That's it I'm done................................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am hanging up my 2.5 hose in the garage until someone comes up with a better way of rolling it up on the reels................

I bet I am working a extra hour a day playing with this stuff
and it is not playing nice.........

somebody call Schoeny...............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no you have to do it with the 2 inch and figure out where you want it and then have to pull more 2 inch off then you need or just not enough for each job..........I am pulling off....and winding up...500 more feet of hose then I carry buy the end of the day.............

Greenie

Hang tight Jim, Split reel isn't far off.

You single wand right?

Where does your particular storage issue come in?

From memory, You have a 50' section of 2" for a lead, and then 100' of 2.5" right?

How often do you pull more than 150?

Or am I totally wrong and you dual more often than single wand?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do single wand.........

I only have a 50 ft of 2.5

I normally park on the street so my distances vary quite a bit........

DryMaster

I got my 2.5 from Greenie last week. I can tell almost no difference in hose management. I have 50 feet of 2 inch on the reel, then 50 feet of 2.5 then 50 feet of 2 inch which is the "house hose". I pull off the house hose and the 2.5 and plug the 2.5 into the dual pool filters. If I need an extra 50 feet, I pull off the inner 2 inch and splice it between the 2.5 and the "house hose". Not hard at all to do but my machine is now ATOMIC powered!! The combination of going from one pool filter to 2 and adding the 2.5 is simply amazing! BTW I am running a Roots 45 powered by a Kohler 20. I'm really pissed that I didn't know about this 20 years ago.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
jim,

2 options for ya:

keep the 2.5" rolled separately wrapped up and hung on a hook in the back of the truck.

buy 2 more sections of 2.5" and keep 150' of 2.5 on the reel all the time with your 50' 2" as your lead. that would be my choice.

I keep all 2.5" (4 or 5) on the reel all the time with 50' 2". You will like the vacuum much better. The hose will easy up after about a month. The cuffs are different story, but doable.

Bryan

Greenie

Single Operators are the easy fix, once you open the 2.5 door you will never go back, especially on a 68 blower at 18"hg.

Jim tell me this, would adding another 50' of 2.5 simplify everything?

Only time you would have to even think about more than a pull and go would be runs over 150, and even then you would be heading back to the truck anyways to grab the next section, so it would be nothing to grab a length of 2" and take it inside.

Very doable.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
once the reel thing gets figured out I was going to BUY another length....

Name
Jesse
Why don't you put it on the reel last. When you unroll take your lead end and hook it to your vac port. Then roll whats on the reel out toward your target. When your half way there unhook from the reel and take the 2" end in and clean away. If you clamp your 2.5 - 2" connector into those two hoses they wont separate and your always going to use them in the same order. When finished take your cleaning end of the hose to the reel and roll it up. Pull the 2.5 off the vac port and your done.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I agree that the 2.5 is a litttle bulky compared to the 2" but the biggest problem I have is getting that one length of 2.5 to roll up with the other 3 rolls of 2". Has to be a perfect rollup or it doesn't fit on the reel. Other than that, I love the 2.5.

G

Jim, why do you have a need for 2.5 inch hose? I must be missing something or maybe I clean completely different. Today I cleaned my own house and protected with Cobb's Ultra seal. Carpets were dry to the touch in under 2 hours, closer to 1.5. I'm sure I could find some damp areas, but they were dry.

I find this same experience in pretty much all my residential jobs.......which is why i ask is the 2.5 important in our climate. And especially with your bigger machine?

Sorry Greenie, not trying to steer biz away from you!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
because I use to clean with a RX but it broke and was not fixable......

so in the process of finding another I was offered by mike to forget the rx and try the 2.5 and 18 flow jets with a manifold.........

it has made a great difference.......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got 150' of 2' rolled on the reel, then 50' of 3", then my inhouse roll of 2". If the 2.5 is a problem you should try a 3" length! But it works fine. I take the first 50' into the house, then pull the 3" off and usually the two lengths meet at the front door. If I'm going 150' out I pull another 50' of 2" off and put it in the middle.

I'd like to have 200' of 2.5 then 50' of 2". No lookin back after that!

bubba

I feel so stupid for asking this... what does using 2.5 do for you?

I have a Pro Chem 150. Maybe I don't know because the blower is smaller.

I'm probably buying one of the larger machines this week... It's a Pro chem and right at 16k. I think that has the bigger blower on it. Guess I'll have to ask them about it.

And I thought I knew it all. ha.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bubba said:
I feel so stupid for asking this... what does using 2.5 do for you?

I have a Pro Chem 150. Maybe I don't know because the blower is smaller.

I'm probably buying one of the larger machines this week... It's a Pro chem and right at 16k. I think that has the bigger blower on it. Guess I'll have to ask them about it.

And I thought I knew it all. ha.

Dont feel stupid about the hose issue...

feel stupid about spending 16k and not knowing what it has on it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was thinking about the challenges you're having with the 2.5

If you're having such a challenge with 2.5", how are these poor fools handling the 4" that was being talked about recently!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom