Technician damaged clients property

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You can not take any money from an employees pay. It is illegal in almost all industries. Check out the DOL website for guidelines, but doing that would imo be a bad idea anyway. Accidents happen, if chronic get rid of him, but otherwise your understanding can really show the employee you are a good employer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No You can't dock his pay. Thats why you have insurance. You can fire him but you cannot take it out of his check. You can take it out of (not pay) bonus's though.

asupremeclean

Well over all that sucks. But the price I have to pay for having an inattentive employee. Next time he's gone. Just sucks cause he's a great CC.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
is he a problem child..??.....if so then replace him...if not (and from what you say he is a good cleaner ) then pay it....forget it and life goes on.....shit happens...I know some of us think we are perfect........but we all make mistakes......

I personally did the same thing a few years back. Now I will never back into a garge EVER. I was backing up a hill of all things and it was raining so I didn't want to go slow. I asked the guy was I clear and he said keep coming. The next thing I hear is boom. The door crumbled up like paper. Then the guy runs in and grabs a camera and starts snapping photos. He seemed cool but turned into a complete jerk in seconds. I talked him into letting me clean all his carpet and protect them for no charge. I had him sign a waiver and knocked it out. Later that day I get a call from an insurance rep and I explained our deal. Without that signed paper I would be sol. My insurance would have paid for it but my deductable was 500 so I think cleaning the carpet was a much better deal for me. You have to live and learn from your mistakes. Accidents will happen.

asupremeclean

The guy didn't even own it he came up with some lame ass excuse like he tripped over a hose and fell into the garage door. Sorry to vent guys but I am irate about this whole thing.

Yea my deductible is high so SOL as you say.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Whip out the checkbook and put it behind you. It sucks but it could have been alot worse.

Burtz

I guess you have never damaged anything or made a mistake and if 600 bucks is going to break your bank you have more problems than the door

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
asupremeclean said:
what are my options?

do you know any garage door contractors?
work out a barter trade with them

what kind of and size garage door is it?
and where did the $600 figure come from?

are they repairing or replacing?
have YOU looked at it?

where's the pics YOU took of it?

let's see 'em

..L.T.A.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
**** u and docking his pay!!!!!!!!thats a bullshit thought !!u hired him!!!!it is your place to train him obviously u forgot that part

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
$600 is high for a repair unless this is a nice door or your tech took out all of the panels. If that is the case then write the check. I was a door guy before I was a cc and seen it all. Always a good story at every job

SDSinc

I dont know where you guys get your info but atleast in FL it is ok to deduct from employees checks for damages, which I do unless its an honist mistake, like it was in this case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom