The Butler 10year warranty vs. the Slide in's 2year warranty.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why haven't they bumped their warranty up to 10years like Butler? They have certainly bumped up their prices.

F

FB7777

Parts and component are covered anywhere from 90 days to 10 Years

1CB23DFD-5A9D-4297-AF9C-9500DDCC2394.png C99DA4E0-3760-4ED9-A5B0-5E823C9BFAAB.png 1A3B9F96-7AD3-4985-9F21-5A3DA3BC2F9E.png 99DAE38D-2264-401D-AB7B-7F9FBD60968C.png

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you actually do all that they require.........and send all the paper work Fred?

One look at that cluster fvck that needed to be filled weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly...................persuaded me to give it up.

But than again, it's a little thing to do for those of you who love spending the weekend under the hood.

So next time when you get overly impressed by that warranty, ask yourself: Am I a hoodie?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you actually do all that they require.........and send all the paper work Fred?

One look at that cluster fvck that needed to be filled weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly...................persuaded me to give it up.

But than again, it's a little thing to do for those of you who love spending the weekend under the hood.

So next time when you get overly impressed by that warranty, ask yourself: Am I a hoodie?

You don't have 6 different pens and a pencil?

Reactions: Mike Draper

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I do and in several languages. Remember where I'm from? :winky:

But even that good hearted forgery ain't worth the hassle. Too much work.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Do Butler require you to make maintenance report to them in order to keep the warranty?

F

FB7777

My first van back in 2002, I filled out the book for the first year and a half and gave up

Since then I haven’t filled them out

And I have NEVER had an issue that would have been covered under their warranty had I filled it out

The machines are well built and everything is overbuilt to last beyond what the warranty covers

Totally agree with you about filling it out, major PITA

Reactions: ruff

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Are you saying that it’s better to have a secretary handle all that paperwork when the service is done?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It's extensive, but not that bad. One minute a day or 3 minutes per week to keep on top of it.
Finally I have the chance to know how a saint would look like. Derek, could you post your picture? :winky:

I agree Fred. So far it has been the most trouble free machine I ever had.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Finally I have the chance to know how a saint would look like. Derek, could you post your picture? :winky:

I agree Fred. So far it has been the most trouble free machine I ever had.
thumbnail (4).jpg

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
And honestly I hate spending time fixing or doing maintenance. That's why I love my Butler.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't see any of the readings recorded. OK is not a reading.

And personally, as heartily honest as you sound, I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't actually read the oil levels. But hey, the boxes are very well checked :winky:

Good work.

Reactions: Cleanworks

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I don't see any of the readings recorded. OK is not a reading.

And personally, as heartily honest as you sound, I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't actually read the oil levels. But hey, the boxes are very well checked :winky:

Good work.

Have you run a Butler? You would have to close your eyes to not see the oil levels.

Except for the van, and no, I don't check that every day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The beauty of the Butler is that they have taken an old proven system and have tweaked it over the years rather than coming out with new improved units every year. They have increased the performance and the reliability by improving an already good system. They are strong and reliable. The weak system is the Chevy Van. They even improve that somewhat compared to other manufacturers

Reactions: Chris A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom