that famous Phoenix Spyder..

Mikey P

Administrator
Carpet in offices, community centers, businesses etc..

My SCruz team will get the Spyder after I modify a couple of things

Both machines will be used many times a month, but unfortunately Commercial is less than 20% of our income

I'm working on young that percentage in NV

My snowflakes in CA don't like to work past Marty's nap time

Reactions: Condog

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Carpet in offices, community centers, businesses etc..

My SCruz team will get the Spyder after I modify a couple of things

Both machines will be used many times a month, but unfortunately Commercial is less than 20% of our income

I'm working on young that percentage in NV

My snowflakes in CA don't like to work past Marty's nap time
A great use for op machines in the winter when it's too cold to run your truck mount, is to use something like hydroxy encap for salt and ice melt removal. Many commercial buildings need their entries done and it does get tracked further into the buildings.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Anyone that knows sheeit from shinola knows Oh-Pee cleans better than scum'n run cimex

problem is, it's a larger PITA factor to clean halfazz right (meaning using enough bonnets/pads and not scum 'n run 1000+sf pr pad)
May as well drive the scum slurry to the backing w/cimex if actual cleaning (halfazz as it may be) isn't the goal

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Trying soaking your cotton pads in hot water and then run them with an OP on dirty commercial areas.

that's why Gurkink was able to sell his Abstraction juice

it was pee water that made Procyon look like a nuke juice

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
that's why Gurkink was able to sell his Abstraction juice

it was pee water that made Procyon look like a nuke juice

..L.T.A.
I don’t know about that, the wet pad thing I learned through trial and error. Guerkink once told me a wet pad would extract dog diarrhea.

I hear their business practices are really good these days.

• Haha

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don’t know about that, the wet pad thing I learned through trial and error. Guerkink once told me a wet pad would extract dog diarrhea.

I'm not one to clean dog diarrhea with a towel ....wet or otherwise..

BUTT...

do know Abstraction was garbage .. (colloidal silver notwithstanding)
And that wet cotton pads rock...for about 2-3 sq yrds and/or turn to shreds after a handful of cleaning/laundered cycles

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I'm not one to clean dog diarrhea with a towel ....wet or otherwise..

BUTT...

do know Abstraction was garbage .. (colloidal silver notwithstanding)
And that wet cotton pads rock...for about 2-3 sq yrds and/or turn to shreds after a handful of cleaning/laundered cycles

..L.T.A.
I definitely knew the diarrhea thing was fake news and never tried it. Unfortunately, some probably did.
My cotton pads do get dirty fast when wet, but still better than pulling 400 feet of hose, even if I had a machine capable of 400 feet.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Trying soaking your cotton pads in hot water and then run them with an OP on dirty commercial areas. It's magical. That bridges the gap between HWE and VLM... on CGD only.
This perplexes me and keeps me up at night. First, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are out of your mind. I hear from all sorts of guys that the best way to encap is to soak your pad first. So here is my mental issue; If the pad is soaked in water, doesn't the water take up the place where soil will be soaked up into? Why isn't it better to start with a dry pad, spray the floor heavily with encap, and let the soils wick up into the pad and have the heat created by the pad activate the polymers that make the encap so effective? I know starting out with a wet pad is better for the life of the pad, causing less friction and wear. Unless the encap juice magicially bonds with the soil through emulsification and then through anti-gravity principles have it defy physics and lift up into the water filled pad, replacing the water with soil.

I just don't understand it. Why not start out with a dry pad, do 400 sqft, look at the bottom, then say, "Yup it's dirty, time to get a clean one.".

The theory I can understand is: The water in the pre-soaked pad helps smear the soils around evenly. If you are lucky and by chance, some soils will smear onto the pad. The end result will be a clean looking carpet.

How do I do it? Well confession time. I never "Soak" my pads. I just get them damp to break the friction and reduce wear. I believe that by soaking them fills the pad with water molecules leaving less room for soil convection.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
This perplexes me and keeps me up at night. First, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are out of your mind. I hear from all sorts of guys that the best way to encap is to soak your pad first. So here is my mental issue; If the pad is soaked in water, doesn't the water take up the place where soil will be soaked up into? Why isn't it better to start with a dry pad, spray the floor heavily with encap, and let the soils wick up into the pad and have the heat created by the pad activate the polymers that make the encap so effective? I know starting out with a wet pad is is better for the life of the pad, causing less friction wear. Unless the encap juice magicially bonds with the soil through emulsification and then through anti-gravity principles have it defy physics and lift up into the water filled pad, replacing the water with soil.

I just don't understand it. Why not start out with a dry pad, do 400 sqft, look at the bottom, then say, "Yup it's dirty, time to get a clean one.".

The theory I can understand is: The water in the pre-soaked pad helps smear the soils around evenly. If you are lucky and by chance, some soils will smear onto the pad. The end result will be a clean looking carpet.

How do I do it? Well confession time. I never "Soak" my pads. I just get them damp to break the friction and reduce wear. I believe that by soaking them fills the pad with water molecules leaving less room for soil convection.
90% of the time, use a dry pad. I’m talking about areas that really need some help.

What cleans better, a wet washcloth or dry?

After we clean up the mess, we follow up with a dry pad, usually MF.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
90% of the time, use a dry pad. I’m talking about areas that really need some help.

What cleans better, a wet washcloth or dry?

After we clean up the mess, we follow up with a dry pad, usually MF.
Your post just triggered something that has been on my mind for awhile. It was a great opportunity to spout my thoughts.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I never "Soak" my pads.
I just get them damp to break the friction and reduce wear. I believe that by soaking them fills the pad with water molecules leaving less room for soil convection.

welp, instead of "believing" what you "think".....it doesn't take a Phd to do a side by side on a trashed area

~THE OneEyE'dOne~

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
welp, instead of "believing" what you "think".....it doesn't take a Phd to do a side by side on a trashed area

~THE OneEyE'dOne~

..L.T.A.
Hey, what size wrench do I need to use to pull off the oil sending unit on a '71 FE390?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hey, what size wrench do I need to use to pull off the oil sending unit on a '71 FE390?

'71?

easy

1574011360266.png

REAL Irwin Visgrips ....not the cheap knockoffs.....

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This perplexes me and keeps me up at night. First, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are out of your mind. I hear from all sorts of guys that the best way to encap is to soak your pad first. So here is my mental issue; If the pad is soaked in water, doesn't the water take up the place where soil will be soaked up into? Why isn't it better to start with a dry pad, spray the floor heavily with encap, and let the soils wick up into the pad and have the heat created by the pad activate the polymers that make the encap so effective? I know starting out with a wet pad is better for the life of the pad, causing less friction and wear. Unless the encap juice magicially bonds with the soil through emulsification and then through anti-gravity principles have it defy physics and lift up into the water filled pad, replacing the water with soil.

The only reason that we wet the pads initially was so that we don't start them dry and do damage to the carpet. With the Sprayborg, I usually just mist the area ahead of the machine and set the pad down in it to start. After that the pad is lubricated enough. The problem I have with the absorbent pads is that unless you change them religiously after so many sqft., you might as well have been using a fibre scrub pad. I can see switching to absorbent pads for particularly soiled areas or for better drying but in the long run, the fibre pads do exactly the same. You have to learn to trust your encap solution to do what it says it does. I am finding that in the few buildings that I have switched from hwe to encap, the carpets have the same or better appearance and don't resoil any quicker.

Back
Top Bottom