The Cimex's trade off..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
9aruvu7e.jpg

The thing is a BEAST at cleaning CGD, but what I wouldn't have given for some help this morning!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Russ, if you don't mind me asking, roughly how old are you ??

Here's a few pics of my Big Yella 'n me when I was probably about 66-67.

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10275.jpg

SDC10272.jpg

SDC10268.jpg

I still have no problem taking the 'Mex; up four (4) flights of stairs.

I'm still fairly young, don't turn 70 until March next year.

:yoda:

Name
Nate W.

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10275.jpg

SDC10272.jpg

SDC10268.jpg

With all do respect Shorty, if I'm still cleaning carpet @ 45, someone shoot me.... :stir:

I turn 30 this Nov..... I've been in this business too long... And it actually looks like you had a helper to take those pics... :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
That's all she did, take pics 2 & 3, :winky: lazy bugger.

'n she was only 60 then. :icon_rolleyes: :stir:

I find it easier to take it up & down on my own, even if there is a young buck there that wants to help.

I can balance the machine and move it easily where & when I want to.

Hopefully, we will be getting rid of our residential work withing the coming financial year and just be doing commercial & leather.:arrrr:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good for you Shorty! The closest thing to dying is stopping. I think I always will need something to do.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
gotta get the large wheel kit Russ!

we've had a Quarterly account for 7 years now...over 100 steps, up & down. we did it with the small stock wheels for several years before upgrading to the large wheel kit...the difference is huge.

Reactions: Pmatte and Russ T.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Welp...I guess the big wheel kit is the next purchase!

Good man
Soon as you take your first step with it you will kick your self for not having it sooner.

Does anyone have a # for one of Richard's employee's so I can text them about the wheel kit hehehehe :icon_twisted::icon_twisted:
I'm kidding I'm kidding lol

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
For all you naysayers, I'm only going to tell you once.

Since getting my new Sketchers (Shoes, Richard, Shoes), fitted with high heels, I'm now so much higher up that I get nose bleeds.

No walls were damaged in either going up or coming down, This is something I am careful about. :shifty:

Here's a tight one where I really had to be careful, the stairs were ceramic, (read slippery when wet), this was much narrower than our normal stairs, and the return, very bloody acute, it fair scared the crap outta me.

The return was so tight that I actually had one wheel over the edge, closest to the center, with the other wheel in the air as I turned Big Yella. I did go VERY close to the wall with this one, but also had a thick towel draped over the head in case anything went pear shaped. :arrrr:

The timber is on top of the dividing wall.

20140910_141006_zps05b79596.jpg

Going down to the return.

20140910_141019_zps8d0d26ac.jpg

From the return to ground floor.

20140910_141039_zps5c926998.jpg

I can well relate to what David Mirfin said, I have a similar saying that I abide by: Stop moving, start dying.

I do get true satisfaction out of what I do & I believe that this is what keeps me going. Keeping SWMBO in the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed has nothing to do with it. ;) :oldrolleyes: :hopeless:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
:dejection: I don't think you'll remember me when the time comes.... But don't worry, we'll be new friends again.... I'll even help change your Depends if the need arises! :shifty:

Damn you don't know what a comfort that is! :winky:

I know how enticing that sounds, Richard.
However taking into account who the offer came from, if I were you, I'd most definitely consider worrying.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10275.jpg

SDC10272.jpg

SDC10268.jpg

Shorty, I'm 38 and in decent shape. Only @ 5'8" and 175 lbs. I like to think I'm pretty strong for my size but definitely struggle dragging that hog up a flight of stairs. I NEED that big wheel kit. Probably order this week.

Does anyone know how tough it is to install?

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Shorty, I'm 38 and in decent shape. Only @ 5'8" and 175 lbs. I like to think I'm pretty strong for my size but definitely struggle dragging that hog up a flight of stairs. I NEED that big wheel kit. Probably order this week.
Does anyone know how tough it is to install?

Yer taller than me, I struggle to make 5'6&1/2 & come in at 228lbs, and also in shape.

PEAR is a shape isn't it. ?? :icon_razz:

The Big Wheel kit is a snack to fit, UNLESS the ferrule on the bottom of the adjusting rod that the axel goes through has "grown" onto the axel.

Pop of the hubcaps using two screwdrivers on either side of the axel, I use larger screwdrivers and once hammered through under the hubcaps, then you can lever the caps off.

The axel should then be able to be pushed through from one side to the other, UNLESS it has "grown" as above.

If it has, the axel will need to be cut in several places to remove it.

Be careful if you are hammering it through because the soft steel will cauliflower over at the end and stop the axel from going through the pivot point.

Place a solid piece of timber on the end of the axel and hit this with your hammer.

I'm pretty sure that the Big Wheel kit also comes with a new ferrule to place on the adjusting rod and the new axel is stainless so this problem won't occur in future.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom