T.M. Machines gas use per hr. ???

G

I want to write off my gas use on my MAXX 470 Hydramaster,
what do you think the average gas use per hour is at operating speed?

1 GAL. ??
2 GAL. ??

Thanks for any input! AL

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Hydrmaster is actually one of the few TM manufacturers that actually publishes a fuel usage "certification" that can be used as prima fascia documentation for tax purposes. The document lists all the differing models and their associated fuel usage to within a tenth of a gallon per hour.

Check with your HM Distributor for a copy. Or I can email you a copy, if you remind me tomorrow by email or PM.

Glynn

My Maxx470 uses :
speed 1 = 0.8 gph
speed 2
= 1.0 gph
speed 3 = 1.2(ish) gph.

Bear in mind these are UK imp gallons ei 8 pints per gall.

Greenie

...which is about 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons. This definition is used in the United Kingdom, and is based on the volume of 10 pounds of water at 62 °F. (A U.S. liquid gallon weighs about 8.33 pounds at the same temperature.)

The Imperial fluid ounce is defined as 1/160 of an Imperial gallon. The Imperial gallon is no longer legal, in the UK, for trade or public administration purposes, but it is used colloquially (and in advertising) for fuel consumption figures in miles per gallon.

The Imperial gallon continues to be used as a unit of measure for fuel in various countries (for example, United Arab Emirates and Sierra Leone).

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I combine both of mine together and I have to fill 2 separate tanks. I do keep track of the propane though.

Name
Jesse
By separating the fuel usage you can avoid some of the taxes that are included it the purchase price of a gallon. It adds up.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you can write off all the fuel but in addition you can deduct the gas taxes by adding up the amount of hours the machine ran since it wasn't driven on the road

example:

100 hours on slide in
.48 taxes paid per gallon of gas
1.1 gallons of fuel burned per hour

I believe this would add up to an additional $52.8 deduction off your federal taxes

Back
Top Bottom