The 175 humpety bumpety...

Bob Foster

How do you get the 175 to rotate smoothy on my little machine? I have the pad on straight but it still wants to humpety bumpety a bit.

Love to get one of those 360i's.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Are you saturating the pad or bonnet with prespray first? Sounds like you might have too much friction.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tip it back, power off, and carefully rotate the drive block by hand. Watch for "wobble" because you likely have a high spot or loose clutch plate (the little metal mounting plate with three spokes).

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've never used a pad, always a brush, so I don't have that issue with the 175. It seems retarded to use something you have to throw away after a few days or weeks when a single brush will last for many years and do the same thing.

Bob Foster

Jim Williams said:
Are you saturating the pad or bonnet with prespray first? Sounds like you might have too much friction.

More slippery than goose shit on a wet lawn...

Ryan

Readjust your handle, sometimes they just do that.... might look into a new pad driver like Lee suggested.

What brand of machine are you using and which pads?

Bob Foster

Ryan said:
Readjust your handle, sometimes they just do that.... might look into a new pad driver like Lee suggested.

What brand of machine are you using and which pads?

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
dont lock the handle down just let or maybee its the otherway around. but give it a shot I think i tried that a time before with good results.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had several PH buffers identical to that. The little ones are much less stable than the bigger heavier ones. Don't run it without locking the handle or you will regret the experience.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Art Kelley said:
I've never used a pad, always a brush, so I don't have that issue with the 175. It seems retarded to use something you have to throw away after a few days or weeks when a single brush will last for many years and do the same thing.

Try Tuway pads from Cobb's or CCS. (Don't remember where I got mine, they've lasted me at least five-six years.) Will last at least a hundred jobs each and scrub better than a brush, imho.

Bob Foster

All good info guys. I think I will throw one of those tuways I got from Clark Lancaster and try it. I think the small machine stability makes sense. I don't have a problem with my bigger Clarke machine.

IMG_1087.jpg

John Watson

More slippery than goose shit on a wet lawn...

Bobby, No wonder you are having rocking problems, you seen the size of those Canadian Geese turds??? Them suckers are HUMUNGUS. Couple of years ago they had to exterminate abunch of them cause they wouldn't go home... and they were poluting our parks and beaches..Kids were tripping over them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've had several PH buffers identical to that. The little ones are much less stable than the bigger heavier ones. Don't run it without locking the handle or you will regret the experience.
I think Lee is right, the little guy doesn't have the weight or cover the area that a bigger machine does and so it can be a little bumpier.

We have a small Hild that size and it can bump a bit, on uneven concrete.

Ryan

I'm not familar with those... but like I said some scrubbers just do that...

Mytee's new ones are nice :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom