Tell me your best memories or story with this classic.

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20210710_213912549.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Once upon a time. I was sent a beta green glide for My Butler version...
Worked fine...
That's the story from a classic...
Time for my milk an cookie,have a great day all...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I loved that tool, sleek and shiny, great design and solid build. It was extremely durable, the jet was easy to remove and clean. The valve was a quick, simple repair. I cleaned thousands of pieces of furniture with those tools. It was my favorite for many years! 😎

I'd still recommend owning a Prochem for heavy flushing situations and a Sapphire Dry tool for special care fabrics.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Before "dry tools" changed upholstery cleaning, it was my favorite tool.

The addtion of the glide was a big improvement for those who used them. I really liked how the glide minimized distortion on velvet and chenille fabrics too.

The weight got to you after awhile, and I think guys who are used to the light weight dry tools would think they are cleaning with a boat anchor if they tried one out today.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A comparatively great tool in the days when a dry tool was the clunky and maintenance heavy Kleenrite, only the rosy tint of nostalgia makes it a choice tool today.

I preferred a wider tool for hose down work, and don't have fond memories of that tool either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A comparatively great tool in the days when a dry tool was the clunky and maintenance heavy Kleenrite, only the rosy tint of nostalgia makes it a choice tool today.

I preferred a wider tool for hose down work, and don't have fond memories of that tool either.
The Kleenrite was a good tool also but cleaning the jet or repairing the valve meant unscrewing the screws from the corroded aluminum head. Or worse snap off a screw. 😯

It just never seemed the same once you opened them up, not even with a new gasket. Although when new they were a good tool, until the Prochem came out in the 90's.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Weight was due primarily to the shorter hose an tugging required.
To me it was the greatest stair tool ever made.
Mine was modified longer by Butler to be 12 feet...
All uph tools were.
I did not like banging paint with couplers near car interior door jams.
An it made working in cramped areas somewhat easier.
But mainly for uph it was kleenrite 3inch.
Kleenrite 6 inch drapery pool for backs,or likely soiled sides ...
Greenie gave me beta glides for all .
But not my style...
The 3 inch was designed for the agitator bars.
Per the ad,an to me was fine as is ...
They don't make that tool any longer?.
What moron cancelled that?.
Options baby ,options...

Ron K

I had a Steamway "Hydro-Kenetic"...don't know where that falls into this discussion Pretty innovative design no Photo though

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Man, I’ve got a story. I just went to Target with my wife. The cashier was a fat dude. His head was shaved except for the top which was in a ponytail secured with a pink scrunchie. His fingernails were painted peach and he was wearing a dress.

I’m regrowing my mustache.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Man, I’ve got a story. I just went tonTarget with my wife. The cashier was a fat dude. He head was shaved except for the top which was in a ponytail secured with a pink scrunchie. His fingernails were painted peach and ue was wearing a dress.

Probably she.

steve_64

Man, I’ve got a story. I just went to Target with my wife. The cashier was a fat dude. His head was shaved except for the top which was in a ponytail secured with a pink scrunchie. His fingernails were painted peach and he was wearing a dress.

It's peanut!
Screenshot_20210717-220028.png

sassyotto

Name
Paul
with out without a GG?

holes drilled into the back?
again, I use it to clean along the base trim and around furniture that I dont move (detailing) so it works better without the GG but I did buy one years ago and still have it.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

sounds like an athlete... smh

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom