Talk to me about vans and snow and ice

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I feel the same way about people who live in active earthquake areas!!!
Earth quake are nothing Brian. It's like going to Six Flags. Short, exciting and usually harmless.
Unless of course one spends it in a high rise or something silly like that. And since I don't service downtown anymore, I am good.
Hopefully.

Spending six months, voluntarily in the freezer, in my not so learned opinion, is NUTS.
Suicidal? Crazy? UNHINGED? Which is what will happen to me had I spent the winter in the freezer. I mean, just look at what happened to Poor Richard C. :winky:

Touche! Offer take that! :winky:
Now take that Fooooooooooooooooooooe..........r.

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I feel the same way about people who live in active earthquake areas!!!

I was most feared for my life when I saw 2 tornadoes maybe a few miles away from me in Kansas. Ah..ok the Earthquake of '89 was scary too. But that was a long time ago.

I grew up in Colorado and loved the Snow because I Skied back then. But Hats Off to you Winter CC guys. I enjoy it when a customer cancels just because of the rain.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Spending six months, voluntarily in the freezer, in my not so learned opinion, is NUTS.
Suicidal? Crazy? UNHINGED?

Ofer, I agree 100%!

I'll be honest, a normal winter in Chicago is not SO bad. It sucks don't get me wrong, being a carpet cleaner makes it really suck. If I sat in an office, no big deal at all.

However, the last few years have been just a completely different level. Very extreme, I don't ever remember as a kid it being -25... Below actual zero for an entire month is nuts...

I'll take the earthquakes, no water, huge taxes, wild fires and weirdo's any day!:smile:

Reactions: ruff

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ofer, I agree 100%!

I'll be honest, a normal winter in Chicago is not SO bad. It sucks don't get me wrong, being a carpet cleaner makes it really suck. If I sat in an office, no big deal at all.

However, the last few years have been just a completely different level. Very extreme, I don't ever remember as a kid it being -25... Below actual zero for an entire month is nuts...

I'll take the earthquakes, no water, huge taxes, wild fires and weirdo's any day!:smile:

Did I Mention new Studio apartments asking for $3500/month in SF!? I cant wait for the housing market to collapse on These Greedy "Mothers!"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was most feared for my life when I saw 2 tornadoes maybe a few miles away from me in Kansas. Ah..ok the Earthquake of '89 was scary too. But that was a long time ago.

I grew up in Colorado and loved the Snow because I Skied back then. But Hats Off to you Winter CC guys. I enjoy it when a customer cancels just because of the rain.
Tornados won't hurt you.. hell no. Its the debris that kicks your ass. ;)

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Nate W.
My pops drove us back from Vegas to San Diego and it was snowing.... Had 6 car accidents involving 4-7 cars each..... I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose to live/drive through places like that.... I was just shitting bricks in the back seat...

I could teach you a thing or 2 on puddle chasing though...... Yes, I'm that jackass that will spray pedestrians when they walk passed a puddle.....
troll+face1.png

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My pops drove us back from Vegas to San Diego and it was snowing.... Had 6 car accidents involving 4-7 cars each..... I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose to live/drive through places like that.... I was just shitting bricks in the back seat...

Highly doubtful anyone in Vegas or San Diego have any clue how to drive on snow...

Kinda like when it snows an inch in North Carolina(wherever) and the whole state shuts down...

jcooper said: ↑
Ofer, I agree 100%!
I'll take the earthquakes- Check,
no water- Check,
huge taxes- Check,
wild fires- Check,
and weirdo's any day!- Mikey moved

Loooooooool!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Good thing in Gville the snow on the valley floor melts in about a days time. Just cancel all the jobs and move them til the next day. :)

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A little cringing builds character

Yea, but you have already built your character!

Sooo, why the possible switch? Cost of new tm? Less water use w/porty? Going part time? No van?

You planing on having a helper?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Buying a TM for $75-125K is a major commitment, and you really need a substantial customer base to support it. For a few thousand bucks, Mike can do any work he finds in his new location with his existing vehicles.

Mikey P

Administrator
Buying a TM for $75-125K is a major commitment, and you really need a substantial customer base to support it. For a few thousand bucks, Mike can do any work he finds in his new location with his existing vehicles.

Art is a smart dude.

But I'll need a van..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike was hoping to get a great deal on Marty's old mobile cleaning wreck.
Small problem is: He has to wait till Marty finally makes his long awaited decision about what's the world's absolutely perfect cleaning rig.
Reminds you of:

Man: "God, how long is a million years?"
God: "To me, it's about a minute."
Man: "God, how much is a million dollars?"
God: "To me it's a penny."
Man: "God, may I have a penny?"
God: "Sure. Just wait a minute."

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tire chains??
are you driving over mountain passes with a ft of snow on the highway??
That might be different ...but "normal" stuff shouldn't hamper you

Black ice (ice in general) is the most dangerous ...regardless of what wheel drive.
Heavy/wet slush can be a PITA too cause it can toss a vehicle around at hiway speeds

Snow's not all that big a deal though.
allow more distance to stop, don't make any erratic/fast moves

as far as getting stuck...it's not like you'll be "off roading" .
Most folks here shovel, snowblow or plow their drives ....so it's not like you'll need to push thru a ft of snow

the worst situation we encounter are empty houses where the drive may not of been plowed .
if drive is flat, we'll pull in and out of drives that have 6-8" of snow on them

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom