Thanks To Everybody (Cleaner's Giving Back Day)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
For taking an idea and running with it! Today a lot of cleaners are working for worthwhile and deserving organizations and individuals , not for money or glory, but just for the sake of doing the right thing. The response has been fantastic - and this is only the first year! Let's all work towards making this an annual event and keep it growing! Thanks to everyone involved for making this a roaring success!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I never did anything with the media. I probably should have. The local media seems to really like the organization that I'm working for. I see them on the news quite often. Maybe next year.
But, I've got two hydroforces full and ready to go. I should be tired at the end of the day.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Feel free to post pics of your jobs today. Maybe next year we can all bury the hatchets and spread this around to other forums and countries. Let's all work to ma\king it grow!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey @Willy P

I told the people we cleaned for today about you and how you came up with this idea.

They seriously wanted to make sure we said thank you to you too!

Here is our Facebook post today they are sharing...

And the local newspaper is going to do a story about it too. Newspaper is going to contact this non profit so it comes from them, AND we can help direct even more help towards them! :)

Some big "mission accomplished" Kudos out to you Willy P!

Our Facebook post the non profit is also Sharing!

It was our pleasure to donate our services to one of our many great community non profits as part of a greater effort of "Cleaners Giving Back". Today we did some carpet cleaning for Advocates for family peace! This is a great community group! Please check them out when you get a chance. We sure enjoyed being able to be there today! http://stopdomesticabuse.org/

(The bottom 2 pics we did no post on the Facebook post)

20160222_102714.jpg
20160222_101657.jpg
20160222_103616.jpg
20160222_093905.jpg
20160222_101509.jpg

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
My job starts at 1:00 to work around their programming, but I can't wait!'
I did not get the media involved for a few reasons....one being that I'm not doing it for publicity.
Two, this is a place where privacy is a very big issue and the residents are not to be filmed in any way.
I will try to get as many pics as I can with that consideration in mind. I will ask them if I can put those pics on my website and or FB page just to show that our business gives back to the community though.
I am also going to try to use it to solicit other services to give back to them any way they can because they really need the help. Badly.
This house is in such disrepair....:(
Then in a about two weeks I will be going back to do the Moms house where they have their babies living with them and then the Day care building as well!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
image.jpeg

I didn't get any pictures of the actual cleaning. Some of the people can be serving in restricted areas and I didn't want to take any pictures and accidentally show any of them or their personal stuff.
They were really happy to have this done.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So cool everyone....I just also extended the offer of cleaning to a church that just called today....they were just going to have some partial areas done and needed some quotes and a bit of help.... I worked with the ladies husband teaching at the school I was at...He was a teacher too....

Told them....it's their lucky day!

I am involved in a "Cleaners Giving Back" day....just so happens I am extending it for them for Thursday's cleaning job :)

Not super big job....especially with they Zipper Wands :)

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
Here are a few pics from mine...I could not take pics of the front or the people in there due to privacy concerns.
So one of my helpers flaked out last minute (my female friend) :hopeless:
and the other had to leave halfway through.
But thank God I had one guy who stayed with me from start to finish, and worked his butt off when my back started giving out on me.
Mike Kubasiewics...the maker of the Dwell Pro is my hero!
This house is huge and cluttered and brutal to clean but he really stepped up and helped me FOR FREE at that!
And yes...I know my damn truck is dirty lol! We are about to get snow again though......

Josh

Supportive Member
Name
Josh
I cleaned at a church today- 1525 sq. ft. of carpet, vacuumed out heat registers, and repaired an old frayed seam.
The congregation was nice enough to stack the chairs for me right after morning service yesterday.

I was hoping to clean for a needy family as well, but that fell through.

I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how to.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
tell us more about that wand?

Isn't that the source of your back issues?

How did you hook up with Mike?
That is the Prochem TI ergo wand. It cost me $1700 but it's a great wand.
We had to wand this job because it was really tight areas and small rooms with very uneven floors.
This wand is awesome and the only one I can use. The cause of my back issues is 6 years of using an old heavy stainless wand with no glides lol.

I hooked up with Mike because I had expressed to him that his machine was cool and I liked that he hires learning disabled young adults, so he was going to bring it down for me to check out on this job. He was unable to do that due to a major highway closure, but was in Denver for other reasons so he asked if he could stop by and say hi. He ended up doing the whole job with me! Great guy!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The Harvest Project linked the facebook pages and they're going to put some pics up. The office upholstery is in need, so next Monday it gets a good freshen up and gives me something to do while the wax dries on the vct. I really like what they do there and the idea of giving a hand up, not a hand out. Feeding hungry people, helping them find jobs, providing them with clothing and a good support structure is a pretty admirable mission and I'll do what I can to support them, not only yesterday, but in the future as well. It's just the right thing to do.
Again, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to all those that got involved. You're a pretty noble group.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We did Our local council Boy Scout offices and store. They needed to be done and they were greatly appreciated. About 3000 Square feet. Also Going to do a family home of a family that has a member fighting cancer. They needed to reshedule.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The cause of my back issues is 6 years of using an old heavy stainless wand with no glides lol.

Are you sure your back is hurting from pushing a wand for 6 years .. or is it that youre not drinking enough water to lubricate those muscles - keeping them flexible !! Along with keeping them stretched - which is important in our field of work !! Our repetitive motion builds a very tight muscle !!

Reactions: Josh

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Ive been doing PT and core strengthening for years now and yes, I drink plenty of fluids. I herniated a disc 7 years ago and kept working through it and just eventually damaged all the discs above it to the point where they are now stage 4 annul tears and leaking. Arthritis in my sacral joint as well. We won't even get into my cervical spine issues!
Plain and simple, carpet cleaning does a number on our bodies, that is why it is vital to have the right tools, and the proper form and care.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Ive been doing PT and core strengthening for years now and yes, I drink plenty of fluids. I herniated a disc 7 years ago and kept working through it and just eventually damaged all the discs above it to the point where they are now stage 4 annul tears and leaking. Arthritis in my sacral joint as well. We won't even get into my cervical spine issues!
Plain and simple, carpet cleaning does a number on our bodies, that is why it is vital to have the right tools, and the proper form and care.

Ouch !!!!!

Im sorry to hear that !!

Youre such a trooper to barrel through !!

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Thank you.....just let it be a lesson to all.
Take care of your backs and if it means spending a bit more for the proper equipment do it, because you only have one body and the cost of equipment is much cheaper than the cost of permanent damage to yourself.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
There is an organization that was started by two local people who just took some spare money to bring food to the elderly and those with food insecurity. They started a gofundme and have done pretty okay with that. A lot of local restaurants have been donating to them part of their sales for a specific evening. Living in a college town with high rent costs affects a lot of people. There are a lot of families who rent here rather than own a home.

Now they've become an official 503c and they've really ran with it.

Anyways - I am working with them on finding a great source to be able to take donations by credit card because gofundme takes 7-8% somewhere in there. All the proceeds go toward the cause which is great. I hooked them up with a Wordpress website that will allow them to grow. Eventually we'll add e-commerce to it and they'll see t-shirts and baked good and things like that locally. The website is brownbagfoodproject dot org I am completing donating my services whenever they need something web related. Eventually they want to be able to pay me something when they get off the ground more, but they'd like to expand to all of NW Ohio. Hopefully they can expand even further than that. They're able to help 3-4 families a day as it sits.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom