Tarps, paper or what kind of runners?

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
What are the best products to protect wood and stone floors? I was thinking of
using durahold pad runners to protect the floor. Not only against hot hoses but also against
water techs and their equipment. Is there a better product out there? or less expensive?
Thank You all for your response.
Luis

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
PM me or I'll forget, you can cut and paste my response it in this post for others tomorrow.

I'll send you the name of a manufacturer who sells 2 grades of floor protector on rolls in different widths, super good product, fair price. I'll also give you the Xactimate line item and pricing for it so you can get paid to lay in on water losses.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Luis Gomez said:
using durahold pad runners to protect the floor. Not only against hot hoses but also against
water techs and their equipment. Is there a better product out there? or less expensive?
Luis

a lot of guys use moving blankets, I hear.
They're not long enough for my tastes

we use 4' X 15' and 4' x 24' canvass drop cloth runners .
Top quality ones (10 and 12wt, one piece seamless, finished edges ) can be found at Sherwin Williams.
Some of the cheaper ones at HD, Lowes, etc, will be lighter wt canvass and some are sewn pieces

The 4x24 are the perfect size to cover a flite of wood treaded stairs

I think they're about $15 ea

..L.T.A.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Its Tuf-guard, they have two grades.

www.tuf-guard.com they will send you samples upon request.

The line item I charge this under is WTRMASKFPB Floor Protection - drop cloth - skid resistant - breathable 0.87 /sq ft

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes. Moving blankets.
They Also work well in wrapping the hose on weird cOrners that corner guards don't work so well on. Or tricky stairways.

Your actions in protecting the clients home do not go unnoticed!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Do you guys that use moving blankets find it hard to keep them from developing mildew or even mold?

I like the idea of using them, but obviously they will get wet and then get folded up and put in the van. Is that a problem?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I was afraid that was the answer. :x The last thing I want to at the end of the day is more work at home!

I don't really like any of the other options on this thread. Has anyone tried moving blankets and gone to something better?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
mine need washing every now and then, as for the drying, lots of heat in the truck to dry them out.
I like them because of their thickness, but they are awkward and hard to carry more than 5, get too bulky in the truck. I'd like to get that thin foam material I saw at Connections, 4ft wide and have a couple lengths long enough to be put on a staircase.

Connor

Name
Connor
Becker said:
Yes. Moving blankets.
They Also work well in wrapping the hose on weird cOrners that corner guards don't work so well on. Or tricky stairways.

Your actions in protecting the clients home do not go unnoticed!!

cornOr!

Walt

meAt said:
Luis Gomez said:
Luis

a lot of guys use moving blankets, I hear.
They're not long enough for my tastes

we use 4' X 15' and 4' x 24' canvass drop cloth runners .
Top quality ones (10 and 12wt, one piece seamless, finished edges ) can be found at Sherwin Williams.
Some of the cheaper ones at HD, Lowes, etc, will be lighter wt canvass and some are sewn pieces

The 4x24 are the perfect size to cover a flite of wood treaded stairs

I think they're about $15 ea

..L.T.A.

This may sound dumb, but how do you keep the tarp from slipping down the stairs? Are they rubber backed?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said:
This may sound dumb, but how do you keep the tarp from slipping down the stairs? Are they rubber backed?

12 or 10 wt cotton canvas runners ..not "tarps"
(they're washable too)

Not rubber backed (not the runners we use anyway) we do have a 9 x 12 on the truck that's butyl rubber coated for when we do upl in a room we're not cleaning (or hard surface)

the 24ft'r covers a complete flite of stairs, Walt .
Start at the top and push the cloth against the riser as you go down.
It'll stay in place as long as you're not "dragging" hoses or gear over it

if you buy them from Sherwin Williams, insist on contractor pricing or they'll charge you near twice as much.
Make sure they're the 10 or 12 wt as well (cause they also sell cheap 6-7 wt Chinese crAp ones too)

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom