Tell me more about this hose

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Currently I'm using the wintrax hose that Matt suggested I buy. It's a little lighter. Seems to be holding up well. Been doing a load of tile jobs and no issues so far.
Your hoses have lasted longer than than mine have for some reason. That's why I'm trying out the POTD hose pictured

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I’m tired of our industry putting out shitty hoses.
Raptor,
Continental
Hydroforce
Parker
Eaglewash

They all blow out black water in 6 months or less I’m hoping these Flexion hoses will hold up

What am I doing to make this complicated?
I’m going to regret saying this. I’ve been using the same Neptune for 4 years.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m loving this Flexion hose. Cooler to the touch on full heat

It’s kinda a pain to grab it with a rag on roll up time. So I rolled it up a couple times with a maroon pad grabbing it to smooth out the ridges. It’s much easier now

4DB03F18-F389-4515-BBA1-E51AD1B083B9.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well I guess I shouldn't say that but I know when they bought our last Aerotek in 14 it came with some other steel braided hose and the blue dye was rubbing off everywhere. So they graciously replaced it with Parker 1035 HT after I signed a disclaimer saying I wouldn't sue them if and when it blew up in a customer's face.

1035 is still my favorite hose but I haven't used it since moving to Nevada as I can't get it repaired here

Joes stainless crimpless repair things work great Cobb sells them now.

Both guys you won't buy from hahahaha

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just trashed the last 150ft of the 400ft of that flexion hose yesterday. I don't think I'll order anymore of it.

Keep in mind, the entire 400ft didn't last a whole year. About every 3months, one of them would go bad. Then I'd move the hose that was used less to the lead hose on the reel. Aerotech even sent me an extra 100ft because the first section I ever used went bad in just a couple months. I originally bought 300ft. So technically, I would be making this post 3months sooner with feedback.

and no, I don't go full heat on every job. But even if I did, Aerotech says this hose holds up to the heat on their machines which puts out more heat than mine.

This hose is junk

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It’s been said from someone that has more knowledge on the tools and machines In our industry that these hoses were oringinally intended for hydraulics (oils) and never for hot water.

The lazy ass manufacturers just got comfortable with the lightbulb method (hoses go bad, we buy more, they make more money🖕🏻)

I’m going back to eaglewash. They have lasted the longest out of all the different brands I’ve used.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Didn't continental buy out Goodyear hose?
Yes, but somehow, All-care distributors got ahold of some goodyear hoses. It doesn’t say continental on the hose and I got the grey color.

Maybe they’ll last a long time. I’ve noticed one thing already diffrrent about these goodyears. They’re wayyy stiffer than all the other hoses I’ve used in the past

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That time of year to replace my 100' solution hoses. I got good hours and know the cold/hot temperature swings coming will not help them stay good forever.
I am looking at the Hydroforce 4000. Any feedback on this one?

That hose is crap also.

Out of all the hoses I've used, eaglewash and the original goodyear before continental screwed it up was the best.

I don't know how, but All-Care distributors just sold me a goodyear original. They might still have them. If not, they sell eagle wash hoses also

FredC

Village Idiot
original goodyear before continental screwed it up was the best.

How did they screw it up? By buying veyance? I don't see anything to indicate the hose construction changed as long as your actually comparing the same hose. It is just branded continental.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
That time of year to replace my 100' solution hoses. I got good hours and know the cold/hot temperature swings coming will not help them stay good forever.
I am looking at the Hydroforce 4000. Any feedback on this one?

Everything wares out. Make sure the hose you are using is rated for what you are doing both in pressure and in heat. Be sure not to operate over the specs. If you are using a live reel for the solution line it will cook the hose and shorten its life. When your hose starts to feel dry and stiff replace it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How did they screw it up? By buying veyance? I don't see anything to indicate the hose construction changed as long as your actually comparing the same hose. It is just branded continental.
Black water came much sooner than the original goodyear

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What is veyance?

FredC

Village Idiot
Black water came much sooner than the original goodyear

You say this as if you tested it with all variables accounted for....I mean it's possible that some component has changed either because of availabilty or cost but nothing seems to indicate that.

The hose is made by the same people that made it before continental....goodyear and contitech are just brands slapped on them

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You say this as if you tested it with all variables accounted for....I mean it's possible that some component has changed either because of availabilty or cost but nothing seems to indicate that.

The hose is made by the same people that made it before continental....goodyear and contitech are just brands slapped on them
I had original grey goodyear hoses that came with my truck mount. It lasted longer than the blue continental/goodyear I bought.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I had original grey goodyear hoses that came with my truck mount. It lasted longer than the blue continental/goodyear I bought.
That was the best hose ever. They had to stop making it or they would not sell any replacement hoses. Still have a 3/4 100' original that I use.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

scotty747

OEM Industries 30142 Carpet Cleaning Hose for Hot and Cold Water Use, Use with Pressure Washers up to 3000 PSI, MNPT Fittings, 1/4 Inch Inner Diameter by 100 Feet, Blue​

Bought this for 1 job about six months ago. Needed to get to the third floor. Figured it would last a month or so. Still going strong after 6 months. Not smooth so its a pain to pull through the vac hoses. But 65.00 bucks for 100 ft. I'll try Matt's trick and try to smooth it out on roll up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom