..The Devastator Filter is very legit and will help give any TM better air flow..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
TMDRY
You more than likely have the SS Dev that did not have rubber gasket in back I used silicone and it just won't hold up. I have been at this for a while now and you can not seal with goop,I know as I have tried it over the years, If you send me your filter I will fix it for free, and send it back, if you like just a offer then if you did use it it won't make the whiny noise anymore up to you. I have also got rid of the old stlye gaskets that did not seal very well up front with a much better quality gasket. My personal SS Dev the very first one leaks a little air and it dripped water out the front but not with new gaskets. I haven't really heard anyone complain except the JB followers all of the sudden the Dev is the biggest POS on the market and it has so many problems yet I haven't heard from but a few and I try to take care of them if I can.
Thanks guys for the nice posts I wish I could make it this year to MF but for some reason we have been fairly busy cleaning, my son is almost ready to take care of the cc company but not just yet needs a little more time getting used to TM start and set up, next year I more than likely come down to meet you all would be nice to get away.

I'm not a JB follower, I buy what I think is best for my company.

I called you a few times and got your carpet cleaning company voice mail, never heard back from you or anyone. Than months later, JB came out w/ his version, I never cared for it as I already had yours. It worked fine (and still does), just the whinnying noise was getting pretty annoying. Both filters work great, if I didn't have the RC99, I would still use the one I got, minus the hissing noise, everything else does the job. The leaking is not a big deal as I never put those things in a client's home, and I always lift the filter for a few seconds and shake it, than it doesn't leak as much.

I called you up to order your filter (before JB had his), I even told you that Joe told me if I wanted a really nice filter to get your stainless (you were surprised to even here that). He never bashed your filter to me at least. I just wanted something that would work, regardless of the whole board drama everyone makes it out of.

Both filters do the job, when I start to dual wand I'll be using both.

I'll take you up on the repair offer.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I removed my lint basket in my Prochem tank because it was killing my air flow and replaced it with the Devastator Filter. Its a little over $200 but my dry times are amazing and my air flow is amazing through the whole job. It is unlike any filter on the market, it is one of those ground breaking tools that will be copied in the coming years.

The owner is a carpet cleaning business owner who has spent the last 4 years or so coming up with this filter. I do believe there is also a mini version that is being tested as well. I think one of these filters will be at MF, so check it out.. it is worth the extra dough over the other filters.

If you have a smaller TM, this would be perfect for you by allowing your machine to breathe easier and give you better suction. I was going to see about upgrading to a 5+ blower for my next machine, but see no reason to go that big since I am 150 ft and under 99% of the time.

Bottom line is that its a tool that will make you a better cleaner.. the thing is built like a tank.

http://www.devastatorfilter.com/Models-and-Prices.html

which prochem waste basket had you been using?? there are 3 I know of the factory aluminum one, a stainless after market unit that has small holes and a stainless aftermarket unit that has holes the same size as the factory aluminum basket. the only unit I have had trouble with is the aftermarket basket with small holes. the other 2 work fine as long as you keep them half way cleaned out. they should be good for a days worth of cleaning. I keep a puddy knife near the tank so I can give the sides a quick scrap and move the debris to one side if I am too lazy to clean it out at that moment. I have never seen the need to use an auxillary filter with a prochem machine.

Name
I'm Rick James
which prochem waste basket had you been using?? there are 3 I know of the factory aluminum one, a stainless after market unit that has small holes and a stainless aftermarket unit that has holes the same size as the factory aluminum basket. the only unit I have had trouble with is the aftermarket basket with small holes. the other 2 work fine as long as you keep them half way cleaned out. they should be good for a days worth of cleaning. I keep a puddy knife near the tank so I can give the sides a quick scrap and move the debris to one side if I am too lazy to clean it out at that moment. I have never seen the need to use an auxillary filter with a prochem machine.

Yeah i don't know which one it had in there.. it was metal and had holes if that helps. I prevacuum and my lint trap in the tank would still collect a lot of debris and kill my suction towards the end of the job. With this filter you can remove your lint trap because it does decrease your vacuum and replace it with a wider filter that allows a constant air flow during the whole job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom