Tack or blocking floor

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Here is an example of a tack floor I made it measures 12 x 16. I built this in sections, If I ever move I will take it with me by loosening brackets. Anyway I see alot of people asking about this subject and wanted to post a picture.
P1020059.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I use this to block rugs. I use it to block needle points as I clean and Stark rugs or any material that consist of jute or sisal as well. Or any material that is out of shape. On orientals I try to leave it in it form. It is not always good to block rugs that are crooked during weaving. It is a characteristic.

John Watson

Back in Alaska, I made a 10 x12 Tack down floor for some rugs I had to re-size and had it available to secure rugs I thought I might have a problem with. Used it 10-12 times in 7 years.

Within my mini plant 24x28 I have 10 12'poles (2x6's reinforced with a 2 1/2x 2 1/2 x 1/8 black angle iron) that are lifted by an electric hoist, The super structure is overbuilt with 6x6 posts lag bolted together with 2x12 planks. The winch cables are all on one side. the opposite side I have made plans to build a 10x 13 tack off floor that I can lift on a hinge and fit between the 6x6's to be out of the way when not in use or needed.

What has stopped me from doing it so far is I have had very little call for this service and thus far I am very fortunate, any problem rugs I encounter I now send to my repair department, DA Burns in Seattle.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
John as you said once again this is another added income to make money on. Yes it is another added income. Squaring and blocking as we like to call it. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom