The best thing in life...

D

Deleted member 51539

Without the Felt Ring to support the weight of the machine (noticed he said heavy duty coupler several times)

I predict many failed shafts or bearings...

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Richard they swapped the carbon tube for what looks like a stainless or aluminum tune like mikey stated needed changed when it came out.

So I can only imagine mikey is just laughing and dancing around his house saying I told him so! I told him so and Paula is just starring at him thinking he is staying crazy.

FredC

Village Idiot
Richard,

Here is the handle they used to use:

trex_zpsac7f3080.jpg

:D

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I don't know how that company stays in business with all of the replacement parts they have to ship out.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Name
Lee Stockwell
R&D means Research and Development to everyone else...

How many people have his rx 20 clone? So many half baked ideas are now on ICE for John.

Reactions: Mikey P

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
All manufacturers have products that have failed in the real world . . .

Only a very few of them,

actually stand behind their product.

Larry

That's understandable Larry, but at what point should a company buy back a product that will not ever work right and how many different defective products can a company produce before their credibility is completely shot?

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How do you know it will never work right?
It seems like they are correcting the issue.

I, for one, am happy that they are trying. Once there's only one dominant manufacturer, that's when you'll see the prices skyrocket and the quality plunge. With all the grumbling (some of it justified) about Mytee quality control, at least they are trying and coming out with new products all the time. That eventually leads to improvement

In my book they're all right.
Can they do better? Yes.
Do they stand behind their products? Yes.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I think Mytee has some excellent ideas and innovations. I use several of their products daily.

However as my dad loved to say "the bottleneck is always at the top". Thus I fault John for not taking needed constructive criticism well.

MB allowed him a chance to see problems honestly exposed before inadvertently flooding the market with expensive mistakes.

Reactions: Ron K and Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
That's understandable Larry, but at what point should a company buy back a product that will not ever work right and how many different defective products can a company produce before their credibility is completely shot?

I have posted plenty of product failures from manufacturers & advertisers.

Prochem Ti wand with SS tube was another, I saw this week.

Customer said he had discussed the problem to no avail.

Most of the manufacturers did not proactively, replace the products.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardie

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I have no idea about this gear having yet to by any of this stuff. I must admit that I like the way Mytee seem to back the product regardless of the issue. Being on the other side of the world is kind of a concern though.

I would like to get into a new extractor at some point. What that will be scares me a little because there ar so many manufacturers and there seems no real consensus on who has it down.

Grant

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Grant;

The Mytee 1005DX with the new Cat Pump is the extractor I would look at.

It can clean carpet or Grout/Tile with top efficiency.

Available in 240 VAC also.

Larry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
One thing not mentioned was the spray jets on the pad driver plate. Applying encap product through the fiber pad without a tank on the machine could really speed up the cleaning process on a large commercial job. You could use an old fashioned portable extractor with a 12 gal holding tank and a 100 psi pump as the feeding pump for the Trex encap system. That would make good use of an old porty I'm sure we all have collecting dust somewhere. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-ViZwF964#t=176

Reactions: Ron K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom