Might drive it 1.5 hours soon and have a real dealership warranty and replace it soon.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Had a big job postpone Wednesday afternoon, but that turned out a blessing.

Wednesday evening the Chevy van started to overheat, was losing coolant. I suspected the pump was loose, as that happens with cds and shaft drive units because of the extra spacer on the fan clutch. I have to check to keep the bolts tight.

Turned out the bolts WERE tight, the cast iron water pump just broke into 3 pieces and gushed, dumping the belt as she blew.

Put a new pump on Thursday morning, ready to go to work. I'm going to get a lighter fan assembly to reduce the overhanging weight and stress.

It's always something. Glad it didn't happen in a customer's driveway during a job.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
07D543E8-1612-423C-849A-974FFEBDC8C0.jpeg
7C61159F-5C46-4349-A62F-C1643C0A24DC.jpeg
793A81D9-7A74-499F-B495-51BD39C26757.jpeg
Spent a few hours stripping, cleaning and repairing the electrostatic sprayer. Those ULV sprayers have a strong electric blower which fills the housing with air. The only outlet is through three stationary turbine blades, which spin and draught and atomize chemical by venturi effect.
Because some chinese dipshit didn’t take two seconds to seal the nozzles to the casing, any drips ran back into the housing to be blown around the electic motor.

Then there were rather big stress cracks in the casing where the screws hold a back plate on. I tried a hot air plastic welder with no luck (only damage) and finally opted for my home made tool, a soldering iron with the top flattened. Heat welded the cracks, cleaned out the casing, put a spot of oil on the bearings, reassembled and finally, buttered around the nozzles with some form-a-gasket. Runs like a Swiss watch with a hickey-sized booboo on its’ ass.

But the little cuss would be $750 to replace and I don’t mind a beauty mark or two on this pint sized money maker.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom