Talked to Cole Today..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Naw, he doesn't need to apologize to me. What he said would be a logical assumption if you didn't know me very well. I've got tougher skin than most of you.

Here's how I see it:

Is Mr. Cole's business model good for the industry?
NO.

Is Mr. Cole's business model good for his competition with a business model more like what has been expressed here?
Hell yes!

Does his business model make money?
Yes, plenty of money.

Is his business model ethical?
That will depend on where on the grey scale your "ethical point" lies. Personally, it is outside of mine.

I like Greg though, because he is open to discussing his business model and standing up for what HE believes in, even if it is an unpopular view. He will openly give you the reasons why he feels he is operating within ethical and legal practices and discuss his business model.

Certainly, like Mikey, I'd love to have a frank and open discussion with his top two subs....and his bottom two as well. I think a lot happens (or doesn't happen) on the job that Greg is unaware of, or chooses to overlook. As long as his re-do rate stays under a certain percentage, he's happy to let them do their thing.

Just like when we have religious or political debates, I can disagree with Mr. Cole and not get angry or personally upset with him. Through these debates I think I understand his business model better, his motivations and his goals and the same can be said for him to me. Do we agree? No. I either of us going to "convert"? No. But there is no personal animosity whatsoever.

being new to the forums, Mr. Cole was unaware of our industry slang "chimps" being a term for employees/helpers, often used to even describe oneself when previously working for another. I think he understands now it is not in any way a racial term. But I can see how he would have taken it that way if he had not picked up on the meaning of that term in the industry yet, coupled with the references to sharecropping, which was intended to poke fun at the way Mr. Cole structured his business and contractors, and the area he does business, I can see how he could have taken it as a racial thing instead of what it was meant, as a jab at his practice of handling sub-contractors.

Mikey has never been one to handle anyone with kid gloves, no matter who they are, so don't feel picked on Greg. You DO fit in well here. We enjoy your perspective on things, even if we agree to disagree....and the blow-up was awesome.

NOW....can we have some of your subs on please? :twisted:

Take care,
Lisa

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
the big goof jus can't hep it......it's his MOST endearing quality!

you shoulda been here when I was pricing tickets to cali......

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
Naw, he doesn't need to apologize to me. What he said would be a logical assumption if you didn't know me very well. I've got tougher skin than most of you.

Here's how I see it:

Is Mr. Cole's business model good for the industry?
NO.

Is Mr. Cole's business model good for his competition with a business model more like what has been expressed here?
Hell yes!

Does his business model make money?
Yes, plenty of money.

Is his business model ethical?
That will depend on where on the grey scale your "ethical point" lies. Personally, it is outside of mine.

I like Greg though, because he is open to discussing his business model and standing up for what HE believes in, even if it is an unpopular view. He will openly give you the reasons why he feels he is operating within ethical and legal practices and discuss his business model.

Certainly, like Mikey, I'd love to have a frank and open discussion with his top two subs....and his bottom two as well. I think a lot happens (or doesn't happen) on the job that Greg is unaware of, or chooses to overlook. As long as his re-do rate stays under a certain percentage, he's happy to let them do their thing.

Just like when we have religious or political debates, I can disagree with Mr. Cole and not get angry or personally upset with him. Through these debates I think I understand his business model better, his motivations and his goals and the same can be said for him to me. Do we agree? No. I either of us going to "convert"? No. But there is no personal animosity whatsoever.

being new to the forums, Mr. Cole was unaware of our industry slang "chimps" being a term for employees/helpers, often used to even describe oneself when previously working for another. I think he understands now it is not in any way a racial term. But I can see how he would have taken it that way if he had not picked up on the meaning of that term in the industry yet, coupled with the references to sharecropping, which was intended to poke fun at the way Mr. Cole structured his business and contractors, and the area he does business, I can see how he could have taken it as a racial thing instead of what it was meant, as a jab at his practice of handling sub-contractors.

Mikey has never been one to handle anyone with kid gloves, no matter who they are, so don't feel picked on Greg. You DO fit in well here. We enjoy your perspective on things, even if we agree to disagree....and the blow-up was awesome.

NOW....can we have some of your subs on please? :twisted:

Take care,
Lisa
Well said Lisa, we definetly have agreed to disagree.! And yes- I thought the chimp comments to be racial. Mikey explained over the phone that it was not. I still think the term is in poor taste, but appears to not be a racial slur.
And for the record- if I offended you Lisa (and I'm not sure How I would have ) I apologize.

And also for the record: NO - I'm not going to allow you to screw with the heads of the people that put food on the table for my family.

-As i've said before: The only fools my mother raised are my sisters! ( One married a carpet cleaner- the other married a starving artisit)

Mikey P

Administrator
We'll just have to wait for them to go on their own then.

I'm sure they find this board when they google up non compete clause carpet cleaning business Atalanta

just f'n with ya Greg.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:

I'm sure they find this board when they google up non compete clause carpet cleaning business Atalanta

just f'n with ya Greg.
Don't make me give a donation to Tre Allen! shiteatinggrin lol

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
gregcole said:
Mikey P said:

just f'n with ya Greg.
Don't make me give a donation to Tre Allen! shiteatinggrin lol
the only thing that tre needs..
is real adams apple! :lol:

Ryan

Can you post it mikey? I thought I had it figured out but I can't get it to work either

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
greg, maybe your lawyers can assist you with posting the pic u fookin' chimp leadin' HACK!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
royalkid said:
greg, maybe your lawyers can assist you with posting the pic u fookin' chimp leadin' HACK!
Lol, believe me: Mikey would pay for his one; maybe I should get the lawyers involves: it's worth about 2 cents but by the lawyers got done I'm sure it would be something like $439.
Now go suck some rugs you hack: what do you run? A baneClean?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
gregcole said:
royalkid said:
Lol, believe me: Mikey would pay for his one; maybe I should get the lawyers involves: it's worth about 2 cents but by the lawyers got done I'm sure it would be something like $439.
Now go suck some rugs you hack: what do you run? A baneClean?
NOW he's catchin' on........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
truckmount girl said:

egg-zaccally

and that's why he BELONGS on the Worlds Greatest No BS Call'em as You See'em Damn the Torpedoes Carpet Cleaning Forum

...L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
truckmount girl said:

egg-zaccally

and that's why he BELONGS on the Worlds Greatest No BS Call'em as You See'em Damn the Torpedoes Carpet Cleaning Forum

...L.T.A.
YA BUT.....how high can he piss up a wall?

100_0188.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom