TES

I was just re reading this whole thread...

Way off base. Steve G, with all due respect it seems like you are uninformed or misinformed.
Where TES makes sense on small losses is that we are able to save things that conventional methods can not save.
Also, tell a homeowner that they can have their kitchen back in a day in half, or 5. If they do choose 5 you will be doing some selective tear out and the rebuild phase may take another 2 weeks. But if they choose 5 you will be able to use less expensive equipment and generat a higher profit margin. Hell, what's a little inconvienience.

4 years in business, 3 trucks (2 with truckmounts) a TES, more drying equipment tahn I can count off the top of my head, property, Oh, did I mention that we are now the largesat cleaning and restoration company based in the county we service.

THANX TES!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yeah but how ethical is it to charge 2-3 times or more in equipment rental than just replacing the damaged item?? I like to set money making toys just as much as the next guy. the TES is limited in what it can do, its too small for big soaker jobs and overkill for the little ones. yeah I would love to have one, however with a few exceptions I can do the same thing with conventional methods and charge just as much, that is the key here making money at the end of the day, not spending a ton of money on a machine that brings me in no greater revenue than regular methods

This is why I say you are misinformed or uninformed, nothing personal.

We just dried a cat 1, class 3 loss which originated in a upstairs bathroom, the water ran down through the kitchen ceiling and also in the walls behind the cabinets. The water continued down to the partially finished basement.

Our drying estimate with conventional equipment was $3340.00 in equipment rental, plus labor, plus one wall of cabinets to be demoed. The adjuster's repir estimeat was $10,000.00!

We dried it 1 day, NO TEAR OUT! No ALE! The next day they had their son's birthday party there.

Our invoice was $2600.00.

I really need some one harder to debate.

I

steve g said:
yeah but how ethical is it to charge 2-3 times or more in equipment rental than just replacing the damaged item??

A TES rents for around $1600.00 a day, In most cases that is far less than the cost of tear out and replacement.

I like to set money making toys just as much as the next guy. the [quote:16gwa637]TES is limited in what it can do, its too small for big soaker jobs and overkill for the little ones.

We have dried 12K square foot commercial losses with TES and 200 square foot residential losses. The outcomes on each were faster than conventional and less tear out was performed. Mean while the total cost of loss on all of our TES jobs have been less than the estimated total cost having dried conventional.

with a few exceptions I can do the same thing with conventional methods and charge just as much,

No, you can't period

that is the key here making money at the end of the day, not spending a ton of money on a machine that brings me in no greater revenue than regular methods
[/quote:16gwa637]

Hack statement,
The key is providing the best service possible while maintaining positive cash flow.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I bought a TES, not real impressed at all. It seems like a bigger hassle running hoses and setting up an exhaust. It may take a little longer to dry the old way but I perfer it so far. I thought insurance agents would really love the fact I can get it dry so fast. Truth is, they dont seem to really care as long as it is handled proffessionally.

Maybe I'm marketing wrong, but hasnt seemed to be a huge selling poing IMHO!!

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I will say this though. I havent been doing WTR real long and I'm trying to provide the best service.

The only tear out that I have come across was wood floor on a slab and I dont think I could have done much with the TES.

Im trying to get them to take the TES back. Hopefully a good decision. Just not happy with it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
White Collar said:
I will say this though. I havent been doing WTR real long and I'm trying to provide the best service.

The only tear out that I have come across was wood floor on a slab and I dont think I could have done much with the TES.

Im trying to get them to take the TES back. Hopefully a good decision. Just not happy with it.

thanks for being honest and saying it like it is, too many here have egos the size of football fields and could never admit something they spent their hard earned money on might not have been a good idea. guys like you are the ones that will really learn things and better themselves rather than hold their nose in the air while thinking they know it all. BTW I don't think the TES is a waste its an interesting machine and definatly has its place, however I think its better served with larger companies who have a higher number of specialized losses

White Collar said:

You can't dry a wood floor on a slab in any condition with any equipment. That's not the fault of the TES. No offense, but some education and experience would have prevented you from making the attempt.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Craig Lindquist said:
[quote="White Collar":kbtlz6hc]I will say this though. I havent been doing WTR real long and I'm trying to provide the best service.

You can't dry a wood floor on a slab in any condition with any equipment. That's not the fault of the TES. No offense, but some education and experience would have prevented you from making the attempt.[/quote:kbtlz6hc]

see craig that was a put down post, no one wants to hear how uneducated they are and how little they know by you. what you should have done is told him why he may have had trouble drying wood over concrete, my answer would have been that most woods installed over concrete are laminated prefinished floors that just have a hard wood thin veneer over the top, they are not refinishable, in any event normally any type of wood floor I have seen over concrete is usually glued down with a notched trowel, precluding getting any air under it to dry it, the prefinished floors are normally damaged beyond repair even if you could dry them, it may also have been a floating floor in this case it would have thin foam under it that has a whole other set of drying challenges

Why would I say that when that would have been bullshit.
The issue is dewpoint and condensation on the slab which inhibits drying.

YOU CAN NOT DRY ANY WOOD FLOOR ON A SLAB.

See, that statement is not bullshit.

Another statement that is not bullshit is that that fact is taught in schools.

White collar, if you have not had a chance to get to Jeremy's school yet pm me and I'll give you my cell #. I'll e-mail you some formulas and help you all the way on some jobs.I'm sure your opinion will change a lot about your machine.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
You may be right as far as my opinion changing. My business partner attended his school then he quit my business.
I know you cant dry wood on a slab, that was my point, I havent dealt with alot of tearout even before TES. And I havent seen alot of benefits of having the machine.

I could be wrong, I just feel screwed out of $34,000. When it doesnt seem to offer that much more.

Again, I didnt have an opportunity to attend the class so I could be very wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom