termites....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
had to clean a couch and a few bedrooms and 3 area rugs.(wool)

moved out the couch and noticed the termite tracks coming up out of the tile

IMG_4191.jpg

looked down at the leg of the couch and apparently they have been pretty busy

IMG_4190.jpg

the hole in the top was where I put my finger thew it

IMG_4192.jpg

rolled back the wool rug and noticed they had gotten to the backing and worked there way threw

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

both bedrooms and all wool area rugs were urine soaked form there little white mutt running all over the place..there was no visible termite activity..but I figured due to all the urine all over the place they probably move out and went to chew on a more healthier home....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
subterranean termites.....they live in the dirt under your home and if you don't have it treated they can cause major damage and you won't even know it.....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jim,

Have you thought of finding a reputable exterminator to refer your clients to if you find this damage again ? I've never seen that in a clients home, thanks for sharing. Were you able to repair any of that damage ?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I put business resources on the bottom of my work orders of some people I work with and there is a pest control on there.... I did not get a wide shot of the floor but there was a huge crack going down one of the grout seams where the ground underneath had settled....this will take more then a surface repair to get it right...The wood on the couch is pretty much gone...she wanted me to clean it and just put it back where it was......she did not seem to concerned that her home was being eaten out from underneath her ........One of those clients with more money then common since.........

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
A few years ago I had to go clean a house that was up for sale.

I found these termites when I opened the sliding wardrobe doors.

A beautiful work of art by these little buggers.

2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0009.jpg

2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0005.jpg

2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0008.jpg

2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0006.jpg

It all looked to nice to break up, and I figured that if someone was going to buy this joint, they should know what's going on.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom