That Whittaker makes a nice prescubber

Bob Foster

Picked up this 20 inch with a tank and two sets of brushes on Craigslist for a good deal a while back. First time I used it today. Beats the hell out of a Sebo and not that heavy.

Prescrub.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a 15 inch GLS. It's a great tool. I used to like it for residential prescrubbing, but once I got a shampoo brush for my 175, I have grown to like the rotary better.

I also grew tired of picking up the fuzz balls the GLS digs out of the carpet. It's a good thing it digs them out, but you get tired of dealing with them after awhile.

Rambo

Marty, what kind and where did you get the shampoo brush, also how $$$, thanks, yor ole Ga buddy.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
I have a 15 inch GLS. It's a great tool. I used to like it for residential prescrubbing, but once I got a shampoo brush for my 175, I have grown to like the rotary better.

I also grew tired of picking up the fuzz balls the GLS digs out of the carpet. It's a good thing it digs them out, but you get tired of dealing with them after awhile.

I have been pushing the Prochem Procaps machine for pre-scrubbing. What you pick up will blow you away(no more fuzz balls Marty). The Procaps blows away the Whitaker/Brush Pro etc. Didn't you play with it at Mikeyfest Bob?

Just wait until I get Mikey using one then you all will have to get one or you'll all be hacks again! It makes that much of a difference :p

Brian L

Name
Brian L
What balls you have using the blue brushes on residential. Did you get grey brushes with it also?

The Preacher

grey brushes are the bomb for 75% of the carpet you'll clean!

MArdy i agree that a 175 kicks butt, but it ain't near as easy as a GLS!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, I can see how your fat ass might have trouble lifting a rotary machine, danny, but any normal, heterosexual male would find a 15 or 17 inch rotary quite handy.

Ray:
I think I bought it from Hesco, years ago. They had two gages of brushes and I got the lighter one. It works on most residential, but I wish I'd bought both, cuz the stiffer one would be nice on tile scrubbing.

I think I paid like $35 for the brush.

Bob Foster

The guy hasn't sent me the other brushes. Which reminds me I got to bug him again.

John, I was too busy with testing and never got much chance to play with stuff.

Name
steve snail
John's spot on with his recommendation of the procaps machine. Have had mind for 6-7 months and use it almost every day, and I clean clean carpets (no pig pens) sorry marty. Procaps machine is 40 lbs maybe, my 175 is heavy and a pain to carry in and up and down stairs.

Jimbo

Now if you were a vlm/encapsulate kinda guy...you could just walk away right then and call it good, Bob!

Bob Foster

That is what the guy was doing that I bought it from. Last night I used my 3 padded smunge machine (Cimex) on the local video store.

I should have tried the GLS for smunging. It has a tank with electric sprayer.

Those extra brushes for the GLS are $105 each (you need two) on the Whittaker site. Anyone know where I can get them for less?

Rambo

Bob, you can get brushes from Jim England at smart-cleaning-solutions.com at a much better price. Before you order them, I would measure those brushes, it looks like a 15" machine to me. I use blue brushes 95% of the time on residential.

Brad_Smith

I'm sure telfon imported greenie.

My 175 weighs 105 pounds. I just can't get excited about taking it upstairs. So off the truck and replaced by my tmpro at half the weight. I too am already sick of the shit piles.

I do love driving the 175 though.

The Preacher

admiralclean said:
Well, I can see how your fat ass might have trouble lifting a rotary machine, danny, but any normal, heterosexual male would find a 15 or 17 inch rotary quite handy.

most men like me could lift a Cimex in and out of my van, and a normal hetrosexual would use a 17-20" rotary not a whimpy 15"you freaking turd burglar!!! :x

Greenie

Brad_Smith said:
I'm sure telfon imported greenie.

What makes you say that? Dupont may charge top dollar for their formula, but it ain't coming from China....and somehow, someway that money will stay in the country...and that can't be a bad thing.

Buy American or don't, I don't care, just don't defend imported stuff when you are gassing up at $5 a gal.

I have identified every supplied item, tool and material we use, I am intentionally eliminating chinese imports from our company's purchases, even if it cost more, and I'm sure they do. I am also encouraging our distributors to do the same....it's a bitch for some, but the right thing to do. Your children deserve a stronger country that actually makes more than it imports.

TimP

I tell you what I can get a cimex in a truck myself by lifting but I damn sure wont do it multiple times a day. My RX is easy in comparison and I use it with the bonnet attachment to scrub my carpet. I'd love to give a icapsol a try or a gls. But they are about 1000-3000 bucks out of my budget for one.

Jose Smith

I started pre-scrubbing carpet with a 175 in 1995. I got the GLS 4 years ago and love it. Great for scrubbing (Great Little Scrubber) prespray in. Awesome for encapsulating commercial. The absolute best on grout lines.

I also have a Procaps, but prefer the GLS.

Jose Smith

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I am intentionally eliminating chinese imports from our company's purchases, even if it cost more, and I'm sure they do. I am also encouraging our distributors to do the same....it's a bitch for some, but the right thing to do. Your children deserve a stronger country that actually makes more than it imports.

Amen Greenie!

R

R W

I use the ProCaps machine, but the GLS seems like it might be a little more aggresive.

I checked out the GLS 20 or so years ago before encapping was cool.....

Whittacres is only about 20 miles down the road from me, over the border in PA. I almost bought one back then, but the store wouldn't take me out on a demo. I brought a few pieces of scrap carpet, and it worked well, but I wanted to see a demo in a real setting. I think they dropped the ball back then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom