The Bees Knees....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Met with the Surgeon on Monday....

Knees are goners…..:errf:

Surgery to clean up the left knee on October 9, 2018 :eekk:

Could have gotten in earlier, but too many commitments including daughters wedding on Sept 29.

They gave me shots in each knees....made me sign a waiver that I could get hot flashes during the shots from the solution....(figured would help through Mikey's fest and such)

Holy Mother of.....First shot I kind of felt and a bit of steamy flash....:eekk:

Second Knee....I was like "I am so sorry for what my wife must have been going through!":eekk::eekk::eekk:

They asked if I needed to lay down....as I started to sweat Bullets... :icon_redface:

Took the offer (normally would have said no....but easier to get me on the table with my help and not passed out on the floor):errf:

Cool wet wash cloth....5-10 minutes of getting my senses back....and they passed me to my wife....

I am told they will do shots from time to time until I get old enough for new knees.... :dejection:

I should have been like Marty and took up naps for my hobby....

2018-08-13 18.05.03.jpg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Wow Mark. You are in for a bad stretch, but if you set things up now to run without your on-the-job presence, your company will be fine. So will you, by Springtime.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Start looking around at the local assisted living centers for used motorized wheelchairs.
They usually have them parked by the front entry with for sale signs...............for those who have DIED.

I can see you using one to go down the main street or on the sidewalks like they do here.

BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE A STEPHEN HAWKINGS!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
My dad just had to have surgery to remove infection from his knee. Had water on the knee amd never got it taken care from climbing in and out of semi trailers all day. Doc said flooring installers commonly get it too. Anywho, fluid went septic on him and had he waited another week doc said he would have lost his leg from the knee down. Looked like a baseball of puss pocket on knee and went all down his leg. Hospitalized him for 5 days and when the meds got the infection out of his lower leg and brought it to his knee is when it got baseball size. Couldn't be drained by a needle, had to be cut open and scooped out.

My dad is stubborn and had missed a lot of work from his heart attack and didn't want to miss more because of this. Knee had been that swollen for 3 weeks before he finally couldn't take it anymore. Crazy ol' man.

FB_IMG_1531400684820.jpg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Steven, thanks for sharing, not! That’s awful! So my partner was getting shots in her knee for 2 yrs. May 1, she had knee replacement. Pretty long recovery time, but is doing good now. It was a 2 person job!! $148k no kidding. Just an old floor tech, janitor.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mark a friend your age has had both knees replaced and a hip. Best thing he has ever done. He is a jack of all trades master of none.

Installs tile and hardwood mostly.

Your after life is all in the recovery. You gotta be patient and not go hard to soon.

Dr. didn't know how my friend was walking much less working on his old knees.

You could just knock them both out at the same time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom