switching from business cards to magnets

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am gonna sstart passing out magnets of my biz card rather than a card. I have had lots of custys say they lost a card . Plus everyone I give a magnet to seems much happier getting a magnet rather than another business card. I am in the process of mailing out some commercial sales letters with a flyer and a magnet. Im sure the letter and flyer will go in the trash and a biz card would go in the trash also but I think a magnet is usefull enough for the person being solicited to hold on too. .... hope it works. it has done well with my residential custys.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I started with those magnets that you stick your card to.. you can get them at office max for like 100 magnets for $20.00, they really worked well. I have the van ones now and I think I spent around .50 per.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Magnets are the number one way that my customers get back in touch with me. We put one on the fridge of every job. Or filing cabinet of commercial.

If they didn't have it they still might get a hold of us but the magnets are convenient.

I change it a little from my card.
The magnet reads "get your carpets cleaned every 6 months"
I take off my personal name and make the numbers a little bigger and the website bigger.
Stands out in the kitchen and it keeps us on their minds.

I got 1000 of them for under $300.00
One of my better ROIs

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SS appliances don't allow your magnets to stick. :x

At home we have all the shit that use to be stuck on the fridge, stuck to the dishwasher. It's kind of a pain, since the dishwasher is out of the way and down low.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rctpks said:
SS appliances don't allow your magnets to stick. :x

At home we have all the shit that use to be stuck on the fridge, stuck to the dishwasher. It's kind of a pain, since the dishwasher is out of the way and down low.

Magnet goes on the side of those.
I thought I learned you better than that chavez.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Magnets are great, but is sound like you guys are paing too much. For Basic Business card size custom magnets you should be paying $.10 to $.15. I think Vistaprint charges $.12 each for 1000. Check out all the custom options and prices from this place http://www.magnaplus.com/

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rctpks said:
Side?

What you talking about Willis?

There are 4 sides to the fridge. 2 of which will hold a magnet unless you count the top I suppose.
Try it, you will like it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So the other panels are not SS? :?

Doesn't help much at home, our fridge is inset in the cabinets. :(

I'll have to check if I can get my hand in there with a magnet.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I used to make sport of stealing other cleaning companies magnets whenever I found them in a home or business. I had a collection that covered my refrigerator at one point.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Biggest challenge with some of these printed magnets is that they won't hold much but themselves to the fridge, really weak ass magnets. The stick on magnets are thicker and stronger, might not look quite as nice but at least they'll stay where I stick em.

G

You can order from MagnetsUSA.com

I bought 1000 full color business card size magnets for $113 plus a $18 set up charge

Magnets is one of the keys that my repeat business last month was 74%

Now, not eveyone likes fridge magnets but leave them one any ways, it only cost you .13 each!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm not going to put a Hagopian magnet on my customer's refrigerator.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian Robison said:
I got 1000 of them for under $300.00
One of my better ROIs

Where did you get them from? I think it cost 450.00 for 1,000 of the van shaped magnets...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I got them from my local printer...Sir Speedy

Great quality and they stick where I put them.

I dont want to give out flimsy magnets so I paid a little more.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For those who don't know...

You don't hand the magnent to the custy.

You walk your lazy ass over to the fridge and put it on your damn self.

If they don't want it on there that bad...they will take it off.
Never had a problem doing it this way.

And yes, this is an old Chem-Dry practice.

Here is a simple little tip for you. Put the words "business card magnet" at the top or anywhere on your card. I can't tell you how many times I have handed someone a magnet and they never realize it is a magnet unless I say "that is a magnet you are holding." They reply "it sure is."

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the key to a good magnet is to make one that is helpful and keeps your name out front...not just slapped on the side buried under all the kids school papers.......steal this one and the client may hunt you down.....

IMG_3651.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've gone back and forthe on the weights and measures thing.
My realtor does that.
Usually if someone has magnets on their fridge, they already have some company's magnet with that info on it...or a calender (which I think is stupid unless you send one to everyone once a year)
So I think just the clean looking business size magnet works better because it doesn't look as cluttered.

But it's still a good idea...maybe do both depending on which works better in the home?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom