Take a look again wwwchavezrestoration.com

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Looks good, damn it. :clap:

I thought the pics were moving too quick.............. until I let my cursor stay on each pic for a while.:redface:

One thing always gets me though when I see different c.c's, most seem to park nose-in to the kerb.

Does it not make sense to reverse in?

It makes it easier and safer to unload any gear straight onto the footpath instead of onto the road.

It's less distance to carry equipment, (then faster, more profit for you :lol:).

It's safer and easier than reversing out into oncoming traffic.

Just an observation that I've seen with probably 90% of all drivers over the years, not having a dig at your blokes Richard.

:very_drunk:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks Great!, like the dans blog box.

Add a facebook/twitter links even if you dont use them. They help with seo apparently and who knows maybe someone might click on it.
Unless i missed them.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Looks Great. Clean, elegant, simple to navigate and straight to the point.

IMHO - use a larger font for the copy (which is short and sweet, LOVE IT!) and to identify the clickable pic - links. The blue on blue letters do not pop and I had to reach for my specs to read them.

Maybe a pic in the scroll of your team working on a normal human size house as well. Starter castle pics are sweet but I do not think I can afford you.

Bigger phone numbers, and put your phone numbers at the bottom of the page by the business hours

Does it not make sense to reverse in? :very_drunk:

Shorty you forgot - Always back in to be ready for a quick escape!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Richard, good work, the site is nice and clean.

Here are a few of my gripes:
1) Too much real estate devoted to pictures of your techs doing this job or another, while one has to scroll down (I know it depends on screen resolution setting) to get to: "WHY CHOOSE US."

"Why choose us" should be at the very front and visible.

2) Home page has too many things going at the same time. A little too busy for me. Simple, clean and uncluttered trumps imho anything else.

3) Too much US (our company, Chavez Restoration etc.) in the text and not enough YOU (as in the client.)
It's about what the client gets.

Keep the good work.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Really? I'm the only one that thinks its sucks?

Those pics on the slider are FAAARRR to big.
The background makes it looks like ****.....same with the service background images.
The navbar need to be a different color, narrower, and not use images for the buttons....or maybe just that last part

Use the color scheme to highlight...change to a white background with some smart borders, drop the service background images and go with borders and drop shadows, same with the sidebar icons, nav as mentioned above, and make that monstrous slider smaller

Brighten the logo...

needs margin between the nav and slider....slider could use styling border/shadow

nee to see more of it at once...most of that is image size though

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
to kind of show what I'm talking about...took the background out and dropped the service backgrounds with firebug.

can't really add in the elements I mentioned or change the slider size though.........

chavez_zpsde0eb568.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...Richard did you have your peeps block me...won't even load now:lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thank you guys! We will work on the suggestions.

3-deleted Fred? PM me who was leaving nasty posts....so I can fook them up! :razz:
It was Greg wasn't it. :lol:

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hell NO.
Phone number always needs to be very visible without a need to scroll down to it.

My suggestion was for the phone number to be at the bottom of the page as well as the top of the page.

The fine photo scroll took up my entire screen, as did the link photo section. I had to scroll back up to find a phone number.

FredC

Village Idiot
Thank you guys! We will work on the suggestions.

3-deleted Fred? PM me who was leaving nasty posts....so I can fook them up! :razz:
It was Greg wasn't it. :lol:

It was me. :redface:

I'll undelete them....I thought you could read them as a mod....guess you have to be "super"

FredC

Village Idiot
I posted that because someone (actually a couple people) mentioned to me on the phone that they wish they would have received more honest/critical feedback when they posted their site for review on the boards........instead they got a bunch of "that looks great"

after reading my post though it seemed a bit harsh...and I was to tired to edit.....delete was easier

and of course opinions are like assholes....but that is mine

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know you're rough but you're at a much higher level than most of us normal humans.

We listen to your suggestions but as you know Dan does what he wants and I just tired of arguing with him! :p

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Gee Doc, that looks great!

No, what Fred said. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No really, outside of some pretty work that can come later, my only suggestion would be to rename the "customer reviews" button "why choose us" and have both in the drop down from that button. Or, move the testimonials to the lower button. I agree with Ofer that WHY CHOOSE US is more compelling and headline worthy.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Do customers even read anything on our websites?

I think they make a 3 second decision, yeah this looks professional looking, i will call them.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You'd be surprised.
Some do and some don't.
Some, like Fred, reach quick emotional decisions and some do research and read everything.
If you can appeal to both, you're doing something right!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do customers even read anything on our websites?

I think they make a 3 second decision, yeah this looks professional looking, i will call them.
We've discussed that many times and what we decided even though it was contrary to what Fred suggested is we wanted to build the SiteZilla for those that want to spend the time there.
We still have a several more pages and photo's and "We're in the news" , online newsletter, lots of stuff but for the most part this is it.

Fred I wanted white as the background but was out voted by Dan and my other brother David whose first statement was "Just as long as it's not white". :cry:

Oz it's basically the same one I sent you a PM about two years ago, we move slow.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well..... considering the well being of the business and their seditious act, can you have your brothers arrested? :icon_razz:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Richard,

I like your site. Actually looking it over just puts me more at awe with you and your company! From when I was able to quickly look over it at first from the phone I see the Gormans logo is now not visible and I think that was a good move. I have to agree that Fred even though he may come across harsh, he knows his sheeeet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom