The boxer 318 is a good unit ??? brand new

alvarenagao

I am going to buy a boxer 318.. ? do u think I am going to make the right move..

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

TimP

I might check into the Judson TNT in PA that's on sell in the swap meet room. 10 grand and it comes with everything in trailer. Move it in a van sell the trailer for a couple grand and you'll be set.

Either that or buy a new TNT from the Judsons. Truckmountdirect.com

Simple machines....easy to work on....lots of stainless steal. Plumbed right and plenty of heat with an LP heater. Uses about 1 gph I believe in fuel. And I think you can convert it to run on all LP.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I've ran it a few times and I find it a very good machine. Definitely go with the waste tank upgrade though. Solid heat, good pressure and plenty of suction. Good choice even if Mr Olson has other things to say! :lol:

The Preacher

if you don't need much heat, go for it! i ran one and it had a hard time getting above 180. 165-170 was the temp range i saw it maintain.

call Duane Oxley or Judson if your in the southeast, if not buy it and let us have a monthly update on it's performance.

Greenie

Aren't too many 318s out there so I haven't heard much on the heat numbers, I am curious though what wand was being used with the two you demoed Chris? What was the flow rate (jets) and what pressure was the unit running at?

I used to ask Duty Cycle of the trigger (ie: on for 30 sec. off for 30 sec.) but now I just ask for 100% duty cycle and assume someone is keying the trigger for a couple of minutes trying to tax the machine.

I don't ask an 18hp unit to break 200º, I'd be happy with real life numbers in the 175-185 range. nobody is really gonna get better in an entry level machine, if you want entry level high heat might as well just get a fuel burner and be done with it.

At the show, the new PowerClean Liberty showed well, but I think it's a few bucks more than the 318.

Who is your local dealer for service and support?

Name
I'm Rick James
TimP said:
I might check into the Judson TNT in PA that's on sell in the swap meet room. 10 grand and it comes with everything in trailer. Move it in a van sell the trailer for a couple grand and you'll be set.

Either that or buy a new TNT from the Judsons. Truckmountdirect.com

Simple machines....easy to work on....lots of stainless steal. Plumbed right and plenty of heat with an LP heater. Uses about 1 gph I believe in fuel. And I think you can convert it to run on all LP.

Are these machine loud? A friend of mine bought larry cobbs 31 HP and says its very loud that you have to wear ear plugs.

Also is LP better than inline heating?

I have a 3ht and it works great I just dont like the idea of an open flame in the TM.

:mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
alvarenagao said:
I am going to buy a boxer 318.. ? do u think I am going to make the right move..

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

too soon to tell, Carlos
Just not enough of 'em "on the road" yet.

they all look great at demos when all shinny and new.
But the "bugs" in new models "just off the drawing board" don't show up til plenty guys are using them in the "real" world.

having said that, it may very well be an entry level winner
or it might be another HM Sputterfire,
or worse, a Steamway 9100 or Powerclean Liquifoulwer
both were machines that "looked good" on paper and in show rooms, but are problem child POS TMs that have been discontinued
(for good reason)

.,.L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Having sold many units in the past...i feel the biggest problem a newbie has.......is knowing WHAT questions to ask when considering a machine to purchase!
It IS the most common problem that i see!

I find that my FIRST job is to EDUCATE the propective buyer.......and hopefully after that he can make at LEAST a more intelligent decision on which equipment to purchase!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
We used the s bend wand that came with the unit and I believe it had 2 9501 jets in it at 350 psi. They kept anywhere between 200 up to 215 but it was kind of hot out durning the time of testing so that couldv'e helped also. Still a solid entry level machine IMO.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
I find that my FIRST job is to EDUCATE the propective buyer.......and hopefully after that he can make at LEAST a more intelligent decision on which equipment to purchase!

you mean;
"and hopefully after that I can sell them a used, rebuilt Tm"
A TM that is no longer made and the Company that built them is long since out of biz and you have the last 6 drives shafts in the world in your garage.

Bob, this dude in a newbie, not a grease monkey with a fab shop like YOU
now, go peddle those genies in the swaMpmeet rm, and leave this kid alone

..L.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I used one at john-dawn the other day when we were extracting water and it seemed like a good little unit. definitely a step up from the spitfire 3.2, 18hp briggs and a 36 blower. But as others eluded too you would be lucky to get 165-175 temp with 06 jetting because a briggs just will not put out as much heat as a kohler with a heat exchange system. Good starter unit that I was quoted 10,700. :roll:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
JESUS H CHRIST...Larry....not one word was sED about my COMPLETLY BRAND NEW STEAM GENIE PTO DIRECT DRIVE that i have for sale.......not one!

HOWEVER...what's wrong wit..... knowledge?
If a person KNOWS what to look for in a machine...my job is easy!
Problem, most of the time is...they get sucked in by some fast talking snake oil salesman.....FIRST!

SO..it sounds like YOU are against the tree of knowledge also.......now go bow yor hED an' don forget ta CLOSE YOR EYES...too!

morons all.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
and furthermore LARRY:

If I...(a feebleminded old person) can somehow make a person of reasonable intelligence SEE what to LOOK FOR in a machine...why is that a bad thing!
If i am able somehow to convince someone of the virtues of Stainless CNC billet over cast brass or bronze...wouldn't THAT in itsef be a start...on their road to knowledge!

Greenie

Just so the newbies aren't confused, I reference Duane Oxley's standard, a single 06 orifice jet at 600 psi, if the unit will support that, you have something, for a big unit I would want twice that.

The Preacher

i ran one at Connections Fla in May, outside temp was around 80 or so.

the demo guy had the flow going on for about 1 min off 30 seconds, it spiked to 182 one time, then held 170 from then on.

i'd use one for upholstery cleaning, it's a nice looking machine.

buy it and give us your feed back.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
JESUS H CHRIST...Larry....not one word was sED about my COMPLETLY BRAND NEW STEAM GENIE PTO DIRECT DRIVE that i have for sale.......not one!

Don't BS me, Pops
you and I both KNOW you were setting the boy up for "the hook"

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
nope.....yor wrong lARRY!
'cides i had a deposit on my last one recently...and he NEVER came back and i DEcided to keep my brand NEW one for when i get old.. and make up another econOgenie like i sold last time....NOW!

nowlarry YOU saaaaaaaaaaaaaay it.....

i'm sorry bob!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Like Greenbean said: Check the PowerClean Liberty. Bigger motor (25 hp water-cooled Kohler), Kunkle valve, auto pump-out standard.

Judsons also look good for simplicity, but I don't prefer a Briggs motor.

I've ran a 318 and IMO it is the best small truckmount made. I was getting temps around 200-210. It's a better machine than a Prochem blazer, because of the heating system, don't have time to go into details but trust me it is.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with a 318, but if you've got the finances you might look at the 321.

Becker

Name
Becker
LPM had a 318 mounted in a mini van.

Looked like a nice little package.

The Boxer line has been great.

But after all it is a #3 blower and a 18hp motor.

does Nick still sell his 16/36? ya could buy 3. :shock:

Name
R.J. Povio
I demoed a 318.....it was a decent machine, especially for the money. The heat was really impressive for an 18 hp. The reason I didnt buy it was because I did not feel the vaccum was as good as my Hurricane which is also an 18hp. The heat was by far hotter than my hurricane but not the vaccum. The standard vac tank is 50 gallons, which is way too small to do whole houses with furniture. If you upgrade the tank to a 70 gallon you will lose vaccum. I would just buy the APO automatic pump out, and run the standard waste tank to get max vaccum. I would run 2 inch hose the whole way too. Do not even think about running 2 inch to an 1.5 inch whip. The 318 does not come with a tach. I know its probably a 50-75 thing to do yourself, but should be a standard feature on any truckmount. I would recomend this machine for a starter unit or if you do not have far to stretch hoses. I bought a used Blueline Champ and I am reallly happy I spent a little more and got alot more of a machine.

Greenie

RC Eden Carpet Cleaning said:
I've ran a 318 and IMO it is the best small truckmount made. I was getting temps around 200-210. It's a better machine than a Prochem blazer, because of the heating system, don't have time to go into details but trust me it is.

I ask once again, what wand and what jets, and what psi were used with your demo? My average customer is gonna use at least an 06 flow wand if not an 08 flow with a unit that size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom