Thank You Greenie!! Greenhorn Rocks!!!!!

tim

The best thing that came out of Connections was the new vacuum relief for my cds 4.8 and the greenhorn wand! I never knew a wand could make so much difference! 2" wand over a 1 1/2", 4 jets over 1...no comparison! Add the vacuum relief and wow! I have a new machine! I have always been pleased with my machine's performance but I was living in the dark! I definitely needed the tank support brackets because my tank almost imploded without them! It was a pleasure to use, sparkling clean and dry when I left! I like my RX-20 and RV360 when I have to have the extra agitation but it slows me down and wanted to wand more. I just found a way to speed up without sacrificing quality! Greenie, you are a agitation! And I thought my new Cimex was great!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
tim said:
The best thing that came out of Connections was the new vacuum relief for my cds 4.8 and the greenhorn wand! I never knew a wand could make so much difference! 2" wand over a 1 1/2", 4 jets over 1...no comparison! Add the vacuum relief and wow! I have a new machine! I have always been pleased with my machine's performance but I was living in the dark! I definitely needed the tank support brackets because my tank almost imploded without them! It was a pleasure to use, sparkling clean and dry when I left! I like my RX-20 and RV360 when I have to have the extra agitation but it slows me down and wanted to wand more. I just found a way to speed up without sacrificing quality! Greenie, you are a agitation! And I thought my new Cimex was great!

Kunkle or Bayco?

Bob Foster

I got my Greenhorn a couple of weeks back and couldn't agree more. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

Makes you wonder what the heck Greenie and Lisa will be coming out with next? Well - cummon you two - please drop some hints!

TimP

I own a cds too, and run my rx-20 more than wand but I bought the Greenhorn and I do indeed wand more than I used to. I find that it is easier for me to run an RX in a larger more open area. But if the room is small and furniture is in it I'd rather wand it if it isn't trashed out. If I had a rotary 175 I wouldn't need the rx anymore. I've been thinking about getting the bonnet and pad driver attachment for my rx for residential. I have a cimex if I have a big commercial job.

I don't have a bayco yet, but I've been thinking about that. Before I bought one of them I'd want to buy some 2.5 hose and either a y or a new port upgrade. I supposed I need the tank reinforcement too. I think I'm going to wait till I start turning a decent profit every month before I upgrade the truck.

With the Greenhorn I cleaned 2 rugs in my home (100 ft run) yesturday and had the windows open. Keep in mind here the humidity was around 60% here and probably around 80-85 degrees and the rugs were dry in about 2 hours (our ac went out at home). One of them is a loop pile tip/shear nylon rug factory bound from a carpet style we sell. And the other was about an 8x8 piece left over from the carpet we installed medium weight nylon plush/shag hybrid (soft back by shaw amazingly the backing stays together without binding or seam sealing).

Anyway I get awesome dry times from the greenhorn, and I'm in Florida. I also used the judson juice on them, the nylon tip shear product had candy mess(small dark sticky spots) on it due to our 4 yr old. I didn't have to do anything to it just spray dwell and extract. The rug is like brand new and is softer than it was new.

Thanks Greenie for making such an awesome product!!!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Greenhorn

We have two titanium wands, one pimped out by Greenie and the greenhorn still is our favorite. We fight over who gets to use it!

tim

Tim P.,
Greenie said with the CDS don't go 2.5", get the vacuum relief instead. He said it is a little different animal than most others and stay with 2" hose and get a 2" greenhorn wand. That's what I did and my machine has suction like never before!! I too use the rotary type machines to save my back some, particularly on nasties but I sure like the speed of the wand when rotary is overkill!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Tim P, you mention a support bracket. Is this for your waste tank. I think I have the same 100g as you and see alot of flexing without mods. Does Greenie have the brackets?.

Wonder why Greenie doesn't recommend the 2.5 with the cds, could it be the tank.

Albert

tim

Albert, Greenie sells the support frames for the waste tank. They are 2 metals "picture frame" supports that fit inside the waste tank and keep them from flexing. I turned on my machine without them and quickly turned off the machine! The top always flexed down but the sides started to flex in quite a bit as well. I promptly installed the supports and no problems! I'm not sure about the 2 1/2. He just said it was a different animal and stay with 2", add the relief valve and greenhorn instead. He was right on the money. If I had more suction, I would need a new waste tank! Not a very expensive addition and it made a huge difference! I was pleased with the cds before but I am thrilled now. It makes me realize why the vortex guys act so giddy about their machines. Vacuum and lift are cool!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What's the Vac Relief? I checked my Hg gauge for the first time. It was only going to 11!!!! WTH? I thought my machine was better than that.... It must be all that restricted plumbing. I still get better dry times than I did with the machines I ran at the other company, and they consistantly got 14-17 Hg.

Greenie

Bayco over Kunkle with very few exceptions.

On the CDS, I'm still not sure 100% yet, but when you run 2.5" hose it doesn't howl like it does on other machines, I suspect the blower is simply spinning slower and this would be logical because of the limits of a clutch drive machine.

It does hold 15"hg well once the tank support brackets are installed (thanks Demien!) and the Bayco valve really optimizes the 2" vacuum hose with a 2" high flow wand.

I'm glad everyone is seeing the benefit of their new toys, cause I know the carpets are cleaner and drier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom