the custy says, "Wow...that didn't take long"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ever hear that from any of your custys?

Some of the posts I read have mentioned time in the home and perceived value to the custy.

We always run 2 man crew for res and systems/procedures to set up and cleaning geared toward max efficiency.
Not "rushing" thru, but an order to things that promote economy of motion.

There's been times we've run a 3 man crew too.
I have a couple custys that live in double wides with extendos and they want wall to wall cleaning in every room including the bed rooms

a three man crew on those jobs really speeds production without sacrificing quality or getting in a rush.

i often hear, "wow, that didn't take long" as they're writing the check for $49.95

I'm sure some are thinking.... "he made X amount in 3 hours" and i have to work all week for that"

ever get resistance on pricing vs time in the home?

..L.T.A.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Larry, I hear that was quick sometimes, but it is usually after WOW carpet looks great. I work with a two man crew when we do residential cleaning it is just more productive. When we do empty homes for Realtors, I pick up the key and dual wand them, no one knows, no one cares. :lol:

-JB-

Name
JB
I tell them, "mam were efficient, not fast!"

I will also occasionally point out that at NO TIME did they ever see myself or the asst. walking around empty handed, EVERY moment we make has a purpose, much like a well choreographed ballet.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes I heard that many times. I offered a response much like JB's. "Yes X and I work really well together. We like to be as efficient as possible to respect, your time, our clients ahead of you, as well as ours." Followed by, "Here ma'am here is a pair of SHOE COVERS, lets do a walk thru to make sure everything is to your satisfaction"

Meat,

This was my biggest concern almost 5 years ago when buying the V.

I soon learned if the custy is watching and they see you vacuum, Pre-treat, Pre Scrub, Extract, Move-n- block and at times post bonnet they can tell you are doing it all.

They also LOVE the fact they can get on with their day and not be held hostage in their own home waiting for us to finish.

I soon stopped worring about the time factor.

-JB-

Name
JB
I soon learned if the custy is watching and they see you vacuum, Pre-treat, Pre Scrub, Extract, Move-n- block and at times post bonnet they can tell you are doing it all.

That's the key right there, it's not always what we are doing so much as what THEIR doing while were doing what we do. If they arent paying attention, they have no idea how long it really takes, much less what we do, only how much time has past since we arrived.

I still love the ones that walk in after we finish the w/vac and tell us how great it looks . . .

CHECK PLEASE!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Yes I heard that many times. I offered a response much like JB's. "Yes X and I work really well together. We like to be as efficient as possible to respect, your time, our clients ahead of you, as well as ours." Followed by, "Here ma'am here is a pair of SHOE COVERS, lets do a walk thru to make sure everything is to your satisfaction"

Steven this is about custys...not Ta ta girls.....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I cleaned a house a couple weeks ago, about 2000sf of carpet cleaned. Just me, some furniture to move. Did my complete service, a good prevac, precondition, sebo, rinse, protect and groom.
Got there at 9, left at 5. $1500.
Now its not a $2600 day like RonB was talking about. But I asked them about how they felt about me being there all day. They appreciated the time and effort I had put in. They weren't concerned about the time. Most guys were in and out. Efficiency is one thing, but when the client sees the effort you've invested into their house, they are really appreciative. If there were two of us, we could have cut that time in half I guess.

Just finished a 2bdrm condo, 3rd floor, in at 10, out a little after 1, full service as above. He said "Are you finished already?" so perhaps its relative to how you have your clients trained.
I'm not so sure I would be moving the wand any faster if I had a V or even a V on steroids.
I never learned how to clean fast, not sure I want to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom