The death of Slurpy

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Stephen
Well, last night the second motor in my Rotovac Ranger sh*t the bed under load and during the maiden run of the new wand.
Not to worry, I have a new-ish motor in my Advance AquaClean, aka “Slurpy.” I’ll just pop it into the Ranger and get a new one later for Slurpy, right?
As I disassembled the bottom plate, plastic kept shattering and I realized this was Slurpy’s last rodeo. I took out the motor and not wanting to source and buy a new body casing, just kept going and stripped out everything useable I’ve put in over the past six years. Finally I trundled what was left of poor ol’ Slurpy to the curb and he left a trail of water all the way down the drive. I seen “The Brave Little Toaster with my grandchildren and I KNOW that Slurpy was crying.

Now I feel like I killed an old pal.
Also, hownh*ll am I gonna clean those long office building hallways?

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
Well, last night the second motor in my Rotovac Ranger sh*t the bed under load and during the maiden run of the new wand.
Not to worry, I have a new-ish motor in my Advance AquaClean, aka “Slurpy.” I’ll just pop it into the Ranger and get a new one later for Slurpy, right?
As I disassembled the bottom plate, plastic kept shattering and I realized this was Slurpy’s last rodeo. I took out the motor and not wanting to source and buy a new body casing, just kept going and stripped out everything useable I’ve put in over the past six years. Finally I trundled what was left of poor ol’ Slurpy to the curb and he left a trail of water all the way down the drive. I seen “The Brave Little Toaster with my grandchildren and I KNOW that Slurpy was crying.

Now I feel like I killed an old pal.
Also, hownh*ll am I gonna clean those long office building hallways?
Buy a cimex

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Stephen
I know. I encap with a 175 or with a CRB that recovers the slops, but every few times the carpet really needs a good flush. Slurpy did a pretty good job without creating hose trip hazards.
Maybe I should get a Supernova from EDIC.

Credits
Name
Reeko
they look better with crb and encap but not as good as bonnet and encap in my experience, I decided to do just a traffic lane that wasn't responding with crb with a bonnet only to have the traffic lane look better than everywhere else.. dammit!
Not a big fan of CRB as a stand alone unless it's just lightly soiled. The bonnet worked better because you reduced the soil load in the carpet.

Credits
Name
Larry Capitoni
Where did i say "CRB vs bonnet"? I do both when the correct situation calls for it..
maybe I misunderstood your reply to Dan?

can you share a situation where CRB gives better "appearance maintenance" than a rotary?
If that was case, no one would be dragging out that Big Yellow roto-scrub monster called a Cimex , or a 90+ pound rotary .

we'd all carry in two Lil Peeder 10" CRBs and run one in each hand.......

seriously, Derick , for shearing soil off a fiber, nothing is better than a heavy wt roto scrub....nothing

if you haven't seen that in your own side by sides, maybe, just maybe ...

let me quote a friend

Ya doing it wrong then.

..L.T.A.

Credits
Name
Bill Cheryl
I wont. Lol. Its a crap carpet. Ive done worse and got it looking brand new. I never win with these kind of carpets. I went heavy on the PB and a nice long scrub with the 175.. meh..

Latest posts