the best cool cuffs ever made.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
003-4.jpg

I have been using these cuffs since early '04 I think, they still seal better than a brand new one with the latches, I don't care if you pull it fresh off the shelf. they don't come apart, I can think of only a handful of times I have had to reconnect them in 6 years, that is with the hoses all waded up etc. they don't need the stupid latch. it sucks that joe doesn't realize what a good product he really had.

lance

Ya, but maybe if you unconnected/reconnected them on a daily basis they would have not lasted as long?

Nowadays, the hose from the TM to the door can be 2.5 and not 50 feet long. The first hose should be long enough to go up to the house most of the time and the other hoses would then be "inside" hoses most of the time.

That way there are less connections needed.....aren't C.Cuffs really made for commercial multi-story cleaning? Long hose runs seems to be where the cuffs would shine.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
lance said:
Ya, but maybe if you unconnected/reconnected them on a daily basis they would have not lasted as long?

Nowadays, the hose from the TM to the door can be 2.5 and not 50 feet long. The first hose should be long enough to go up to the house most of the time and the other hoses would then be "inside" hoses most of the time.

That way there are less connections needed.....aren't C.Cuffs really made for commercial multi-story cleaning? Long hose runs seems to be where the cuffs would shine.

no actually they have been taken apart every day, and so has the rest of my original set that first outfitted my hoses. my point is even after all that use, they are still superior to a brand new set. BTW these hoses have sucked up mud, sewer and all manor of crap, they haven't been babied.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't think I've ever seen the latchless ones before. I've had the ones with latches for about 4 years. They leak a little but never come apart. I have one pair of the swivel ones and they are a pos. Never fails to come apart when unreeling. It's weird, one really great product and one real pos :?

Albert :lol:

Name
Nate W.
I only have 1 set of cool cuffs that I got in a deal. It's a latch type and seems to not leak.

Where do the leaks originate from? From the part you twist the hose onto or where the male meets the female? I heard of "goop"ing the hose side. I looking to buy some cool cuffs soon.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all the cool cuffs that I have ever used have come from Joe..some of mine are more beat down then the ones in the picture and are still going strong......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve it can't be posted here Joe has spies everywhere. I can say he is going to be really surpised :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

He no more has spies then you do.....how childish......

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've got about 4 sets (of the 8 I run) that have to be at least 4 years old. They are the latch type. They are still in usable condition and I have had no problems with them. When I bought my V, I ordered another 200 ft. of hose and 4 new sets of cool cuffs. At that time I was asked if I wanted the swivel type and it was clear to me that Joe thought the swivel type was superior. (At least that's the way I took it.) I insisted on the latch type because I just couldn't see how the swivel kind would stay together.

Does anyone have the swivel type and like them?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I run swivels and have had no problems with then at all....keeps my hose's from twisting all up....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
[quote="John Olson":1siewkzi]Steve it can't be posted here Joe has spies everywhere. I can say he is going to be really surpised :shock:

He no more has spies then you do.....how childish......[/quote:1siewkzi]

LOL Jim you been around long enough to tell a joke...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL...I don't know anything about spy's....I do know that when I need something and have talked to him he has always treated me good and has always been nice to talk to....all orders have been on time and his stuff has always worked and held up....that is all I can go by........

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I agree with Jim I have bought a number of things from Joe and he has always delivered as promised. My swivels are about 3 years old and the only time I ever had a problem it was my fault for not twisting them together all the way.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I heard sal is going to be redesigning the old gray cuffs, so they actually work, maybe after then we will have a better cuff. jim, you are such a kiss ass, if you think joe is anthing less than one step below hannibal lectur you haven't been around this industry very much. one day his crazy loonitick self will bite him in the ass, I think its going to happen sooner rather than later.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Call it how you see fit...I am not one to jump on the band wagon of hate just because a few don't like someone....until he does something wrong to me I will continue to support his products...If my honestly bothers you then just move on..........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim I said the exact same thing almost word for word 4 years ago. Everything is posted on here and the ice archives

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have swivels and latched. The swivels suck, well maybe that's not the right term cause they leak like a sob, they've come apart a couple of times but it's the leaking the bothers me. Oh and as far as keeping you're hoses from getting knots they are way OVERRATED. In fact I really don't see any advantage to the swivels at all.

The latched on the other hand are great.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just lube them up now and then so they swivel real free and they will serve you well.......

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
steve g said:
[quote="Shane T":ufr6sxgi][quote="John Olson":ufr6sxgi]Super Lube
pACE3-5758517dt.jpg
How do you get the lube into the swivel?[/quote:ufr6sxgi]

you put it on your probe first.[/quote:ufr6sxgi]
I must be slow. What probe?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There is a real good lubracant in a spray can that does the trick when I get home I will get you the name

steampro

Name
Ryan
I used to order a few things from Joe and they always showed up and I never had a problem at all with the guy until not long ago I email him about ordering something and his reply is "dont you want to order from GG?" Sorry but I dont have time to play B.S. games like that.

As far as the cuffs, Jim Im interested in this spray too as mine never swivel.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Jim Martin said:
I run swivels and have had no problems with then at all....keeps my hose's from twisting all up....

Same here. Mine are subject to sub zero temps most of the year and still work like new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom