The big scoop on Bob Savage Extreme Beast

Greg Loe

I haven't had ANY problems with my generator. It's just something that takes up some room, but not much. I didn't buy it to have less room. It's just a little smaller than a regular tm.

Set up and tear down gets old having to always put the vac booster at the homes front door. . Just a pain when you have a 50 section of hose, inline filter, small 3 ft section of hose, then the vac booster, then another 50 section of hose to the van. That's really my only pain with the system.

Suction is great when setup with last 50ft section of hose, still good at the 100 ft but just better at 50. Got lucky one time and cleaned at 600 ft from van. Moved both vacs into building where the was a washer setup, so I had a drain for waist pump out. I had full vac with just 1 50 section of hose. The people had never had their carpet cleaned because no one could reach it. Weird place, they lived in the warehouse/shop, up stairs living quaters. 5k home that was incredible.

Vac power is like a small #4 blower or large #3. If you're cleaning with both blowers on 1 50 section you at a #4.

I DON"T BREAK DOWN!

I have had problems but not like any system will, almost nothing will stop me from fixing it real fast. I have cleaned with cold water before because I broke my temp sensor wire myself at a job. Just went down to the pressure washer shop in town and replaced it.
It comes with the water otter for water pressure. This is the only real system problem I've had in 1 and a half years of having it. The otter company sent me a rebuild kit to fix it. The internal springs had broke. The replacement springs are a heavier spring. Parts were here in 3 days. I'll get a spair kit later. Easy to replace. 30-45 minutes. One guy who runs Bob's systems has a spare otter. I might do the same later. Get a spare otter and maybe a spare vac motor.

I've ran 6 different systems before and none are as reliable as this. This is it's #1 advantage. GREAT price for what you get and can do with it.

For cleaning wool rugs at home, I don't use the heater, if it's a bleeder.(That rhymed). Most tm's you can only turn the heat down so far. I clean drapes and don't need full suction, so I use only 1 vac. I clean air ducts, and will use my vac booster and 2" hose to suc way down a duct for large debriswhen possible Great pressure for tile and grout. If cleaning an empty house, I plug system up to house power and only cost is for heat(propane).

If I didn't do many other things to make money with my services, and had unlimited money I would get a Butler. But for what I do, what I had to invest, this is the best for me, and will be for a long time.

Comparing to other systems at same price range, you won't get the water pressure this one has. Most systems at that price only have a size 3 blower.
None will have this kind of heat. None will have less problems than this one

G

I almost bought one of them... The only way to get more vac is add booster's... I just crank up my throttle.

Electric's are definetely more reliable.... Maybe i should have...I didn't because i was using electric vac's for 15yrs...It was time to break my bank account.

Greenie

I'm kinda hoping Bob will come in here and give us his 2 cents on smaller generators, I have a question referring to "legs" of the generator receptacles.

Greenie

btw: nothing against Bob at all....but that #4 blower reference cracks me up, I don't like to compare elec. centrifugal vacuum to PD blowers, different animals.

Jim Hadley

My experiences are about the same as Greg. As he mentioned, I do carry an extra water otter is case of breakdown. The SAVAGE has been very reliable with very little down time. I think a couple of electrical switches went bad and I replaced them with a part from Napa Autoparts.
We have been running this unit for about four years and it is a work horse. We have been using this particular unit on one of our three vans and it has been a no brainer. Bob Savage has been available it I had questions and provides excellent service. A good unit for tile and grout because of the excellent apo.
Jim Hadley

DavidVB

I had a Savage for about 9 months. I would agree with much of what was said about its advantages. I can't agree with it being the equivalent of a #4 blower even when I had an extra vac motor hooked up to the base unit. It is adequate for 125 to maybe 150 ft. I was used to a 45 or 47 blower and missed it. I'm running a 56 now and what a difference.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Thanks, Greg, for your post, and thanks to Jim and David for posting their replies.

Greenie, the "legs" of electricity are the 2 hot 110V supplies created by the generator, just as the 2 -110V legs which are brought into your house by your local power company for your house electrical power.

The best way to get the 110 Volt power from a generator is to get one of those cords that are rated at either 20 or 30 amps at 220 Volts on one end, which has 4 separate 110 Volt outlets on the other end. Two of these outlets on this special cord are from one of the 110 Volt legs of 220 Volts, and the other 2 are from the other leg of 220V. These 4 outlets are marked so that you can tell which 2 are from one leg, and which 2 are from the other.

This gives you 2 outlets from one side of the generator, and 2 from the other.

What is your specific question about smaller generators?

Some info:

On the generators, and in the home, there are 2 -110V lead in wires (hot side legs) that supply electricity, which are also rated in amps. The amount of amps available in these legs determines how much usable power you have at your disposal. There are also neutral wires (which go to ground), which are needed to use this electricity.

When you use both of the legs at once without using a neutral wire, you have 220 volts.

When you distribute this power for use at 110 Volts, you want to try and use power from both 110V legs equally, or you can overload one side and trip a breaker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom