"The Doctor didnt like what you have to offer"

Mikey P

Administrator
was what my fellow speaking club member told me after she reviewed the estimate of cleaning service I sent over last week.

She, the office manager, and "partner" of the lady Orthopedist doctor had me out to look at their office, to give a bid on cleaning carpet and vinyl flooring

Ten exam rooms $85 each (LVP) HWE
Downstairs carpet, ten years old, never cleaned ($800) HWE
Upstairs carpet, same $300 VLM
and a carpted stairccase ($80)
Total $1260

Two visits, on Saturdays or after 5 (which I dont do anymore but was willing to make an exception for her/she
40 minutes from home...

"The Doctor didnt see the value in your service so she (we) bought a robot/Roomba vacuum that cleanes vinyl for $1200"
Here let me show you she says and I see that it's the same model I just bought for our home, but with the wet system, to which I laughed out loud..

"You dont think it will work?"

I replied, well it will get the floor wet... and walked away with a smile...

I was scheduled to go look at their home today for another bid, which we both knew was going to be poo poo'd by the doc so we didnt say a word.

The office is big enough for 4 doctors to practive out of, but it's only her using it, as I'm sure other practitioners dont bring enough value either.

So now every weekly Toast session will have that akwardness to it.... :laura:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
was what my fellow speaking club member told me after she reviewed the estimate of cleaning service I sent over last week.

She, the office manager, and "partner" of the lady Orthopedist doctor had me out to look at their office, to give a bid on cleaning carpet and vinyl flooring

Total $1260

Two visits, on Saturdays or after 5 (which I dont do anymore but was willing to make an exception for her/she
40 minutes from home...

"The Doctor didnt see the value in your service so she (we) bought a robot/Roomba vacuum that cleanes vinyl for $1200"
Here let me show you she says and I see that it's the same model I just bought for our home, but with the wet system, to which I laughed out loud..

I was scheduled to go look at their home today for another bid, which we both knew was going to be poo poo'd by the doc so we didnt say a word.

The office is big enough for 4 doctors to practive out of, but it's only her using it, as I'm sure other practitioners dont bring enough value either.

There is often an inverse relationship between what people charge and what they expect to pay

I think there would be more awkwardness if you did the cleaning, and she found it wanting.....which often happens when people pay more than they expect to.

Reactions: Rick J and Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Do you not know, have you not heard or seen, that doctors and lawyers are the Cheapest pieces of crap when it comes to that on the planet 🤷🏼‍♂️ You’re usually wasting your time especially your prices. PLUS., they’re the slowest pay out there. Daycare centers run a close 3rd.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Guess you haven't reached this stage yet.

1727227581975.png

Closing the Sale Part of The Successful Club Series. Exercise your powers of persuasion during those moments.​

Luky

Name
Mario

Total $1260

40 minutes from home...

I'd say you gave them great deal. When LVT started to come in fashion years ago, medical offices embraced it. After a year of heavy use and poor maintenance they realized that it's time to seek the pros help, since their jani service couldn't keep up. That's when we come up with solution and maintenance plan. We have to make ourself heard and seen.
I always apply " to get my foot" in the door method. I got real estate lawyer offices, his house and his relatives house. He always says" : I feel like I have to pay more , because of how detailed you are." I always let him pay more while staying humble, appreciative and detailed oriented.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A question only you can answer to yourself:

"Do I need this job, or am I feeling emotionally torn because someone I considered an acquaintance at Toastmasters isn't completely bowled over by my lady-killer charm"

No sarcasm intended at all.....it's just that pride can "mess" (I cleaned up the usual word of choice out of respect 3.0) with your business sense.

It surely does with mine.

Listen to Marcellus Wallace...He speaks the truth in boxing, and in business.

Be warned...he doesn't say "mess" in this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM

Mikey P

Administrator
The manager is boiled over, she loves my contributions to the group.

But she isn't the decision maker in the partnership.

I'm betting I get an apology for wasting my time, after the Roomba doesn't deliver..

I'm in no way looking for after hours works Jim

On the other hand I was dealing with the New Zealand all night long who wants to buy a multi-surface wand for his portable he was asking so many questions, demanding photos from 5 angles, and for delivery and performance and satisfaction guarantees, that I finally had to decline doing business with him.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Take heart. You’ll be dealing with AI carpet cleaners soon. Imagine the joy of selling something to Fred AI.

If Fred AI is any measure, they'd at least be polite, if overly verbose, with him.

I've also realized that I need to be more brief in my own posts, lest I be confused with "him"

Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
On the other hand I was dealing with the New Zealand all night long who wants to buy a multi-surface wand for his portable he was asking so many questions, demanding photos from 5 angles, and for delivery and performance and satisfaction guarantees, that I finally had to decline doing business with him.

One of the reasons I put my phone on "Focus" (Do not disturb) after 5PM is the tendency of Aussies and Kiwis to forget the time zone difference.

Terje Brevik is good for a few 2 AM texts too.

I've noted that you figured that out years ago, and I appreciate it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Appearance is everything in those business meetings. Wear a suit or upgraded clothes. This is from Jimmy A-eye : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom