Testing the Hoss 700....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
it whats down in it that we worry about...surface cleaning is easy......

IMG_5732.jpg

So the plastic cover on it scratches easy and gets chipped or was that a freak accident? Can it be polished out so there aren't 823 scratches all over it in 3 weeks? I just don't like equipment looking beaten up that I take into my customers homes.
I just had my orbot base replaced too...it was chipped and rusty all over and couldn't stand it anymore.

Rant:
To all manufacturers: please stop making anything with powdercoat!! That stupid idea never works in our industry! We are dealing with water and chemicals of all types and powder coats do not hold up!!

Now back to our regular scheduled program the hoss.

Magic One

Jim did you brig out the RX20?It would have been a good test for all three. Do you know the cost off the boss700?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No I did not.....I have run that thing long enough to know how it would stack up against the 700........

Name
BradFenstermaker
YO YO Jim you need to come over to North Georgia. I had 2 nice heavy soil loaded carpets today.

Looks like you clean all the carpet in Showrooms over there.

Who is making this 700?

It always seems to come in waves, clean jobs then a bunch of trashed jobs. Oh well.

Rx did pretty good the other night at the club. They where thrilled with the results.

Tom Mock

There is no powdercoat on the HOSS. The base is a very soft and flexible polymer guard. It's really a nice machine.

BTW, the vac nozzles do flex. They designed that for the commercial carpets.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It takes the un-even floors pretty good....but you do know when you hit a high spot....like the 360i it pitches a little..but with the large head it does not get away from you...I have yet to see any of the vacuum nozzles do any type of flexing....the guard wipes right off...and is pretty durable....

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
That CHIP in the cover is not a chip. That was designed for the tool to remove the injectors if cleaning is needed.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Mock said:
There is no powdercoat on the HOSS. The base is a very soft and flexible polymer guard. It's really a nice machine.

My powdercoat comment was aside from the hoss. I know that the hoss has a plastic base that's kinda flexible. I have driven and played with the hoss a few times.. I really like it.

Jim- or Keith- what is the combined flow number on the hoss as it is set up?
Woiuld it be good at recovering water with a 45blower with an averge 100-150' of hose?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Tom Mock":2yvrwpfu]There is no powdercoat on the HOSS. The base is a very soft and flexible polymer guard. It's really a nice machine.

My powdercoat comment was aside from the hoss. I know that the hoss has a plastic base that's kinda flexible. I have driven and played with the hoss a few times.. I really like it.

Jim- or Keith- what is the combined flow number on the hoss as it is set up?
Woiuld it be good at recovering water with a 45blower with an averge 100-150' of hose?[/quote:2yvrwpfu]

you adjust your flow with the orifices....it comes with a 0.52 in it and you also get 2 different ones....a....0.48 and a....0.57....they allow you to change them according to type of soiling and to help balance your equipment with your machine.....right now I am playing with all 3...

Here is the beauty of this machine...S.S. understands the concept of balancing your equipment with your machine...
this is set up so that you can change it as you see fit to adjust to the type of machine that you run...you can change the orifice........ find the perfect sweet spot for what you run...

unlike the 360i...what you get is what you get and if you run any type of machine that has some balls behind it...the 360i is just junk and there is nothing you can do about it....but hook it up to a portable and you have a good little machine that will clean probably everything out there....

so what I put out may not be what everyone else needs...I have said this 100 times....it does not matter what you run..it is all in the balance between machine and tools......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with the glides and not running the shoes wide open you have to clean this mess off after every room....this set up gives me the best dry times..for the RX...this is the shedding and fuzzing from the staple fibers....

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

with the Hoss...the crap does not collect and clog up the vacuum shoes....and the ball that collects on the rod does not happen all the time...never the less...pulling the cap and sliding it off is still way easier then having to pull all this off 5 glides after each room...and the dry times are better then the glided RX....

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

this thing is still kicking the crap out of the RX.......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OMG what are they using for carpet down there????

They just sheer the sheep and duct tape it down :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
floorguy said:

They just sheer the sheep and duct tape it down :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL...think way back before wand glides and all the crap you would get in your filters....then glides came out and now we don't get as much as we use to........they made it easier on us but we just don't dig the crap and fuzzing out ..........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:
floorguy said:

LOL...think way back before wand glides and all the crap you would get in your filters....then glides came out and now we don't get as much as we use to........they made it easier on us but we just don't dig the crap and fuzzing out ..........

i am thinking its a Arizona thing myself.....crazy

how many times did you get hair balls with the 360???

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not to many but they are open slots..but the crap built up on the bottom ....if you leave the slots open on the RX even with the low moister jets it leaves the carpets to wet...you have to have glides....

on the Hoss...the bottom gets dirty but nothing builds up on it....no glides needed and I am getting better dry times...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Kicked it out of RX speed today and put some push behind it to see how well it could keep up.....It is going to take more then I can give it to find out its limit....the thing can clean some area at a good pace....no streaking and no bogging down...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Whats the flow on it???? how long to fill your waste tank vs the 360 or the RX??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for me....I think I have it balanced with my equipment......I am holding good heat......I am getting a good flush and great dry times.....waste tank is filling up about the same as the 360i........

the 0.48 orifice seems to be a good balance for me...........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
finally got some really thick carpet....it did not seat its self down like the 360i.....

there was some streaking...but it was my fault....I pushed it faster then I would of the RX and did not give it time to keep up on the thicker carpet....the Stryker wand made quick work of the streaks I left.....

went to another room and did it at the RX speed and it was perfect....

so on the real thicker stuff you have to slow down a bit...

on all the others....you can give it all you can.....

brendan

Name
brendan
hi jim,,,great posts,,,,,,the hoss looks great,,might have to treat myself,,,ive just got the 360i,,now ive only a blazer truckmount and porty for apts so not the big machines that you say the 360i comes a cropper,,but have to say i love it,,,how do you think the hoss will work with entrance level truckmounts and portys,,,thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It will be just fine.....SS gives you the 3 orifices to help balance it with your equipment....pending the portable and how strong it is would be the question on if you should try it hooked to one....they have some pretty strong ones out there....but hook it to your TM....start off with the smallest orifice and go from there...watch your speed until you find the sweet spot...once you get it...you will be amazed at how much area you can cover with this machine...

brendan

Name
brendan
ill be tearing the be jesus out of the 360i till then,,,,have to say i like the fecker,,so whats the hoss like on commercial,,,tiles and so on,,,again nice one for your onfo,,,,

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It does really good on CGD..we did a huge church and it went really well...don't know about the tiles....but I have pounded it as hard as I can on just about everything else with no problems what so ever....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Finally ran into a job that was questionable as to if I wanted to pull the 700 off the truck because of a few bad seams and one of the worst bond inserts I have seen in awhile...but this carpet really needed a good flushing out..and it was a good chance to see just how it would handle the issues...so I told the owners that I was going to flush it out and if there was any problems...I have a guy that does all my repairs for me and I would have him come and fix anything that it pulled up...she was happy with that so I went for broke on this one....

this bond insert was not really done right...and you can see down at the bottom where the knife must of slipped and they cut to far both directions....

IMG_5780.jpg

I did 4 passes over this to see what it would do..( trust me I had my eyes closed all 4 of them ) I was really expecting this to rip...It did not even try to give and it never grabbed it...

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

the seam was loose and sticking up...

IMG_5786.jpg

I did 2 passes and it did not grab it or pull it apart....

IMG_5785.jpg

I ran it over the edge of the carpet..Probably a little more then I should of...but it gave me no problems..

IMG_5787.jpg

after the pre-vacuuming the filter was about the size of a soft ball with sand and hair....and this was all that was stuck to the bottom of the machine...nothing was clogged...

IMG_5788.jpg

Edges nice and gets under things with no problems...

IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

and it has no problems flushing the crap out of the carpets...

IMG_5682.jpg

the only problems I see is that the hose connection need to be more at a down ward angle to help getting into door ways...

IMG_5645.jpg

and I think the nozzles need some way to flush them out when they get clogged....
I am done testing this thing and I will be shipping it back in a day or two...

I.M.O they did a good job on this...it will have a long life...it is easy to run..great recovery..you get the flush and the penetration all in one shot...and it is easy to balance with your machine...I never lost a bit of heat...and the steam is contained in the head...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
From your pics it looks like it gets under things better then the rx. Regarding that clear tube, can you see it while operating the machine or is it just there to tell you when it's clogged.

Albert

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can see it well enough to know what it going on....

But I am not the sight tube type...to me they are miss leading....I pay more attention to my filters....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yep....most defiantly.....the RX will be in the shed next to the pile lifter.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom