T & G demo's....

-JB-

Name
JB
How do you do it?

I Usta... pre-pray w/the pump-up, let er set, hook up the sx12 and go.... PITA!

And I HATE leaving a/one clean spot, just rude IMO.

as per Steve Aleric, from Grout Perfect at MF (and yeah, I dunno why I didn't think a this) ...

put a lil pre-treat in a small-ish, flip-top bottle, lay a bead on the soiled grout line agitate w/small-ish grout brush, towel up, quick-n-easy, that's what I like. Makes the idea of doing a T&G demo, non-threatening, oh, and you can do your Grout perfect demo right afterword, on the same line.... nice.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't demo it, people just seem to trust me that it works. i did clean a laundry room to show how much grout stain was going to come out .

gene

-JB-

Name
JB
Never pull out the spinner for a demo unless I'm already in the house cleaning . I have a small spray bottle and a towel

Yeah. like I said, I dunno what i been thinkin, well actually I do, back in like '01 when I took my first T & G class that's how the demo was suggested, w/the sx12, stupid is as stupid does I guess!

Steve Manier

I tried the brush and spray bottle quick demo on a job and the customer thought it looked so easy, he ended up doing the job himself. Now I bring in the "big guns" (Turbo and TM) every time. Also, never tell them what chemical your using. These mistakes cost me about 2k on this job.

Steve

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive done a few demos where I poured some oxy this or that down and hit it with a brush and bam!

perfect.

The savey home owner thought to them self, shit, why didn't I think of that...

and I never saw them again..

Bringing the SX in will keep it a mystery but like you said, it's a pita.

Do as I do know and get them to sit Indian style on the floor, close their eyes, touch their thumbs to their pinkies and say oooooooooommmmm as you help them visualize perfectly clean grout.

Spurling

Just about 75% or so of my T&G demos , the customer never realized how dirty their tile was .. not just their grout .. Ive stunned myself a few times .. especially the tile with pits and grooves .. so I always bring a spinner .. either the SX-7 or SX-12 .. when you make a difference in the tile, they know you have what it takes which they cannot do themselves .. So pull it out ..

CleanEvo

I bring the spinner in to show them the fancy tool, but leave it at that. My work is guaranteed, if they're not happy, they don't have to pay me... I've never had a problem. Seems like even when I'm not 100% satisfied, the customers usually are. I do pre-qualify them by letting them know that not all jobs turn out perfect, there are pre-existing factors that determine my success rate.

-JB-

Name
JB
once again, sounds like many are putting waaay too much emphasis on their "tool" and not enough on the service end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom