The dreaded, poorly maintained, cheap SHAG area rug.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
These fooking things are all over the place.

If I get one more call for one that's been continuously pissed on by some little rat-dog, or full of crumbs and assorted crunchies from some little booger-picker, I'm going to loose it.

I'm starting to turn away most of them because I have come to the conclusion that the odds are stacked against me with most of them.

The matrix of long fibers make deep extraction very difficult, and extend the drying process, and deep extraction at the fiber base and backing is what is necessary.

I am referring most to a rug plant that I use, but I find that even a couple of passes through a Moor machine is not always 100% effective in flushing heavier urine residue that is locked deep in a shag rug, and crumbs and boogers will often remain embedded.

Drives me nuts continually picking out stuff when I run my hand over the fibers.

The more you look, the more you'll find.

I wish Home Goods and Safavieh would stop pumping out these $120 dollar gems.

I really despise them.

I am starting to find satisfaction in recommending to customers to throw them out and to buy a new one.

Serves them right.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Haha I did one just like that last week 3rd floor of an apartment with my truckmount

I really didnt want to but they said while your doing the carpet can you also just run over the rug.. Im not gonna lie it still looked terrible

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Haha I did one just like that last week 3rd floor of an apartment with my truckmount

I really didnt want to but they said while your doing the carpet can you also just run over the rug.. Im not gonna lie it still looked terrible

Lighter the color, the worse they often are.

No shortage of neglected "Snow White" colored ones with worn traffic areas, piss spots all over them, and embedded with Cherrio's and Coco Pebbles, and their owners who are expecting to find a cheap fix.

steve_64

I'm up to $150 on 6x4 pick up and delivery only and they still want them cleaned.

I've pretty much stopped doing them in homes. Gotta be firm and just refuse. They beg and plead but I just give a .... Anymore.

Name
Jeff T
The only way I’ve found to clean them is to vac both sides 5-6 times, prespray, agitate with a Cimex, and extract with my 360i Bh, slow passes, hot water, and if they are urine soaked, I let them sit in the tub for 24 hrs.... I’ll pressure wash them, then run the rest of the system.... they are a pain in the ass...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
They are a pain!

Had one that we brought back to the shop.

Dog snack Bone parts in it... Other dog treats..

Had it hanging even after run rug beater and vac and clean... Could keep beating and raking by hand crap out of it while it was hanging.

My wife wanted one.... That and a couch that had linen and cotton...

Told her no way! Her response : you're a cleaner... You need to know how to clean these....

I told her... I do...

We have 4 little grandkids at the house everyday....

You don't get these items! We are not cleaning them.... Easy peasy....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Try this baby. Old goat hair flokati rug.
IMG_20180515_160916.jpg
IMG_20180515_161014.jpg

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Omg, i had The you’re a cleaner line pulled on me. Lasted 15 sorry years that i’ll Never get back:hopeless:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
IMG_3717.jpg

They don't stop coming.......................

"Will it be white again?"

SMH.............

Rejected.........

Back
Top Bottom