The best thing in life...

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Grant;

The Mytee 1005DX with the new Cat Pump is the extractor I would look at.

It can clean carpet or Grout/Tile with top efficiency.

Available in 240 VAC also.

Larry
Larry about that.... How much are the replacement motors and pumps in 240v vs 120v versions? The current Bissell Big Green extractor is a 120v unit and I have a very large step down transformer to use it. Now that I have this device the voltage issue is not really a problem. If the 120v parts are cheaper (and given that the 120v market is so much bigger I'd expect them to be) then I'd rather stick with 120v equipment.

If there is parity (which seems unlikely) then I would be happy to buy a 240v unit when the time comes.

What is that unit worth Larry, and do you ship internationally?

Grant

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Larry about that.... How much are the replacement motors and pumps in 240v vs 120v versions? The current Bissell Big Green extractor is a 120v unit and I have a very large step down transformer to use it. Now that I have this device the voltage issue is not really a problem. If the 120v parts are cheaper (and given that the 120v market is so much bigger I'd expect them to be) then I'd rather stick with 120v equipment.

If there is parity (which seems unlikely) then I would be happy to buy a 240v unit when the time comes.

What is that unit worth Larry, and do you ship internationally?

Grant
BUMP......

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I thought that motors are also affected by the 50 versus 60 Hertz, does the step down transformer take care of that?

I have the Mytee DX 105. A few Little annoying shortcomings but a good powerful unit none the less.
I usually run 50 feet, occasionally 75 feet of 2" hose, very decent vacuum.

Lefty724

Name
E
I like and use Mytee products everyday as well. I think Mytee is missing out by not being here. John is a good guy and stands behind his products.

If I was inventing something tomorrow that had to do with carpet cleaning, you better believe Mikey would be the first to get his hands on it.

Mikey's experience and "tell it exactly how it is" attitude are perfect for R&D IMO.

Reactions: Mikey P
D

Deleted member 51539

Mytee (or Melty- depending on if you had a fire with your unit or not) trolls all the boards to "invent" their next new product.

I was joking when I posted the "truckmount booster" and to my suprise Melty has built a line around it.

Ask The Devastator guy why this doesn't work... He has the extreme example- 2 blowers on one tank.

Here is a fun expirment...

Everyone with a Melty that uses 2 cords and a circuit locator.

Plug one in the house, and plug the other in a generator..... Count to 10.... Then put out the fire...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Most people dont like constructive criticism in public, it is the most helpful but the most painful also.

Name
I'm Rick James
How well do you guys think it will evenly lay down the encap juice?

Mytee tries at least.. my bentley swivel wand broke and mytee sent out replacement parts almost right away.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I was joking when I posted the "truckmount booster" and to my suprise Melty has built a line around it.

Interesting you should mention that - I have posted two features in years past (that I incorporated into my own custom-built porty) that have shown up in Mytee designs. Is it a case of using my ideas or just two great minds that think alike? No way to know for sure.

Here is a fun experiment...

Everyone with a Melty that uses 2 cords and a circuit locator.

Plug one in the house, and plug the other in a generator..... Count to 10.... Then put out the fire...

This is not a Mytee-specific thing. Others also use two 120V circuits to create a 240V 'virtual' circuit. The two circuits must be synchronized with each other (come from the same utility). Doesn't matter who makes the device it won't work.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I thought that motors are also affected by the 50 versus 60 Hertz, does the step down transformer take care of that?

I have the Mytee DX 105. A few Little annoying shortcomings but a good powerful unit none the less.
I usually run 50 feet, occasionally 75 feet of 2" hose, very decent vacuum.

Vacuum cleaners (including extractors) use brush motors. These motors are not frequency sensitive. They are also called DC motors.

Floor machines, many CRBs and older rotary extractor wands use induction motors. These are frequency sensitive.

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom