Thanks for Nothing Sapphire Scientific.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
So I order a new blower filter housing for my white magic pro 1200 through Jondon. It had to be custom made by Sapphire. The old one rusted apart at the 3 inch elbow coming off it to the blower. I had to wrap duct tape around the hole while I waited for the new one. It was suppose to take 2-3 weeks. It's been over a month but I got it today after several calls to Jondon to find out where it was. Well, it's not made right at all. Not one phone call to ask me dimensions or angles or any pertinent info. They just made it wrong. There you go. Now I either have to send it back to be fixed and wait a month or take it to a local shop and have it adapted. Can't anyone do their jobs right these days???

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Pics? Like this one?

Have you talked to SS?

WMfilter.jpg

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
Kevin,
Very sorry for the poor communication and service on this. Please email me your contact info as well as the JonDon location you are working with.
Although our manufacturing is closed until Friday, I will get going on making this right for you. Again, my apologies for the way this was handled, but let me see if we can get you what you need.
I do appreciate your support of Sapphire and would like a chance to do better.
Thanks
Dorrel Allsop
dorrela@sapphirescientific.com

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is this a 1997 model 1200??

why wouldn't you call JonDon today??
That's who you paid, right?

and why didn;t you go to a local fab shop when you found out it had to be custom made?
Probably would been le$$ too since you'd be cutting out the middle man, JonDon

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
is this a 1997 model 1200??

why wouldn't you call JonDon today??
That's who you paid, right?

and why didn;t you go to a local fab shop when you found out it had to be custom made?
Probably would been le$$ too since you'd be cutting out the middle man, JonDon

..L.T.A.
Because I got home after 5 and I don't think a fab shop would have a clue how to make it for less that $600. Also because it just came back from Jondon from having a $4000 drive shaft put in it and they didn't notice the hole in the elbow?? I try to give cc suppliers my biz.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If you never communicated directly with SS regarding this, seems to me like it was someone at JonDon that dropped the ball in passing along accurate information as to exactly what was needed.

Why are you calling out SS and not JD?

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
kevin, you spent a lot of money at jondons and so you are upset abot the filter. that's understandale but i would call jondon first since they ordered it from sapphire. but now you can talk to SS directly so you should get what you need.

i am very impatiant myself and have a very hard time waiting for some things to arrive. especially because the machine is a big part of your business.

here is a website for you to check out......http://www.newenglandtruckmount.com/white-magic-filter-bags.html they have parts and know the pro 1200. give them a call

hope you get that bad boy working great so you can make the money to pay for your repair bill.

Reactions: KevinL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin do you have a Jondon rep? Ours is Josh and he is always very helpful when I'm in search of odd ball stuff. If you would like I can give you his email and that way you have a contact.

F

FB7777

If you never communicated directly with SS regarding this, seems to me like it was someone at JonDon that dropped the ball in passing along accurate information as to exactly what was needed.

Why are you calling out SS and not JD?
Exactly my first impression

In fact , I wouldn't even blame JonDon... It's a specialty fabrication part from a defunct company ( White Magic)

Blasting it on the board says more about the accuser than the accused

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
We are working with Kevin and JonDon to try and get him the part he needs. This is a special part that will have to be built as this a unit that was not built by Sapphire.
Thanks for all of the input, we are simply committed to being the "go to partner" for Professional Cleaners. This kind of situation just offers us another opportunity to do that.
Dorrel Allsop

J

JS41035

Posting on the board should be your 'nuclear option'. You'll get help by posting on the board to complain. But you guarantee no one will give you a deal or stick there neck out for you in the future.
How would you feel if a customer put a full page add in the newspaper to complain about a spot you missed ? Yes you would fix it, fast. But you would be cautious with them in the future.
Maybe why you payed 4000 for a driveshaft.

Reactions: Russ T. and Goomer

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
$4000 drive shaft? Ok i said it too. I called butler recently for a drive shaft. The main shaft had a worn spot on it from a siezed bearing. Butler price was $1,200 range plus shipping. I took apart the shaft, machine shop made a new shaft for $400 and new bearings were $75 each. 2 days later machine was up and running. $4,000 for a new shaft?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
That was with installation and new clutch. The drive shaft was only $2300. I've already apologized to Dorrel and Sapphire for bringing this on here but I was pissed when I opened the box and it was made wrong with no communication from anyone for the month I waited for it. Thanks for the help Dorrel. I'll get those measurements to you shortly. PS, I just got word from local repair shop that the clutch is bad already and making lots of noise. Back to Jondon it goes.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I don't see any big deal about it as the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But then again, I'm not noted for my diplomatic approach because I just don't suffer bullshit very well.

Reactions: EDS and hogjowl

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't see any big deal about it as the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But then again, I'm not noted for my diplomatic approach because I just don't suffer bullshit very well.

Yes we know...............

000_0014_zpsdc073815.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I swear that picture looks like it has 1/4 inch of crystals in the bottom at best..
I forget the whole story.

How many jobs and how much money did Willy make off that bucket before he tried to get a free refill?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom