Tell us more about C-4

Name
Nate W.
hogjowl said:
I am beautiful ... just ask Lisa.

I was talking about the TM.

She also thinks a pug is cute......... :shock: Not really saying much, she's just being nice.

:lol:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Greenie said:
wait a min?
All blowers already have a fill port and a breather port that I know of. Why would the pressure be any greater than any other blower if it was properly vented?

Or is there some blowers out there with PLUGs installed where breathers should be? :shock:

ps: Hogjowl
If you want a 150-170 gal waste tank, it's gonan take up some space, how about you just settle on a classic TNT with the 120, it's MUCH narrower.

Look at the pics. It has plugs on top just like the 650's DID.
kdk_0495nnnnsmall-2.jpg

John,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was doing some investigation on your claim that Gardner Denver had a run of bad blowers. It took me a few days to confirm if this was the case or not. I’m glad you mentioned it, because I sure would hate to be selling machines with defective blowers.

After multiple emails and phone calls with Gardner Denver concerning this matter, I have confirmed that there is no run of defective blowers. I started a new post concerning this matter in case somebody already owned a unit with this blower. I wanted to put their mind at ease. These blowers do not require additional vents due to their internal vent system.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I should have asked what Blower that was. I thought it was the 650 you where using. I didn't realize you was using the smaller blower. I should have looked closer. The T408 hasn't had an issue that I know of. I WAS WRONG.

bonesheal

What would be required to attach a freshwater tank to the C-4?

Disclaimer: I'm no mechanical genius (and I may be about to make that obvious). I was looking at a TNT and it looked like I would need to remove the freshwater box and route the hose inlet to the freshwater tank, a hose to draw from the freshwater tank to the pump, and a relief hose (back to the freshwater tank?). Is this correct? How do other people do this, or does everyone always use it with a water supply?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
bonesheal said:

Disclaimer: I'm no mechanical genius (and I may be about to make that obvious). I was looking at a TNT and it looked like I would need to remove the freshwater box and route the hose inlet to the freshwater tank, a hose to draw from the freshwater tank to the pump, and a relief hose (back to the freshwater tank?). Is this correct? How do other people do this, or does everyone always use it with a water supply?

I am not familiar with the TNT but you should not have to remove anything.
A simple 12V transfer pump between the fresh water tank and the mix tank on the TNT is all you should need.

bonesheal

KevinD said:
bonesheal said:

A simple 12V transfer pump between the fresh water tank and the mix tank on the TNT is all you should need.

Is it necessary to put a transfer pump in? I would expect the pump to draw water out of the freshwater tank without an auxiliary pump.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
bonesheal said:
KevinD said:
bonesheal said:

Is it necessary to put a transfer pump in? I would expect the pump to draw water out of the freshwater tank without an auxiliary pump.

I think my Cat pump has a 25 psi minimum feed pressure. I do an old building where the city pressure is low and I can get only about 400 psi atm without pump chatter.

bonesheal

Johnny said:
I think my pump has a 25 psi minimum feed pressure. I do an old building where the city pressure is low and I can get only about 400 psi atm without pump chatter.

There's no aux pump on my Butler, but the pump is on the floor; is it relying on the weight of the water to provide the pressure?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Correct. However most pumps will draw water without pressure, as long as sufficient volume is present.

As a simple gesture to physics pumps should be mounted below the water tank, and as low on the machine as possible.

Just one of many reasons Butler has such a good reputation, and now a ten year warranty.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can take a pic of my set up if need be. I have the CanAm which is the predecessor of the C4. The tank below mine was supposed to be the fresh water tank but I put in a 200gal tank. I ran the feed line directly from the pump into the tank with a filter on the end and a second line into the tank for the bypass. Been working great for over 18mths.

bonesheal

Ron Werner said:
I can take a pic of my set up if need be. I have the CanAm which is the predecessor of the C4. The tank below mine was supposed to be the fresh water tank but I put in a 200gal tank. I ran the feed line directly from the pump into the tank with a filter on the end and a second line into the tank for the bypass. Been working great for over 18mths.

I'd like to see a picture of that. I'm considering putting this or an El Diablo into a box truck, but I want to be able to carry around at least 100 gallons of freshwater. Do you fill your freshwater from the front of the unit?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The inlet hose connected to the Cat pump
10-02-07CanAmtweaks-addfreshwaterta.jpg

The bypass hose connected to the unloader (its the white plastic braided hose with 90elbow towards the bottom of the pic)
10-02-07CanAmtweaks-addfreshwate-4.jpg

Both hoses run to the freshwater tank. A 1" drilled hole and the hose fits snug. The inlet hose has the screen on it, the bypass hose is simply open.
10-02-07CanAmtweaks-addfreshwate-3.jpg

10-02-07CanAmtweaks-addfreshwate-2.jpg

Just drop them in the tank and fill with water (yes, I know there's a bit of scum in the tank, was more till I cleaned it. Need to add some quat-a-lot more often)
10-02-07CanAmtweaks-addfreshwate-1.jpg

bonesheal

Thanks! Do you fill the tank directly or did you run that hose from the front of the unit as well?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
IMAGE_964.jpg

I used to have the hose with the quick connect go straight into the tank with an auto-shutoff. Unfortunately, our wonderful local gov't wants all tm's outfitted with a back flow prevention valve ($250 installed PLUS yearly testing) OR that the water outlet be above the level of water. So I rigged this up with a timer to prevent overflow.
The water hose connects with a quick connect (made for garden hoses), I set the timer for how much water I want, open the lid and let it fill. QED

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom